>>The Official ASUS P8P67/P8Z68 & P8Z68/GEN3 Series Owners Club>> - Page 940 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

>>The Official ASUS P8P67/P8Z68 & P8Z68/GEN3 Series Owners Club>>

post #9391 of 9394 (permalink) Old 07-27-2019, 08:19 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
Anyone have a modified BIOS for the P8Z68-V/GEN3 with a full set of updated OROMs that's confirmed working? Every link I've come across has been dead...

Edit 1: Managed to inject the latest available NVMe module on my own, and get it flashed without issue. Going to try natively booting from NVMe on this board soon!
Edit 2: And I'm now booting from a 1TB NVMe drive. Works perfectly

Last edited by Leapo; 08-02-2019 at 12:51 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9392 of 9394 (permalink) Old 11-01-2019, 11:23 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
I'm starting to wonder if my P8Z68 is fatally wounded.

It was fine when I went to bed. I left the PC on.

When I came back this morning, no monitor, no usb keyboard, no usb mouse. They would not respond and the kb/mouse did not have "power".

I held my power button down to force shutdown the PC and then booted it back up. Still no keyboard, no mouse, no display...but, the PC is booting into windows. I have sound and get the welcome to windows sound.

I have tried different USB ports.
I have powered down and unplugged it for 30 seconds and plugged back in, no change.
I have powered down and flipped the power switch on the back of the PSU, no change.
I have removed my 1080ti and plugged the monitor into the motherboard (hdmi), no change.

The PSU is newer than everything else. About 8 months old. Bought it when I bought the (used) 1080ti.

I'm planning on next unplugging my hard drives so it quits booting to windows and so I don't have to force shutdown the OS anymore.

Then removing the CMOS battery and/or resetting using jumpers.

Otherwise, I'm out of ideas.

So to sum up: no usb support, no display but system is booting to windows.

Time to suck it up and build a new pc?

An 8 yr build?
(8 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
Motherboard
Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite
GPU
EVGA 1080ti ftw3
RAM
G.Skill 3600 CL16, 16gb (2x8gb)
Hard Drive
Corsair MP510, 480gb
Hard Drive
Sabrent Rocket, 1tb
Power Supply
Seasonic Focus Plus Platinum 650w
Case
Fractal Design Meshify C
▲ hide details ▲
post #9393 of 9394 (permalink) Old 02-21-2020, 06:03 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 17 (Unique: 17)
• Hi, I just got a replacement for my old ASUS Maximus V Gene that I was using with my i7 3770K

• I now have the ASUS P8P67 (Rev1.02) as it says on the motherboard.

Q.1) The latest BIOS is v3602 from 2012, is there anything newer?

Q.2) For the Maximus board we had a tool that would allow us to manually update the modules in the BIOS, does this work here?
(This is the thread) (https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...pdated-Modules)

• I've run through the motherboard, and have a stable clock similar to the Gene board, although there are some minor things.

Q.3) Is it still recommended to get the manually updated INF/Chipsets like I used to? I was previously using (v13.1.0.1058 (2014)) as that was most performant.
(This is the thread) (https://www.win-raid.com/t25f23-Whic...D-drivers.html)

• I have disabled USB3.0 / Onboard Audio / etc,... As I don't use them.

Q.4) On the ASUS Support/Driver page it states that it has "Realtek LAN" is this true, or do we actually have an Intel LAN Chip? Can I use the Intel Driver?
Currently the only drivers I have installed are NVIDIA, UniXonar, C++/DX and then let Win10 handle the rest. (Win7 was a lot more different.)

Is there anything else I should know?

Thankyou!

Camera Gear: Canon 1100D • Canon 50mm f/1.8 • Canon 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 • Velbon EX-430 Tripod
Steam: BindiiNathan XFIRE: Curleyyy Origin: Curleyyy

Last edited by Curleyyy; 02-21-2020 at 06:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9394 of 9394 (permalink) Old 03-05-2020, 11:20 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 348 (Unique: 275)
Hey yall!

By way of update, my Asus P8Z68 V-Pro Gen3 is STILL rolling, together with my delidded 3770k thats had 1.45v pushed through it at 4.7ghz for 2.5 years.

However, my swiftech H320x2 is making a ton of pump noise, unless the pump is running on minimum duty cycle. so far I have been able to set the BIOS that it stays at 800rpm until the CPU hits 70c. so at all times when running under 70c its whisper quiet.

sadly, at 1.45v 4700mhz, I often hit 70c while gaming. Is there any other way to manually set the bios to force the pump RPM to 800RPM even if the mobo detects the CPU hitting 70c? Thanks!

Last edited by d3v0; 03-05-2020 at 11:24 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in