Anyone else filled all 8 ram slots already? I use 2133-rated mushkin redline enhanced (the 993997 quad kit), which is well-reviewed for overclocking and capable of posting at 2400 with only slightly relaxed timings and default voltage (I've tried it myself). It posts fine with just one pack of four installed, but if install both packs, filling all eight slots, it refuses to post even at its rated 2133. It keeps erroring out after 67 and 5A on Dr. Debug, which are both cpu-related. After three failures, it automatically downclocks the ram to 1333 so I can get into the bios and mess with stuff again.
1) It'll post with all eight sticks if they're running at 1866 or lower.
2) It won't post with all eight at 2133 even with extra voltage and/or very relaxed timings.
3) I don't *think* it's heat. I have a 140mm fan blowing right on the sticks. The CPU between is liquid-cooled by an H100. I even pointed a beefy room fan at the motherboard, running full blast. No go.
4) Both 4-packs post fine by themselves in A1/B1/C1/D1, It's only when A2/B2/C2/D2 are used as well that it won't post at the memory's (easily-)rated speed.
5) I don't *think* I'm running short on power. I have an AX1200 and I think I remain far under 1000W at peak, let alone 1200W.
Any thoughts? Vega, you out three? You seem most like to have run into this, if anyone.