Great work team! - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Great work team!

post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-23-2004, 04:18 PM - Thread Starter
Retired Staff

Rep: 354 (Unique: 187)
As of writing this, our 24 hour average is 4,442 points/day. So we've almost made it to 5k points/day (Which has been one of my goals). Once we hit that, our team will be listed in dark blue instead of that teal color. And if we can stay above 5200 points/day soon we should be able to stay ahead of those two teams approaching us. Maybe even pass MajorGeeks.com (who past us a few days ago). Yesterday we had 4,871 points, so keep up the good work. I'm impressed.

Also just wanna say congrats to Xavier for reaching over 800 points/day!! That rocks, nice work.

And to all of those who just have one computer folding (even if it's part time), THANKS!! All of the part time and single CPU users make up a very big portion of most teams' points, so keep folding!

-DeathONator

Fold for the cure & team 37726!!
H2O cooling: Chevette heatercore, 172mm 258CFM fan, Apogee GT, and Ehiem 1250. Load temp @ 1.45vcore 41C.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-23-2004, 05:20 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 222 (Unique: 155)
Thats great news Death.

I was hoping to have my FX-53 folding aswell (when I'm not gaming), but I can't get it to connect to the internet through my network :swearing:

And a big congrats to Xavier from hitting 800 per day He is kicking everyone arse with his 7 machines (or is it 8 now....)

Quote:
Colin McRae: - "If in doubt, flat out"
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-23-2004, 07:50 PM
Retired Staff

Rep: 806 (Unique: 414)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus
Thats great news Death.

I was hoping to have my FX-53 folding aswell (when I'm not gaming), but I can't get it to connect to the internet through my network :swearing:

And a big congrats to Xavier from hitting 800 per day He is kicking everyone arse with his 7 machines (or is it 8 now....)
Sniff sniff...thanks guys!

Death..you'll always be the lead on the folding, I chased you for a long time (and you made me spend a lot of money!) hehehe

Team Overclock.net is really making me proud...51 folders and I am sure there are more!

My stats say 9 cpu's have been active in the last 50 days, but its really only 7 (it thinks there's a new cpu when you update the core)...and that number (7) will change in 2-3 days.

My laptop is back on work duty, (too bad too...cause it folds like a mutha)
My work computer just cant hack it anymore...(its a Dell...any questions?)

I'll settle down with 5 rigs, but I have since tweaked some settings, and they are obviously working out!

post-flame-small.gif Retirement isn't all it's cracked up to be post-flame-small.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-23-2004, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier1421
Sniff sniff...thanks guys!

Death..you'll always be the lead on the folding, I chased you for a long time (and you made me spend a lot of money!) hehehe

Team Overclock.net is really making me proud...51 folders and I am sure there are more!

My stats say 9 cpu's have been active in the last 50 days, but its really only 7 (it thinks there's a new cpu when you update the core)...and that number (7) will change in 2-3 days.

My laptop is back on work duty, (too bad too...cause it folds like a mutha)
My work computer just cant hack it anymore...(its a Dell...any questions?)

I'll settle down with 5 rigs, but I have since tweaked some settings, and they are obviously working out!
Dont suppose you would care to share those magic settings with us????????

Friend, buddy ole pal
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-23-2004, 07:59 PM
Retired Staff

Go into your start menu, find the startup folder (if running the graphical version), find the FaH link in said startup folder. Right click and go to properties.

In the Target area, after the quotation mark- add -advmethods -forceasm

When you are done, the target should look like this:

"D:\\Program Files\\[email protected]\\winFAH.exe" -advmethods -forceasm

Piece of cake! (I'm not sure what it did, but it made my output increase!)

Maybe Death knows what the forceasm flag does.

post-flame-small.gif Retirement isn't all it's cracked up to be post-flame-small.gif

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-23-2004, 08:53 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 173 (Unique: 136)
Quote:
Go into your start menu, find the startup folder (if running the graphical version), find the FaH link in said startup folder. Right click and go to properties.

what does adding that thing do?

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-23-2004, 10:22 PM - Thread Starter
Retired Staff

Rep: 354 (Unique: 187)
Before stanford re-did the point values, the WUs that used the tinke core sucked. So you didn't want any tinkers. Using -advmethods would tell the server that you want a work unit that uses one of the newer more advanced cores (not a tinker). But since they redid the point value, for AMD rigs, I would say don't use -advmethods; for intels, it might help a little.

As for the -forceasm, it makes folding use ASM , which is some kind of instruction method that add efficiency. But I amd pretty sure ASM is enabled by default anyways. Definately also use -forceSSE, because on AMD rigs, SSE is not enabled by default. Or at least is wasn't before, they might have changed that... but use forceSSE and forceasm anyways, just to be sure. Not all CPUs support SSE, so be aware (AMD tbirds and older, and I thikn p3),

Fold for the cure & team 37726!!
H2O cooling: Chevette heatercore, 172mm 258CFM fan, Apogee GT, and Ehiem 1250. Load temp @ 1.45vcore 41C.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-23-2004, 11:28 PM
Overclockiit

Rep: 364 (Unique: 216)
Ok i started folding again i think i fixed the issue with it causing some of my software to crash im taking advantage of my Hyper Threading im running console and and graphical all looks good so far

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-24-2004, 06:33 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathONator
Before stanford re-did the point values, the WUs that used the tinke core sucked. So you didn't want any tinkers. Using -advmethods would tell the server that you want a work unit that uses one of the newer more advanced cores (not a tinker). But since they redid the point value, for AMD rigs, I would say don't use -advmethods; for intels, it might help a little.

As for the -forceasm, it makes folding use ASM , which is some kind of instruction method that add efficiency. But I amd pretty sure ASM is enabled by default anyways. Definately also use -forceSSE, because on AMD rigs, SSE is not enabled by default. Or at least is wasn't before, they might have changed that... but use forceSSE and forceasm anyways, just to be sure. Not all CPUs support SSE, so be aware (AMD tbirds and older, and I thikn p3),
I tried forcesse (on my xp-m rig) and I got an error when I restarted the computer (not a computer error, a folding error). The flag "forcesse" (at least for FaH 5.02) doesnt work. It may already allow sse. Anywho, I am going back to forceasm and advmethods...(cause it works for me!)

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-24-2004, 06:54 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 222 (Unique: 155)
Quote:

mmm... I'll give that a go....

Quote:
Colin McRae: - "If in doubt, flat out"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in