[Official] ASRock Z77 Discussion/Owners Club - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] ASRock Z77 Discussion/Owners Club

post #21 of 3181 (permalink) Old 05-08-2012, 06:58 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 297 (Unique: 244)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aar0nsky View Post

We cannot turn turbo mode off in asrock bios. Make sure speedstep is disabled and make sure on the advanced cpu screen thermal throttling is disabled to remove the throttling of voltage and frequency.

I don't have mine in my case right now, but doesn't this disable it?

Edit: BTW I love Asrock's System Browser smile.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 3181 (permalink) Old 05-08-2012, 07:00 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 21 (Unique: 20)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocelyn84 View Post

Naaa, skips over it.

post #23 of 3181 (permalink) Old 05-08-2012, 08:24 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 33 (Unique: 30)
Quote:

Edit: BTW I love Asrock's System Browser smile.gif

Yeah the system browser is awesome.
As far as the turbo mode goes, I am not sure if ASRock did this on purpose or what but they are the only manufacturer that it does not let you disable turbo mode when you change the cpu aspect ratio(multiplier). You can set fixed voltage and limits but it still says turbo mode enabled when you change the cpu ratio.cheers.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 3181 (permalink) Old 05-08-2012, 08:36 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 297 (Unique: 244)
Are you 100% sure that it's not auto disabled (switched to N/A), hence the inability to change it. I wish I had my Asrock installed so I didn't have to ask, but if you change it to disabled before changing the cpu aspect ratio(multiplier), then change the multiplier, does it stay at disabled with inability to change or does it revert back to enabled?

post #25 of 3181 (permalink) Old 05-08-2012, 08:41 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 11 (Unique: 11)
4.4ghz, +0.010v, LLC 3, pll overvoltage disabled, pll 1.709v, around 1.2-1.22v during load. ram @ 1800 10-10-10-28 2T with 1.6v

temps around 75C max while [email protected], been stable for several days.
post #26 of 3181 (permalink) Old 05-08-2012, 08:54 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 10 (Unique: 9)
Just got done upgrading my computer from i7-860 with a MSI P55 board and a standard hdd to a i5-3570k and the Z77 Professional with a 240gb Corsair SSD. Zero problems so far. Will try overclocking later this week.
post #27 of 3181 (permalink) Old 05-08-2012, 09:01 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 605 (Unique: 370)
Extreme4-M owner here for my HTPC thumb.gif

Still need a case for it so it's kinda... well... it's rockin' the cardboard case shoved into an entertainment center drawer... (playing with my HDMI settings so not using it currently until I get it set up the way I want (all running ArchLinux))

AsRock Z77 Extreme4-M
i3 2120
8GB Samsung low profile ram
Corsair CX430

Some would consider it all overkill for an htpc... but I can throw in one of my spare gpu's and have a gaming htpc if I wanted! Options are <3
Warning: Images taken with crappy camera! (Click to show)

God I love low profile samsung ram heart.gif

post #28 of 3181 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 12:39 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
I don't think I got all that great of CPU. 3570K on a Fatal1ty Z77 Professional at 4.5 ghz. I need an offset of +0.05v, LLC level 3, pll overvoltage disabled, CPU PLL auto, C3/C6 disabled. It runs at about 1.28V under load with max of 83 C on one of the cores, the rest at about 77C max. I tried lowering the CPU PLL but that was completely unstable when lowering it in the 1.7-1.8 range. However, it might be working fine at the lowest setting of 1.586V, weird (still need a lengthy stability test - right now testing LLC level 2 and 1.586V PLL). The 1.586V PLL is slightly cooler and if LLC level 3 works, it should drop even more.

I have been trying 4.6 ghz without much luck - I think I need to set the voltage for the core to get it stable instead of using an offset. It seems to be working at 1.36V core, LLC level 1, and 1.586V CPU PLL, but my temps are all going above 80C for every core and a max of 88 C for one of them. I guess to run at 4.6 Ghz, I may need a second radiator. I only have a single EX360 radiator running both my CPU and my graphics card, a 7970 which stays under 45 C on load.

Is it fine to keep Turbo voltage on auto or should I be tweaking that too?

PS Cirdan - I did that same identical upgrade, hah. An MSI motherboard and I7-860 to a 3570 and Professional motherboard. Did you get that combo at Microcenter like I did? Also, I upgraded from a 60gb SSD to a 240GB SSD smile.gif.

post #29 of 3181 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 04:59 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 21 (Unique: 20)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcbandit View Post

I don't think I got all that great of CPU.

Me either bud. Can't get it over 4.4; still having issues with keeping it stable when the volts drop. I've tried what others have tried as far as changing a few settings and lettin it ride but a no go.

Anyone got full BIOS shots of the Extreme 4 and your stable settings?

post #30 of 3181 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 05:09 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 33 (Unique: 30)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcbandit View Post

I don't think I got all that great of CPU. 3570K on a Fatal1ty Z77 Professional at 4.5 ghz. I need an offset of +0.05v, LLC level 3, pll overvoltage disabled, CPU PLL auto, C3/C6 disabled. It runs at about 1.28V under load with max of 83 C on one of the cores, the rest at about 77C max. I tried lowering the CPU PLL but that was completely unstable when lowering it in the 1.7-1.8 range. However, it might be working fine at the lowest setting of 1.586V, weird (still need a lengthy stability test - right now testing LLC level 2 and 1.586V PLL). The 1.586V PLL is slightly cooler and if LLC level 3 works, it should drop even more.
I have been trying 4.6 ghz without much luck - I think I need to set the voltage for the core to get it stable instead of using an offset. It seems to be working at 1.36V core, LLC level 1, and 1.586V CPU PLL, but my temps are all going above 80C for every core and a max of 88 C for one of them. I guess to run at 4.6 Ghz, I may need a second radiator. I only have a single EX360 radiator running both my CPU and my graphics card, a 7970 which stays under 45 C on load.
Is it fine to keep Turbo voltage on auto or should I be tweaking that too?
PS Cirdan - I did that same identical upgrade, hah. An MSI motherboard and I7-860 to a 3570 and Professional motherboard. Did you get that combo at Microcenter like I did? Also, I upgraded from a 60gb SSD to a 240GB SSD smile.gif.
Try using llc on level 1, you may be surprised at how it does not raise temps and will make it alot more stable. I don't think it likes the fluctuating voltage under load. When idling obviously it is designed to throttle back if thats what your going for, but under load you want the voltage to hold steady so set llc to level 1. For pll, I believe 1.89 is the highest you want it and that may help you get more stable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas101 View Post

Me either bud. Can't get it over 4.4; still having issues with keeping it stable when the volts drop. I've tried what others have tried as far as changing a few settings and lettin it ride but a no go.
Anyone got full BIOS shots of the Extreme 4 and your stable settings?
I can just list my settings.
The only things that need to be changed are vcore, llc and I put additional turbo voltage on lowest setting. Make sure speedstep is disabled and make sure thermal throttling is disabled. These chips are very sensitive to voltage so try every notch, not just going from huge increments.

Quote:

Are you 100% sure that it's not auto disabled (switched to N/A), hence the inability to change it. I wish I had my Asrock installed so I didn't have to ask, but if you change it to disabled before changing the cpu aspect ratio(multiplier), then change the multiplier, does it stay at disabled with inability to change or does it revert back to enabled?

It will switch it to enabled visibly, not sure what to set the limits to so it does not function like normal.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in