>>The Official ASUS P8P67/P8Z68 & P8Z68/GEN3 Series Owners Club>> - Page 938 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

>>The Official ASUS P8P67/P8Z68 & P8Z68/GEN3 Series Owners Club>>

post #9371 of 9390 (permalink) Old 12-29-2017, 12:44 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Hello!

Please, can anybody share the latest modified bios 3802 for Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 with latest OROMs/LAN/VGA and NVMe?
3-4 years before I think I can make it by myself, but now I have no time to researching with 2 little babies... =)

Thank you VERY much!

Marry Christmas and happy New Year!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9372 of 9390 (permalink) Old 01-08-2018, 03:50 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Hi, I have a p8p67 evo an wanting to add an m2 960 evo card with adaptor, has anyone managed to accomplish this as a boot drive with/without modding the bios?

Cheers

post #9373 of 9390 (permalink) Old 01-11-2018, 07:13 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 348 (Unique: 275)
Cranked up the vcore to 1.46v, and the fixed CPU frequency to 500. Temps are still 65-70c. Perfectly stable now. No crashes when gaming for any game. Since it passed the latest version of prime 95 for 16 hours at a lower vcore, I am sure this thing is ready to rock for the next two years of its short life. I am still planning to tweak a couple of things, but I think changing my ram timing from 1T to 2T really helped sort it out.

I am also considering a future drop of PLL voltage from 1.7 to 1.5 and staying around there to see if ivy likes the lower vcore there, which I have heard it does.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9374 of 9390 (permalink) Old 01-28-2018, 05:52 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by d3v0 View Post
Cranked up the vcore to 1.46v, and the fixed CPU frequency to 500. Temps are still 65-70c. Perfectly stable now. No crashes when gaming for any game. Since it passed the latest version of prime 95 for 16 hours at a lower vcore, I am sure this thing is ready to rock for the next two years of its short life. I am still planning to tweak a couple of things, but I think changing my ram timing from 1T to 2T really helped sort it out.<br><br>
I am also considering a future drop of PLL voltage from 1.7 to 1.5 and staying around there to see if ivy likes the lower vcore there, which I have heard it does.
Well I think my board is dying.

I've been trying to get UEFI to work with my video card (7870 Myst, which should support it). After flashing numerous video bioses and never getting past a black screen/unlit keyboard when EFI Option Rom was enabled in BIOS, I decided to give up. I reset my CMOS due to black screen problem, but it isn't showing my integrated graphics anymore (the menu option for IGFX is gone). I also noticed it now detects my 16GB of RAM as 8GB, and even worse, my 2500K has a LOCKED multiplier (won't let me set above 33, I was stable at 45 +0.060 votes for 6 years). It won't boot with no external video card (red light by the slot), and with it, the IGFX options in BIOS are gone.

I verified all sticks of RAM I have are functioning one-at-a-time (besides, it would be odd for 2 sticks to just die). But if all four are in, the red MemTest light comes on. The RAM also shows up in the SPD checker.

Not sure what to do. I have a P8Z68 Gen3 non-Pro. It sucks because it's not like they sell LGA1155 boards these days to replace it, even though my RAM and CPU are probably fine.

So now I went from 4.5Ghz and 16GB of RAM, to 3.3Ghz and 8GB. I even tried reflashing the current BIOS just in case, but that didn't help anything either. If anyone has ran into this problem and found a solution, I'd like to hear it.
post #9375 of 9390 (permalink) Old 01-28-2018, 05:53 PM
New to Overclock.net

Cranked up the vcore to 1.46v, and the fixed CPU frequency to 500. Temps are still 65-70c. Perfectly stable now. No crashes when gaming for any game. Since it passed the latest version of prime 95 for 16 hours at a lower vcore, I am sure this thing is ready to rock for the next two years of its short life. I am still planning to tweak a couple of things, but I think changing my ram timing from 1T to 2T really helped sort it out.<br><br>

I've been trying to get UEFI to work with my video card (7870 Myst, which should support it). After flashing numerous video bioses and never getting past a black screen/unlit keyboard when EFI Option Rom was enabled in BIOS, I decided to give up. I reset my CMOS due to black screen problem, but it isn't showing my integrated graphics anymore (the menu option for IGFX is gone). I also noticed it now detects my 16GB of RAM as 8GB, and even worse, my 2500K has a LOCKED multiplier (won't let me set above 33, I was stable at 45 +0.060 votes for 6 years). It won't boot with no external video card (red light by the slot), and with it, the IGFX options in BIOS are gone.

I verified all sticks of RAM I have are functioning one-at-a-time (besides, it would be odd for 2 sticks to just die). But if all four are in, the red MemTest light comes on. The RAM also shows up in the SPD checker.

Not sure what to do. I have a P8Z68 Gen3 non-Pro. It sucks because it's not like they sell LGA1155 boards these days to replace it, even though my RAM and CPU are probably fine.

So now I went from 4.5Ghz and 16GB of RAM, to 3.3Ghz and 8GB. I even tried reflashing the current BIOS just in case, but that didn't help anything either. If anyone has ran into this problem and found a solution, I'd like to hear it.
post #9376 of 9390 (permalink) Old 01-31-2018, 12:38 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by waltdanger View Post

So I fixed my board. It was corruption related to the Intel Management Engine (Intel ME) part of the flash/bios image. Not fixable by just flashing the BIOS with EZFlash since that will maintain the current ME, but with some help from the resources on Win-RAID, I found a clean ME firmware image. I used the Intel Flash Image Tool to decomp the flash image into its parts, replaced the Intel ME binary with a clean binary, then rebuilt the image with my existing configuration and used a DOS boot USB stick to erase and flash the new image fully. Then after one last CMOS reset, it came back up and all the features of my chip are working again. Didn't mean to double post but it might help others who may run into this issue.

The guide I followed is here
post #9377 of 9390 (permalink) Old 01-31-2018, 03:54 AM
aka PhireSide

Rep: 12 (Unique: 10)
Quote: Originally Posted by waltdanger View Post
So I fixed my board. It was corruption related to the Intel Management Engine (Intel ME) part of the flash/bios image. Not fixable by just flashing the BIOS with EZFlash since that will maintain the current ME, but with some help from the resources on Win-RAID, I found a clean ME firmware image. I used the Intel Flash Image Tool to decomp the flash image into its parts, replaced the Intel ME binary with a clean binary, then rebuilt the image with my existing configuration and used a DOS boot USB stick to erase and flash the new image fully. Then after one last CMOS reset, it came back up and all the features of my chip are working again. Didn't mean to double post but it might help others who may run into this issue.

The guide I followed is here
Great stuff! Glad you managed to sort it out

Visit the Raven Ridge Owners Club [RROC]
Red Baron
(16 items)
Media PC
(10 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 5 1600
Motherboard
Asus Prime X370-PRO
GPU
Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
RAM
G.skill TridentZ 3200C14 RGB
Hard Drive
Western Digital 2TB Green
Hard Drive
Seagate 1TB
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo
Power Supply
Super Flower Leadex Silver 550w
Case
Cooler Master Storm Scout Mk I
Operating System
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
LG D2343
Keyboard
Gigabyte K83 Red
Mouse
Corsair Harpoon RGB
Mousepad
Orico Extra Wide Mouse Mat
Audio
Corsair H1500 USB
Audio
Creative SBS 560
CPU
Ryzen 3 2200G
Motherboard
MSI A320M Gaming Pro
RAM
Kingston 4GB
Hard Drive
OCZ Agility 3
Power Supply
Raidmax RX 500
Cooling
AMD Wraith Stealth
Case
BitFenix Prodigy M
Operating System
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Keyboard
Logitech KS360
Mouse
Microsoft Wireless Mouse 2000
▲ hide details ▲
post #9378 of 9390 (permalink) Old 02-08-2018, 07:51 AM
New to Overclock.net

Hey guys,

I am curious about the PCI-E 3.0 x16 lanes. I have a 3770K so I have PCI-E 3.0.

I have a GTX 1080Ti in the top PCI-E x16 slot, for gaming and mining.

I have a GTX 970 in the second PCI-E x16 slot, for mining only.

Question 1:

Does using both for mining mean that they operate at x8/x8 even though they are not SLI?

Question 2:

Temps are much higher now on my 1080Ti. Can I place the GTX 1080ti in the bottom slot and the GTX 970 in the top slot and still get x16 for gaming with my GTX 1080ti? Thanks!
post #9379 of 9390 (permalink) Old 02-08-2018, 12:04 PM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 65 (Unique: 62)
Hey guys,

I am curious about the PCI-E 3.0 x16 lanes. I have a 3770K so I have PCI-E 3.0.

I have a GTX 1080Ti in the top PCI-E x16 slot, for gaming and mining.

I have a GTX 970 in the second PCI-E x16 slot, for mining only.

Question 1:

Does using both for mining mean that they operate at x8/x8 even though they are not SLI?

Question 2:

Temps are much higher now on my 1080Ti. Can I place the GTX 1080ti in the bottom slot and the GTX 970 in the top slot and still get x16 for gaming with my GTX 1080ti? Thanks!

Q1: Yes.
Q2: No, because you are dividing the PCI-E lanes with other device.

Your mobo manual also gives you lots of info
post #9380 of 9390 (permalink) Old 02-09-2018, 08:42 AM
New to Overclock.net

I read the manual and it says x8/x8 of course for SLI, but I wasnt sure if it meant the same for mining.

Going to have to remove that GTX 970, since the x8 3.0 will bottleneck my GTX 1080ti for sure.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in