Dual Channel and Folding - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Dual Channel and Folding

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-10-2004, 11:54 AM - Thread Starter
Retired Staff

Rep: 806 (Unique: 414)
This may be a dumb question, but what do you guys think.

Would having your system running dual channel improve folding?

The reason I ask is that the mobile 2600's and the DFI's I ordered came in...so I'm gonna end up swapping over the XP3000 for the 2600. The DFI's have dual channel capability...so I was curious to know if it helped at all.

TIA

post-flame-small.gif Retirement isn't all it's cracked up to be post-flame-small.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-10-2004, 12:03 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 26 (Unique: 22)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier1421
This may be a dumb question, but what do you guys think.

Would having your system running dual channel improve folding?

The reason I ask is that the mobile 2600's and the DFI's I ordered came in...so I'm gonna end up swapping over the XP3000 for the 2600. The DFI's have dual channel capability...so I was curious to know if it helped at all.

TIA
You got the dfi lanparty nfii ultra b Xav cause it 's a nice board I've had no trouble with it, oh and I've also got the 2600xp mobile too. You know when you say Dual channel your talking about dual channel ram right I thought most boards had that now. I really can't say if it's help me fold any quicker because this is the only set up I've used for folding, but lets say i've had no probs with it yet

"Be excellent to each other" Bill and Teds Excellent Adventurecool.gif

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-10-2004, 12:05 PM

Yeah, Slap that 2600-M in - OverClock the dog snot out of it. That baby will tear up that 3000.I love these smiles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-10-2004, 12:07 PM - Thread Starter
Retired Staff

Rep: 806 (Unique: 414)
hehehe, yeah, my other DFI Ultra Inf is awesome.

My XP3000 is running on an older gigabyte board...good stable board, but not PCI/AGP lock...nor dual channel

I was just curious about the dual channel thing because I'll go buy two more 256meg sticks to make both new systems dual channel... (if it folds better that is)

BTW folks, we've got a team hot on our trail...no one else is even thinkin about overtaking us, but this team has got the momentum and the 24 hr point average to make a good move on us.

*says in scotty voice- "We need more power captain! We can't take much more!"

post-flame-small.gif Retirement isn't all it's cracked up to be post-flame-small.gif

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-10-2004, 03:48 PM
Retired Staff

Rep: 278 (Unique: 169)
I have yet to see that much of a difference that dual channel makes on anything. I wouldnt think it warrants spending any money on if you wouldnt have on the contrary.

Blah
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-10-2004, 04:53 PM
Retired Staff

Rep: 403 (Unique: 229)
I've seen benchmarks suggesting dual-channel has only marginal advantage over single stuff, but it was nothing to shout about.

Nikon D90 + D40x / 18-55mm DX / 18-105 DX VR / 55-200mm DX VR / 50mm AF f1.8 / 70-210mm AF f4-5.6

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in