Gaming and mouse response BIOS optimization guide for modern PC hardware - Page 313 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Gaming and mouse response BIOS optimization guide for modern PC hardware

post #3121 of 4039 (permalink) Old 10-10-2016, 01:52 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cimi View Post

Yes man i tried all that.I instaled W10 pro,W10 home,W7 ultimate...Installed drivers one by one,tried game without any drivers,tried any possible solution.When i install w10,he download automatically drivers.

I play game 4:3 stretch 1024:768 so i need to put in CSGO in Crimson drivers Display Scaling = full panel

http://prntscr.com/cs0he0

In desktop mouse works perfect but as soon i enter game it goes so smooth like i don`t have any resistance...

*So i tried 3 different OS problem is the same

So i think its driver/bios/or gpu driver problem....

I would give everything if i could have mine feeling like when i used Amd setup ...Now i use 400 dpi 2 in game sense...If i put to 1.5 i then notice difference...Before when i put from 2.1 sens to 2.0 sens i feel HUGE DIFFERENCE.

Have you tryed with Rinput/SourceGL?

CPU/BIOS: Intel i5 4670K @ 4.4 ghz / 1.25V
CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i
Motherboard: Asus Z87-A
GPU: XFX Radeon 290X
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3122 of 4039 (permalink) Old 10-10-2016, 04:21 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Go to c/steam/steamapps/common where you find csgo.exe, you should know where it is and right click csgo.exe properties compatibility tap and check disable display scaling... your mouse should feel better after that. I would also give -noforcemaccel -noforcemparms -noforcemspd commands in launch a shot and see whether your mouse feels better after that also, if not obviously remove it=D
post #3123 of 4039 (permalink) Old 10-10-2016, 05:08 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote:
-noforcemaccel - Use the Windows mouse acceleration settings. Only works if -useforcedmparms is set.
-noforcemspd - Use the Windows mouse speed settings. Only works if -useforcedmparms is set.

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Command_Line_Options
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3124 of 4039 (permalink) Old 10-11-2016, 01:44 PM
New to Overclock.net

Yes i tried Rinput/SourceGL same feeling mouse floats on screen..

I tried that csgo.exe disable display scaling no difference

I tried all console comands,no comand helped mine mouse movement..

Couple hours ago i instaled old chipset drivers and mine mouse is less sensitive,its harder to move over the screed,still not that feel like i had before but better,so i thing its bios settings/driver

Can you guys do for me two things and im not asking for more...Its no point,i dont know how to fix this :

1.Can some one who have z170 give me his bios settings for mouse/usb?

2.Can you give me links for good drivers for you for Z170 mb...So i can try that..

Ty guys for all the help,something is wrong with mine pc,i cant waste anymore time,i spent 2 months for this puke.gif
post #3125 of 4039 (permalink) Old 10-11-2016, 01:50 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
Quote:

Yes i tried Rinput/SourceGL same feeling mouse floats on screen..

I tried that csgo.exe disable display scaling no difference

I tried all console comands,no comand helped mine mouse movement..

Couple hours ago i instaled old chipset drivers and mine mouse is less sensitive,its harder to move over the screed,still not that feel like i had before but better,so i thing its bios settings/driver

Can you guys do for me two things and im not asking for more...Its no point,i dont know how to fix this :

1.Can some one who have z170 give me his bios settings for mouse/usb?

2.Can you give me links for good drivers for you for Z170 mb...So i can try that..

Ty guys for all the help,something is wrong with mine pc,i cant waste anymore time,i spent 2 months for this puke.gif
The placebo effect got you, everything is probably fine, don't think about it.
post #3126 of 4039 (permalink) Old 10-11-2016, 01:54 PM
New to Overclock.net

No its defenetly not ok..

Cos i put from 2.1 to 1.5 sens and its same feeling before i put from 2.1 to 2.0 and its huge difference...Im finaly got to lem and i need mine aim back,but i wont try it again,im tired..

If someon can help me with drivers so i can try it,it would be great.
post #3127 of 4039 (permalink) Old 10-11-2016, 02:38 PM
New to Overclock.net

Every time i want to instal Intel usb 3.0 drivers i get this msg...And i tried 10 different drivers

http://prntscr.com/csovqb

And when i install Asmedia usb 3.0 driver...I see him in control panle...But i dont see him in device menager...Is that some bug?

If some one can help me finding and properly installing usb 3.0 dribers from mine MB i will be more than happy rolleyes.gif
post #3128 of 4039 (permalink) Old 10-11-2016, 03:36 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 5)
Quote:
Setting network card settings (Windows 8.1 and Windows 10)

Right click on Start button and select Device Manager. Look for Network adapters and double click it. Right click on a network adapter listed in this category and select Properties. Click on Advanced tab.

NetworkAdapterSettings

Disable Adaptive Inter-Frame Spacing
Disable all power saving settings (Green, Eco, Power Saving etc)
Disable Flow Control
Disable Interrupt Moderation
Set Interrupt Moderation Rate to OFF
Set Enable PME to DISABLED
Disable all features with “Offload” in the name
Disable Packet Priority & VLAN
Disable Jumbo Packet
Most of options in this category ensure reliability, but cause delay in network traffic, resulting in game network data being late when it should have already been processed, meaning kills you were suppose to make in a game never happen in time, which is always bad.

Set Receive Buffers and Transmit buffers to 96
Connection buffers are a different beast. In one way they help prevent data loss if data can’t be processed in time by your system, but having data in the buffers means it will have a delay again before it actually reaches the game engine (because it’s sitting in the buffers, waiting to get through). If you have a really fast system, using very low values will help reducing the delay because network adapter will be forced to “flush” them faster. With low end systems it may cause packet loss because network adapter will simply drop/reject packets that can’t be fit into the buffers. My Intel Pro LAN only goes as low as 80, but I know Realtek Gigabit LAN goes even below 32. If adapter allows even lower values, experiment with them.

Set Receive Side Scaling (RSS) to ENABLED
Set number of RSS Queues to a higher value value (2 in my case)
Receive Side Scaling (RSS) helps utilize multiple CPU cores in order to process received network packets faster and spread CPU utilization across many CPU cores. Having this enabled will ensure Receive and Transmit buffers will not get overflown by data, allowing you to have them set to a very low value. It may induce a slight DPC delay because multiple cores have to synchronize communication between each other, but I think faster processing in general helps more than slightly higher DPC delay penalizes it. RSS Queues number defines how many CPU cores will be utilized for network data processing. Value of 2 means 2 out of my 6 cores (Intel 5820K) will be used for networking. Checked the second Realtek LAN chip on my motherboard and it allows me to set up to 4 RSS queues.

Results?

After I’ve changed the settings, average received packet loss has dropped from 10-12% down to 0% (which is what you want at all times!). Out of Order value also dropped from ridiculous 480 down to like 9 or 12 after being in a game for several minutes. Which is acceptable though I’ll try to fiddle some more to make it even lower if possible.

I’ve also noticed my kill:death (kd) ratio has improved dramatically as well as less complaining over kills that didn’t happen even though they should have. So, try it, if you have horrible networking issues like I had, you can’t really make it worse lol?

Please note that I’m not an expert in networking, all the stuff described above is what I’ve learned from reading various networking documents and my past knowledge on how computers and networking works. If you have any corrections, please, tell us down below in comments section and I’ll update the info. I may also update this article in the future if I find any other game changing settings that improve things even further.

https://rejzor.wordpress.com/2015/12/07/improve-network-performance-for-games/

Thoughts? thats alot of changes

CPU/BIOS: Intel i5 4670K @ 4.4 ghz / 1.25V
CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i
Motherboard: Asus Z87-A
GPU: XFX Radeon 290X
post #3129 of 4039 (permalink) Old 10-11-2016, 03:38 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:

Every time i want to instal Intel usb 3.0 drivers i get this msg...And i tried 10 different drivers

http://prntscr.com/csovqb

And when i install Asmedia usb 3.0 driver...I see him in control panle...But i dont see him in device menager...Is that some bug?

If some one can help me finding and properly installing usb 3.0 dribers from mine MB i will be more than happy rolleyes.gif

Have you tried Snappy Driver Installer? https://sdi-tool.org/?lang=en
You can check only drivers that you want to update, no need to download all of them. It's the best tool for updating drivers that i've found.
post #3130 of 4039 (permalink) Old 10-11-2016, 09:58 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 95 (Unique: 53)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleChef View Post

https://rejzor.wordpress.com/2015/12/07/improve-network-performance-for-games/

Thoughts? thats alot of changes

They nearly got all of the right. This is not right however:
Quote:
Disable all features with “Offload” in the name

You definitely want Large Receive/Send and TCP Chimney Offload options disabled, but you want Offload IPv4/TCP/UDP Checksum options enabled (for transmit and receive, if your drivers breaks it up) if you're using Intel LAN on your motherboard or a PCIe/PCI network adapter.
Quote:
IPv4 Checksum Offload: Enables the adapter to compute the IPv4 checksum of packets instead of the host OS, which can help increase adapter performance while also reducing CPU utilization.

TCP Checksum Offload: Allows the adapter to compute the TCP checksum of outgoing packets rather than the host OS, which can help increase transmission performance while also reducing CPU utilization.

UDP Checksum Offload: Enables the adapter to compute the UDP checksum of outgoing packets instead of the host OS, which can help increase transmission performance while also reducing CPU utilization.

Trasmit/Receive Buffers don't work as simply as they think. Reducing them as low as possible like he suggests won't magically remove 'network delay'. First of all, buffer settings are very specific to their respective network adapter and driver, so ham-handedly giving recommendations for them is foolhardy. Nearly every network adapter I've ever personally used had practically 0 documentation on buffer settings, and the ones that did gave very stern warnings against changing them from the defaults and it was mainly something intended for networking professionals. Unless you can provide statistically significant data that proves changing these settings is an improvement for your specific situation, I would highly recommend against altering these from the default values.

Also, you have to setup your Windows environment to match the settings of your network adapter. I find TCP Optimizer to be the easiest way to do this. Here are my settings:

RCassDM.png

*Note: Intel Virtualization Technology must be enabled in the BIOS for NetDMA and Direct Cache Access to work.

sourceGL software
CS:GO and TF2 sensitivity - 1 @ 850DPI, 48.9cm per 360°
baby boy
(22 items)
CPU
Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4.8GHz - de-lidded (w/ ROCKIT COOL Copper IHS)
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK
GPU
EVGA GTX 980 Ti Classified @ 1532MHz core, 4192MHz memory
RAM
OCZ Reaper HPC 2GB [x4] @ 2400MHz, 8-12-8-28 1T
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 PRO 256GB [x2]
Optical Drive
Lite-On DL-8A4SH
Power Supply
EVGA Supernova PS 1000W
Cooling
Cooler Master Nepton 140XL [x2] (w/ EK-Vardar F3-140ER fans)
Cooling
Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut liquid metal thermal compound
Cooling
Fujipoly ModRight Extreme thermal pads
Case
SilverStone Fortress FT05B
Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (w/ NVIDIA Driver 399.24)
Monitor
BenQ XL2411Z 24" @ 144Hz
Keyboard
Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate (w/ MX Green modifiers and PBT keycaps)
Mouse
Logitech G900 - de-braided and de-battery'd (w/ Hotline Games Master feet)
Mousepad
Logitech G640 3mm
Audio
ASUS Xonar Essence STX II (w/ UNi modded driver)
Audio
beyerdynamic DT 880 PRO headphones (w/ AntLion ModMic 4.0)
Audio
Blue Sky eXo 160W 2.1 studio monitors
Other
Solarflare SFN6122F network adapter
Other
MikroTik RouterBoard RB751G-2HnD
Other
CyberPower 1350AVR UPS
▲ hide details ▲

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in