Thread: a few SLI Q's
View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 11:22 AM - Thread Starter
-iceblade^
Retired Staff

Rep: 814 (Unique: 613)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hangemhi View Post
I mean it will still work. Its just SLI has a better use for high res than lower. Overkill.
for the record, i'm hoping this overkill will mean i can max AA and AF in most games... if by some miracle it can pull Warhead at 1360x768 Enthusiast i'll be very very happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choggs396 View Post
I picked up another 8800GTX for SLI a while back, and does help out in more demanding games @ 1680x1050, especially if you're using lots of AA/AF. Even in games where I was already getting a pretty high average, it seems to have made some of them "smoother," possibly from an increased minimum frame rate.

Whether or not you "need" SLI to get decent framerates depends on what games you're playing, of course.
thanks for this. precisely the kind of thing i'm hoping to achieve... the games would be pretty much all the AAA titles of the past 2 years.

R.I.P Syrillian
Blitz6804, ... you watch too many telecomunications commercials XD
staryoshi: Your wallet is tight like a clam. Let it breathe like a fish
JCG: you spent half of your life studying for a job, and the other half complaining about the said job
Miki, re Boxxy; She's totally adorable, who could not like her? I know, I know, some find her annoying. But, I think they are just boring so their opinions don't count.
Afrodisiac; You are such a hypocrite it's not even funny