For new, multicore CPU Folders, be aware that SMP WUs have bonus points, with more bonus points the faster you finish the WU. However, the bonuses only come into effect after you have completed 10 SMP WUs. It is also advised not to switch to -bigadv Folding until you have qualified for these bonuses.Again, you will need to submit 10 SMP WUs before you begin getting bonus points.What you need....
1. V7 client, download links
2. [[B][COLOR="Red"]OUTDATED[/COLOR][/B]] HFM - Optional but highly recommended. - Guide
3. A Folding passkey from Stanford. You can request one from here
. This is not needed if you are only Folding on GPUs. However, it is essential for the SMP/Unicore clients.Example
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Basic SMP setup1)
Run the install file for the Folding client.
When prompted, choose "Custom install
" then select "Install just for me
Now, install the client to the default location, but in the next option save the Data Folder to C:\Program Files (x86)\FAHClient\Data
A warning will appear, just ignore it and click Ok
Following screen select Next
and leave everything at the default recommended settings.4)
Next, you reach the initial configuration screen. Enter the following:
• Donor: [Your Folding Name]
to see if your preferred name is in use.)
• Team: 37726
• Passkey: [The passkey you requested earlier]
• Preferred Mode: SMP5)
You are now done installing the v7 client and now SMP folding! 6)
Top Menu BarConfigure & Prefrences
- Advance options (more info)Applies to all clientsFold
- Resume/starts all clientsPause
- Pauses all clientsFinish
- Will complete all units then pause all clientsViewer
- 3d rendering (may lower performance & PPD
)Hide & Quit
- Hide will minimize to systray and Quit will exit the client.
Closing it by clicking the [X]
in the top right corner will also minimize it to the systray.