HFM Rainmeter Config - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

HFM Rainmeter Config

post #1 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-04-2010, 01:27 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 20 (Unique: 17)
So apparently there was a request to produce a Rainmeter config for use with HFM (FahMon config here) and after a half dozen or so PMs with Zodac, I've got a pretty good start.

If you've used the FahMon config, this one works the same way. You need to have HFM generate an html file (check out the remote monitoring guide for details) If all you want is to keep the .html file on your computer, go to preferences, check "create a web site," and select a folder that you won't lose.

Included in the .zip are 6 different config files. Select the appropriate number of clients. Single through "5 client" will give you detailed information about each individual client:

I also included another config that only gives an overview of all your clients, clicking on the top line opens up the summary page for detailed information. This is probably your best choice if you have an insane amount of clients to monitor.

After loading any config, you will need to right click --> edit config and find the "variables" section. In this section you will need to enter in the location(s) of your html file(s). If you are using a file on your computer, make sure the path looks similar to mine below. Don't forget the file:// at the beginning! Rainmeter gets really twitchy about the syntax here.

(note that some configs only require a single URL)

You can also edit font type and color in this area.

I've tested this as best as I can, but feel free to post if you have any problems or if there is anything that you'd like to see added to this. I tried to leave the configs flexible so I should be able to add things fairly easily.

If you have any errors, debugging is turned on, so right click on any rainmeter skin and select "show log file." You can save that file and attach to any help requests so I can try and figure out the problem
(If the log is blank, right click skin --> skin menu --> refresh skin and try again)

Again, thanks to Zodac for bringing this request to my attention and for the help with getting this going.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-04-2010, 02:23 PM
Retired Staff

Rep: 509 (Unique: 309)
Working fine here. I'm a bit busy for the next few days, but once I'm free, I'll add in the stats config and make one combined one.

Cheers bndeac.

I was not fired. sozo.gif

post #3 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-04-2010, 02:44 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 269 (Unique: 221)
Thanks bndeac! This is really handy.

i5 2550K @ 5.1Ghz proof.gif
i7 920 @ 4.2Ghz proof.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-04-2010, 02:45 PM
Retired Staff

Rep: 509 (Unique: 309)
Yeah, the Fahmon one was awesome, then we all switched over to HFM and forgot about it. Won't let that happen again.

I was not fired. sozo.gif

post #5 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-27-2010, 07:03 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 53 (Unique: 48)
Noob question but how do I install a config?

My audio setups:

Gaming Rig Speaker Setup: Asus Xonar STX => M-Audio BX8A deluxes
Gaming Rig Headphone Setup: Asus Xonar STX => Headroom Micro Amp => HF2 / HD650 for music, AD700 w/ boommic for gaming
Home Theater Speaker Setup: Onboard Optical Out=> Pioneer VSX-1016 => Bic Acoustech 5.1 horn tweeters (Klipsch Knock Offs)
Home Theater Headphone Setup: Onboard Optical Out=> Pioneer VSX-1016 headphone out => HD650
Portable Setup: iPhone 4 => Triple Fi 10vis (Fisher Hearing custom remold)

post #6 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-27-2010, 07:06 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 134 (Unique: 100)
post #7 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-27-2010, 07:53 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

To install, go to Documents> Rainmeter> Skins. Drop the whole folder you downloaded in there. You may have to refresh rainmeter to get them to show up, so right click the rainmeter icon in the task bar and click "refresh all." Then right click > configs > HFM and select the appropriate config

post #8 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-27-2010, 08:16 PM
New to Overclock.net

Thanks my problem is I put it in the main skins directory and not the Documents directory.

Edit: Is it okay if I edit it a bit? I need to make it for 7 clients and I was thinking of putting bar graphs in for progress. As well as adding a folding icon and try to organize it a bit by separating each client with lines. I'm not sure if I can pull all that off but I am going to try and give it a whirl.

My audio setups:

Gaming Rig Headphone Setup: Asus Xonar STX => Headroom Micro Amp => HF2 / HD650 for music, AD700 w/ boommic for gaming
Home Theater Speaker Setup: Onboard Optical Out=> Pioneer VSX-1016 => Bic Acoustech 5.1 horn tweeters (Klipsch Knock Offs)
Home Theater Headphone Setup: Onboard Optical Out=> Pioneer VSX-1016 headphone out => HD650

post #9 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 04:03 PM
New to Overclock.net

Here is what I've got so far...still a work in progress.

My audio setups:

post #10 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-28-2010, 05:02 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Edit as much as you want. I tried to provide a decent backbone to work with, but if you need any help with anything, PM me or post here and I'll see what I can do. For now though, it looks like you've got it coming along nicely. Not sure if you already know this, but there's a manual for rainmeter over here, that might come in handy for adding progress bars.

(and if that's your car in your pic, I freakin want it...there's a serious lack of subies in TX)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in