[Official] ASUS ROG Rampage IV X79 Owner's Club - Page 987 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] ASUS ROG Rampage IV X79 Owner's Club

post #9861 of 9880 (permalink) Old 08-17-2018, 09:30 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 478 (Unique: 306)
Quote: Originally Posted by WannaBeOCer View Post
Ivy-Bridge-E should show a 42C and Sandy-Bridge-E should show 713. A new microcode was released mid July "42D/714", I'll try to update them some time this week. I already upgraded the R4BE.
Yeah , 1st flash was not successful but after USB format and 2nd flash I have 42C as microcode patch listed in BIOS.

I think that my OC just got a bit better as for 4.25GHz (125MHz BLK) my CPU requires 1.26V load, which is a bit lower than with stock BIOS.

CHEERS.

It can run Crysis..
(13 items)
CPU
i7 4930K @ 4.37GHz / 125 BCLK (1.31V LOAD)
Motherboard
Asus Rampage IV Formula
GPU
EVGA GTX 1080 Founders Edition
RAM
G Skill Ripjaws Z 4x4GB @ 2333MHz, CL10
Hard Drive
Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD
Hard Drive
Crucial MX100 256GB SSD
Hard Drive
2x Seagate Barracuda 500GB [7200.12] @ RAID 0
Optical Drive
Samsung DVD
Power Supply
Cooler Master V1200 Platinum
Cooling
Noctua NH-D14
Case
Cooler Master HAF 932
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Monitor
DELL UltraSharp U2412M 24"
Keyboard
Logitech G110
Mouse
Roccat Kone MAX (rev.2)
Mouse
N/A
Audio
Logitech G430 headset
CPU
E6750 G0 @ 3.3GHz (1.25V LOAD)
Motherboard
Asus P5KPL-VM G31
GPU
GeForce 8500GT @ 700/1600/445
RAM
Apacer 2x1GB 800MHz
Hard Drive
Hitachi Deskstar 160GB (7200,8MB)
Optical Drive
LG DVD
Power Supply
Cheap stuff
Case
Linkworld crappy/modded
Operating System
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit build 7601
Monitor
LG 19"
Keyboard
5$ keyboard
Mouse
SmartBox cheap
Mouse
N/A
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9862 of 9880 (permalink) Old 12-18-2018, 02:10 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by WannaBeOCer View Post
Ivy-Bridge-E should show a 42C and Sandy-Bridge-E should show 713. A new microcode was released mid July "42D/714", I'll try to update them some time this week. I already upgraded the R4BE.
Any chance you could still do this? i'd love to update my formula bios one last time...if not any chance you could let me know how to do it myself - just a link to a how to - i don't know if there's anything on win-raid about it... i've been using bolts4breakfasts bios from the ASUS republic of gamers forum but he's gone a bit quiet recently... and i know there's the microcode and nvme updates and other things that could still be added

Thanks

Dave
post #9863 of 9880 (permalink) Old 12-27-2018, 04:31 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Quote: Originally Posted by DukeRaoul2010 View Post
Any chance you could still do this? i'd love to update my formula bios one last time...if not any chance you could let me know how to do it myself - just a link to a how to - i don't know if there's anything on win-raid about it... i've been using bolts4breakfasts bios from the ASUS republic of gamers forum but he's gone a bit quiet recently... and i know there's the microcode and nvme updates and other things that could still be added

Thanks

Dave
I'd also be very interested in an update for the Rampage 4 Formula. Have all the other modules in the R4F 5001 BIOS been updated in the previous version you posted, WannaBeOCer?

Also, I wanted to ask a question about the microcode updates - I've got a modded BIOS that I got from the ROG forums that BOLTS4BREKFAST made earlier this year and I never installed it due to not having an NVMe drive, yet. I'm looking to buy one before the end of this month as Samsung currently has a cashback offer that ends December 31st. Anyway, I wanted to ask, how much of a performance impact do the microcode updates have? I was trying to find a modded NVMe BIOS that has all the modules updated for the R4F + NVMe, but without the CPU microcode updates as I thought that it might affect the performance of my 3930K too much. What do you guys think? Should I not be worried about performance decreases with the updated microcode?

Rig
Ice009
(17 items)
CPU
Intel Core i7 3930K
Motherboard
RAMPAGE IV FORMULA
GPU
EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 FTW 4GB
GPU
RAM
G.Skill Ares 16GB 1600Mhz F3-1600C9Q-16GAO
Hard Drive
Crucial M4 128GB
Hard Drive
Samsung HD103SJ 1TB
Optical Drive
LiteOn iHAS220
Optical Drive
LG BluRay HD-DVD combo GGC-H20L
Power Supply
Enermax Revo 85+ 1250W
Case
CoolerMaster HAF-X
Operating System
Windows 7
Monitor
Dell U2410
Keyboard
Filco Majestouch 2 (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse
Logitech G502
Mouse
PureTrak Talent
Audio
Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional Series
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9864 of 9880 (permalink) Old 12-27-2018, 04:37 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 7 (Unique: 6)
Quote: Originally Posted by Ice009 View Post
I'd also be very interested in an update for the Rampage 4 Formula. Have all the other modules in the R4F 5001 BIOS been updated in the previous version you posted, WannaBeOCer?

Also, I wanted to ask a question about the microcode updates - I've got a modded BIOS that I got from the ROG forums that BOLTS4BREKFAST made earlier this year and I never installed it due to not having an NVMe drive, yet. I'm looking to buy one before the end of this month as Samsung currently has a cashback offer that ends December 31st. Anyway, I wanted to ask, how much of a performance impact do the microcode updates have? I was trying to find a modded NVMe BIOS that has all the modules updated for the R4F + NVMe, but without the CPU microcode updates as I thought that it might affect the performance of my 3930K too much. What do you guys think? Should I not be worried about performance decreases with the updated microcode?
At least Windows 10 also applies the microcode updates anyways. I would say as long as you use Windows 10, you gain nothing for leaving the microcode updates out of your BIOS. For Windows 7, I'm not sure if it also applies the updates. It's too old and I haven't used it for years.

post #9865 of 9880 (permalink) Old 12-27-2018, 04:47 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Quote: Originally Posted by Breit View Post
At least Windows 10 also applies the microcode updates anyways. I would say as long as you use Windows 10, you gain nothing for leaving the microcode updates out of your BIOS. For Windows 7, I'm not sure if it also applies the updates. It's too old and I haven't used it for years.
I thought I read you could disable it in Windows with certain software?

Rig
Ice009
(17 items)
CPU
Intel Core i7 3930K
Motherboard
RAMPAGE IV FORMULA
GPU
GPU
RAM
G.Skill Ares 16GB 1600Mhz F3-1600C9Q-16GAO
Hard Drive
Crucial M4 128GB
Hard Drive
Samsung HD103SJ 1TB
Optical Drive
LiteOn iHAS220
Optical Drive
LG BluRay HD-DVD combo GGC-H20L
Power Supply
Enermax Revo 85+ 1250W
Case
CoolerMaster HAF-X
Operating System
Windows 7
Monitor
Dell U2410
Keyboard
Filco Majestouch 2 (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse
Logitech G502
Mouse
PureTrak Talent
Audio
Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional Series
▲ hide details ▲
post #9866 of 9880 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 04:15 AM
New to Overclock.net

Vytasbcn

Quote: Originally Posted by ShoehornHands View Post
Does anybody know if the Rampage IV boards work with a Xeon E5 processor and if it does, would ECC memory be fully functional?

There's quite a bit of conflicting information on this so I figured maybe somebody here has some first hand experience.

It does work perfectly well. Not all the ECC modules, depending on ranks. 2RX8 works on X58, X79 and probably some others. 2RX4 does not work (or at least those specific 16Gb modules did not want to boot at 1333MHz that is default here).

I have 6x8Gb of ECC working in rampage II extreme at 1771 MHz 9-9-9-24-1 and it is LRDIMM on top. works really well at 1.65V.

I have 8x8Gb of same Ramaxel (micron chips are better than elpida in my opinion) ECC memory on Rampage IV Black Edition.

I have the screen too if needed.
post #9867 of 9880 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 04:18 AM
New to Overclock.net

Does anybody know if the Rampage IV boards work with a Xeon E5 processor and if it does, would ECC memory be fully functional?

There's quite a bit of conflicting information on this so I figured maybe somebody here has some first hand experience.

It does work perfectly well. Not all the ECC modules, depending on ranks. 2RX8 works on X58, X79 and probably some others. 2RX4 does not work (or at least those specific 16Gb modules did not want to boot at 1333MHz that is default here).

I have 6x8Gb of ECC working in rampage II extreme at 1771 MHz 9-9-9-24-1 and it is LRDIMM on top. works really well at 1.65V.

I have 8x8Gb of same Ramaxel (micron chips are better than elpida in my opinion) ECC memory on Rampage IV Black Edition.

I have the screen too if needed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	64gb ecc on x79.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	157.1 KB
ID:	257804  

Last edited by VytasBCN; 03-07-2019 at 04:34 AM.
post #9868 of 9880 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 11:02 AM
New to Overclock.net

Hello everyone. I have rampage IV extreme with i7-3960X cpu, trying to boot windows 10 on a Samsung 970 EVO Plus which I've installed in a pcie adapter card.

I've followed the guides, have all bios settings correct and have tried 3 different modded bios files including the one in this thread but I still cannot see my drive in bios to be able to boot from it.

Used BIOS flashback to update to 4901 modded bios with nvme support

Windows UEFI installation created on rufus for GPT.
Drive formatted as GPT
Secure boot on
Fast boot off
Sata mode AHCI

Boot modes set to UEFI

Installed windows 10 to the drive but since I cannot see it within the bios I cannot boot to it to continue the installation.

Can anyone help me troubleshoot this please?

Last edited by whoeva; 05-09-2019 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Included more info
post #9869 of 9880 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 11:48 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 63 (Unique: 55)
Quote: Originally Posted by whoeva View Post
Hello everyone. I have rampage IV extreme with i7-3960X cpu, trying to boot windows 10 on Samsung 970 EVO Plus. I've followed the guides, have all bios settings correct and have tried 3 different modded bios files including the one in this thread but I still cannot see my drive in bios to be able to boot from it.

Used BIOS flashback to update to 4901 modded bios with nvme support

Windows UEFI installation created on rufus for GPT.
Drive formatted as GPT
Secure boot on
Fast boot off
Sata mode AHCI

Boot modes set to UEFI

Installed windows 10 to the drive but since I cannot see it within the bios I cannot boot to it to continue the installation.

Can anyone help me troubleshoot this please?
I'd suggest using Legacy boot mode.

I'm running Win10 on it with Legacy boot, never like the UEFI mode, a lot of devices doesn't play well with UEFI.

Current project Upside Down S8 built log
post #9870 of 9880 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 12:12 PM
New to Overclock.net

Thank you for your suggestion AllGamer. I tried it but I still have the same problem. I cannot see the drive in bios and therefore cannot boot from it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in