Asus Z9PE-D8 Owner's thread - Page 252 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Asus Z9PE-D8 Owner's thread

post #2511 of 2512 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 02:44 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Do any of you guys use the optical audio on this thing? I saw in the manual/online it says it has DTS Connect support. Do I just need to download the audio drivers for this? Reason I ask is cause on ASUS site, they only list drivers for up to Win8.1 and I'm on Win10.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2512 of 2512 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 02:37 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Dear All,

I am back to this forum. After year of usage, my Z9PE-D8 started to give me some problems. It is very difficult to boot. Sometimes I have to restart the Workstation several times before it boots.

The motherboard gives error d7. Please notice that after it starts, everything runs smoothly as usual. So the problem that I have is that the PC won't start randomly for a number of times, than it will boot and run fine until I turn it off.

Error d7 is officially listed on the manual as: "no console input devices are found".

I changed mouse, keyboard, other USB devices (I removed them all) but nothing changes. The system simply refuses to boot for a number of times and then, leaving all as it is and forcing reboots, at a certain point it will "magically" boot without errors.

During usage system is very stable. I can run 48hrs or longer analysis (COMSOL, Ansys, etc) without problems and smoothly.

I tried to search for this error code without luck, I'll try to ask Asus directly. It seems that it can be related to PSU problems (12V connector) but, as I said, after boot I can run 100% CPU for hours without problems.

I didn't change a component in the last years (this workstation is from 2014, I updated RAM and moved some components in 2016 probably) on this built and I never had particular problems.

Old video:
My setup is:
2 x Xeon 2687 v2
8 x 8Gb hmt31gr7cfr4a-h9 (ECC RAM)
Quadro K6000 (tried to change it, nothing changed)
Sound Blaster ZxR (tried to remove it, nothing changed)

Enermax Revolution 85+ 1250 Watt (very old PSU)
APC Smart-UPS - SMC1500I (or similar unit, I am not 100% sure about the exact model)

Does anybody have similar experience with this error code? Thank you!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in