Gaming and mouse response BIOS optimization guide for modern PC hardware - Page 325 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Gaming and mouse response BIOS optimization guide for modern PC hardware

post #3241 of 4042 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 05:16 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by lio256 View Post

Have you any other pci devices not using MSI?

Tell me the ones I should try
http://i.imgur.com/rzVfcTf.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3242 of 4042 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 05:23 PM
Input Lag Galore

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)

How do I fix this?
post #3243 of 4042 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 02:53 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 7 (Unique: 6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivage View Post

Tell me the ones I should try
http://i.imgur.com/rzVfcTf.jpg
I would move all pci express root ports and NVidia graphics card. It also may be worth moving High Definition Audio Controllers and disable any controllers you are not using. You do seem to have at least one USB controller in MSI mode. Also, does running in performance mode make a difference to dpc latency?
Quote:
Originally Posted by emka View Post

How do I fix this?
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff544246(v=vs.85).aspx

As always when making changes to the registry backup your registry before making changes.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3244 of 4042 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 05:49 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:

I would move all pci express root ports and NVidia graphics card. It also may be worth moving High Definition Audio Controllers and disable any controllers you are not using. You do seem to have at least one USB controller in MSI mode. Also, does running in performance mode make a difference to dpc latency?

Like I said putting USB controllers in MSI won't work with my system. Number is still positive.
Also for some reason when I put my Graphics Card in MSI-mode, feels bad in-game and mouse movement is somehow different so I let it in normal irq mode.

I put these two in MSI-Mode last night. http://i.imgur.com/pI9mDoS.jpg
Played a few games on League and CS & it feels a lot more snappy and reponsive.

(I don't know if I should putting MSI mode on the other 2 pci express root ports since they already are on an iRQ of their own, it might not change anything but not sure.)
post #3245 of 4042 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 05:52 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 7 (Unique: 6)
Quote:

Like I said putting USB controllers in MSI won't work with my system. Number is still positive.
Also for some reason when I put my Graphics Card in MSI-mode, feels bad in-game and mouse movement is somehow different so I let it in normal irq mode.

I put these two in MSI-Mode last night. http://i.imgur.com/pI9mDoS.jpg
Played a few games on League and CS & it feels a lot more snappy and reponsive.

(I don't know if I should putting MSI mode on the other 2 pci express root ports since they already are on an iRQ of their own, it might not change anything but not sure.)
If MSI for USB root hub isn't supported then you should deselect it in that program you are using, as this could cause stability issues if it's set incorrectly in the registry. If your latency has improved then it's likely you've found the cause of your issues and don't need to further change anything.

post #3246 of 4042 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 06:18 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:

If MSI for USB root hub isn't supported then you should deselect it in that program you are using, as this could cause stability issues if it's set incorrectly in the registry. If your latency has improved then it's likely you've found the cause of your issues and don't need to further change anything.

That I did. Thank's for warning me again though.
post #3247 of 4042 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 08:11 AM
Input Lag Galore

Quote:
Originally Posted by lio256 
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff544246(v=vs.85).aspx

As always when making changes to the registry backup your registry before making changes.

Will this work if I do it this way? with msi_utli

post #3248 of 4042 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 02:24 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by emka View Post

Will this work if I do it this way? with msi_utli

Why not everything?
post #3249 of 4042 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 04:00 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtextrem View Post

Why not everything?

I don't think it's healthy for the system to have everything in MSI-mode, I might be wrong though. I heard audio controllers should never be put in MSI-mode aswell. Only SATA, Network, & USB Controllers. Graphics card is at your discretion. Not too sure about pci express roots though & other stuff.
post #3250 of 4042 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 11:41 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:

I don't think it's healthy for the system to have everything in MSI-mode, I might be wrong though. I heard audio controllers should never be put in MSI-mode aswell. Only SATA, Network, & USB Controllers. Graphics card is at your discretion. Not too sure about pci express roots though & other stuff.
I've put everything into MSI mode. I heard the same about audio controllers, however that might only be true for the (midly s**tty) on-board things from Realtek. Had no issues with the Creative driver in MSI mode so far.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in