Gaming and mouse response BIOS optimization guide for modern PC hardware - Page 418 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

Gaming and mouse response BIOS optimization guide for modern PC hardware

post #4171 of 4187 (permalink) Old 05-22-2020, 11:05 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 12 (Unique: 12)
Quote: Originally Posted by Timecard View Post
Intel thread was written by Ayman who wrote the Nvidia thread input lag is killing me.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce...e/?topicPage=1

JustNag didn't fix his problem, he's in my discord still working with us to solve the problem. Most changes are only temporary, always come back.
I am still testing, usually, when the issue repeated itself it would be after windows restart and shut down. for now a restart, games, youtube, or any of such didn't change the mouse after changing the voltages. We'll see how it goes 2-3 days, if it stays the same then it is one of the solutions, just think about it, no one ever goes too much or correct for everything, you only go for stress tests. what if the stress test isn't the whole picture?

CPU Dynamic +1.2000 voltage Offset
CPU SOC Dynamic +0.650 voltage offset
1.05 Voltage 1.060
1.05 SOC 1.067

LLC Both are Turbo, I wonder how the mouse will be when it's Normal

For now, I am using the
English Philippines
no LGS install and totally cleared/removed
HPET Enabled in bios
UseplatformTick Yes

And I messed with these registries

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Input\Settin gs\ControllerProcessor\CursorSpeed]
"CursorSensitivity"=dword:00000064
"CursorUpdateInterval"=dword:00000001
"IRRemoteNavigationDelta"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Multimedia\SystemProfile]
"NetworkThrottlingIndex"=dword:0000000a
"SystemResponsiveness"=dword:00000014
"AlwaysOn"=dword:00000001
"NoLazyMode"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Win dows\Psched]
"NonBestEffortLimit"=dword:00000000
"TimerResolution"=dword:00000001

RIGWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
CPU :AMD 1950X @ 3.7 Ghz 1.280
MOBO : Gigabyte X399 AORUS Gaming 7 (rev. 1.0)
RAM : G.SKILL Flare X Series 32GBx4 DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Model F4-3200C14D-16GFX)
GPU :INNO3D Nvidia GeForce GTX1080 8G D5 1759Mhz iChill X3
Sound Card For 5.1 Speakers : Asus Strix RAID DLX
Network Card : SolareFlare SFN6122F SFP+ 10Gbit Dual Port PCIEx4
PSU : ThermalTake 850Watt ToughPower
STORAGE
SanDisk Extreme PRO SSD 480Gb OS
WD Gold 6TB DataCenter 7200 128MB DATA/GAMEZ
Seagate 5TB Enterprise 7200 128MB (ST5000NM0024) DATA/GAMEZ
Samsung x2 1TB 7200 RAID0 GAMEZ
Segate 3TB Backup+ Desktop USB External BACKUP

GEAR and Sound
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
TV : LG OLED55C6 TV
Mouse : Logitech G502
Mouse Pad : SteelSeries I-2 Black
Keyboard : Corsair Gaming K70 RAPIDFIRE
GamePad : Xbox Elite Controller + Xbox Wireless Adapter
Headphones : Beyerdynamic DT990 600 Ohms
A...

Last edited by x7007; 05-22-2020 at 11:22 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4172 of 4187 (permalink) Old 05-23-2020, 08:00 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 176 (Unique: 115)
Kind of off-topic, but besides bad motherboards, I think my other #1 annoyance in life is LCD pulse width modulation. I once looked at a Nintendo 2ds and saw something resembling PWM that's not actually PWM. Does anyone know what the hell these screens are doing? PWM is typically perfectly aligned with the screen and these are diagnol:

Mouse Input Lag BIOS & Windows Optimization Guide
too many personal messages to reply to
post #4173 of 4187 (permalink) Old 05-23-2020, 12:27 PM
New to Overclock.net

It seems like the Voltage changes I made helped A LOT. today I came back to the computer started playing Star Wars BattleFront II DX12 in 3D using Reshade with HDR and the mouse is just fast and smooth like I am used to. Compared to before it happened in DESKTOP not just games. so the VOLTAGE helps a lot, that was strictly the last thing I made and it is consisted of many reboots.

I also played Heroes Of the Storm yesterday for 8 hours straight and there was no difference in the mouse at any time.

The big question is how much Voltage do we need? How do we test it for Input lag because it doesn't show us in the Stress Tests

RAM : G.SKILL Flare X Series 32GBx4 DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Model F4-3200C14D-16GFX)
STORAGE

GEAR and Sound
A...

Last edited by x7007; 05-24-2020 at 05:12 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4174 of 4187 (permalink) Old 05-23-2020, 07:26 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by r0ach View Post
I've never experienced any issue like that so I can't help you. Assuming it's not just plain old network packet loss, do you run anything like hyperthreading turned on and HPET off? Supposedly the reason they force enable HPET in some boards is to facilitate the sync of those extra HT threads. I always turn things like hyperthreading off, so it's not something that would affect me.
Hyper threading - OFF
HPET OFF IN BIOS ON IN WINDOWS. tested them a lot but cant feel big changes. with hpet off in bios and windows hitreg feels worse
post #4175 of 4187 (permalink) Old 05-24-2020, 05:52 AM
New to Overclock.net

I am also trying to test LLC Disabled/Normal instead of the Medium I used. to see if it has any effect. r0ach says it has affected and also the people on the Nvidia forums, can't find one at the moment. is it truly should be disabled or Medium?

Another thing to remember, if you have only one mouse, the mouse feet sometimes can screw things. sometimes need to push them or move them with the fingernail, the glue from the heat or other things affects it.

also, I think bad hit reg has a lot to do with the voltage. because it's pretty much related to how the cpu works overall. and if it affects the GPU and USB it affects everything else.

This is what I wrote in the discord to my tech friends.

ow listen why I think voltage is to do with mouse input lag.

it had being going for awhile before but this one just happen now.
most weird ass thing happen. I use my old 3770 computer for emulator android for Raid game. I didn't understand why would the game in the emulator would crash all the time after like 10 hrs or randomly. Ive found that after disabling Asus multicore enhancement it fixed that. it didn't crashed for whole 2 days or something. now suddenly the monitor turned off and the computer freezes. mouse didn't even get power for the sensor because its the Microsoft old mouse so if has red lightning underneath.

so i turned it off and on and it didn't turned on. I needed to switch power turn off on. it turned on and turned off again while it load windows.

voltage was auto all was auto core no overclock. c1e state and such all enabled turbo and eist.

cpu voltage was 1.100. after giving it extra 0.100 it works fine now no crash or anything. also gave a bit for vsaa and pch voltage.

now what happened usually when I turn computer off on the mouse would stutter to that, unplugging replug in it would work fine.

also before shutdown the wireless didn't want to connect it just couldn't connect and had 1 bar of reception. weird **** happens even without bsod
to get weird ass **** doesn't mean u need to see bsod. that's the whole point

also not enough voltage causing the Hdmi gpu not to work or detect. means voltage needs to be steady all the time or the gpu won't work properly means mouse would have input lag. all makes sense
randomly I save the bios settings changing only cpu voltage and llc calibration and also the global c state and cool and quiet but just by saving it caused not booting with 94 which means display not detected
also I think it caused me the stuttering the llc I am almost 100% sure
voltage is the most terrible thing exist :tired_face:
can screw every single thing and people will never even think about ****. EVEN WITHOUT BSOD AT ALL I had issues voltage related! it doesn't have to be Heat, stability or bios setting!

It all started having weird issue on my Desktop I7 3770K which always crashed using BlueStacks emulator for RAID game. the last thing break the nail was the computer lost display and I needed to switch psu off/on to get it back on and then it won't load windows. The computer is not overclocked since I used it as emulator only. All was default expect C1E and all the power savings. IT STILL CRASHED without any of them ON. after changing Cpu voltage from AUTO to offset +1.100 it doesn't crash anymore. Also like I said, I had weird mouse movement or USB not working at all randomly when I turned off computer and turned on. WEIRD ISSUES because of voltage. NEVER HAD BSOD since I just got the voltage right, but not ENOUGH

Also Something to do with Windows Spotlight, I think that's what could cause the weird "input lag" when using the English United States.

I've found something interesting.

When using any other language than ENGLISH United States BING WON'T SHOW THE "What you Like"

As soon I changed from say English Philippines and removing C:\Users\X7007\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Wi ndows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\Setting s\Settings.Dat file, as soon I change from Spotlight to Picture and back to spotlight and Lock the screen the picture changed and the What you like came back.

So it's something with the Languages. if you use other languages it could maybe not support something from the Bing servers.

Also for some reason I fixed the issue I had with weird BLCK which was 96 or 98 and now it's steady 99.9-100mhz. I think it's the LLC doing. because I tried Global C State, Cool&Quiet and all other saving things.
Attached Images

STORAGE

GEAR and Sound
A...

Last edited by x7007; 05-24-2020 at 07:50 PM.
post #4176 of 4187 (permalink) Old 05-25-2020, 07:45 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 4)
Quote: Originally Posted by CrucialNUG View Post
Cool video but these greenwaves detectors are far from definitive proof of anything. Only people that have experienced this problem first hand will believe it. The proper measurement test will be a spectrum analyzer or an oscilloscope. We would then need to track the source of interference or fix the return path (grounding) for it. This is not an easy task. The second video you link to is not very informative at all, the interference that is messing with our PCs is likely not from a noisy circuit or any basic appliances and wiring in your home.
That maybe but you have to admit, not everyone has the same problems on an individual basis. Either way what Nawafwabs posted is really really important. I've always known us input lag chasers are doing something special and this path will someday lead us to find the secrets of the universe. What Nawa posted affects more than just electronic devices but human brains as well. This may be one of the leading causes of certain cancers and autism as we know it.

Quote: Originally Posted by Nawafwabs View Post
Look at this video maybe help you

https://youtu.be/kf2CLsr-uMs
So which light bulbs should I be using.

Here's some new observations that have evidence to boot, if you missed it in the other section, see links below. Applies to all versions of windows at least from win7 to win10 1909, and both realtek and intel nics. Hint NetworkThrottleIndex ON significantly reduces network (NDIS) processing latency then a few other changes/observations which gave it added reduction of dpc latency, maybe people will stop disabling it unless they can prove better performance otherwise with other settings.

I'd also suggest setting NetworkThrottleIndex to 15 or 20 to increase throughput a little more than 10 (default value) which limits you to roughly ~15MB/s.

Network Packet Scheduler Timer Resolution (different than system resolution)
https://www.overclock.net/forum/1804...esolution.html

Reducing ISR DPC Processing Times for Network Adapters
https://www.overclock.net/forum/1804...-adapters.html

To note NetworkThrottleIndex isn't controlled by MMCSS, and you will still see the benefits for those paranoid about MMCSS who disable it. Melody mentioned this and I confirmed last weekend, ndis dpc measurments were the same when NetworkThrottleIndex was set/enabled and MMCSS driver disabled/not loaded in the kernel.

Here's my script used to simplify measuring dpc/isr, you need xperf from the performance analyzer suite included in Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (ADK).
https://github.com/djdallmann/Gaming...perfdpcisr.ps1
I think this can be a real game changer. However I do not understand how to do any of it, but I just did:

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

ipconfig /flushdns

and it improved my hit registration by 50% Like I was able to hit shots I would not have before. I always knew I had hit registration errors, but I just blamed it on input lag and game engine accuracy. Getting closer. This is a massive difference for sure.

Input-Lagpilled Current Rig FX-8320/50, MSI 390/XFX 270, Corsair Vengeance 16gb 2400mhz, EVGA BQ 750w. You'll find me on the OG input lag thread.https://www.overclock.net/forum/6-in...l#post28260384

Or at r/AMD https://community.amd.com/message/29...ZLWotL_8b8hvA8 or Twitch https://www.twitch.tv/ramenrider/
post #4177 of 4187 (permalink) Old 05-25-2020, 09:42 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 32 (Unique: 20)
Sooo did you do my changes or did you only renew your DHCP lease and flush your local dns cache?
post #4178 of 4187 (permalink) Old 05-26-2020, 03:23 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 4)
Sooo did you do my changes or did you only renew your DHCP lease and flush your local dns cache?
That was just me doing those ipconfig commands. But I am trying your stuff right now.

>[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Win dows\Psched]
>"TimerResolution"=dword:00000001

My Network Timer Resolution was already at 1. So I didn't change anything. And for your other thread "Reducing ISR DPC Processing Times" I cannot currently use RSS functions on my FX build but I will try it out on my new 3900x build later on.

However I found this blog that shows how you can set RSS Queues above 2.
http://n1kobg.blogspot.com/2018/04/i...indows-10.html

Other things I'm looking at:

* This network optimization guide. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=727946014

* This latency thread about RSS https://techreport.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=73030

* Another general OS tweaking guide. https://github.com/CHEF-KOCH/GamingT...weaking-advice

The ipconfig stuff I did was a pretty big change, I didn't know my hit reg problems were that bad. Although I still need to fix my OS problems.

Input-Lagpilled Current Rig FX-8320/50, MSI 390/XFX 270, Corsair Vengeance 16gb 2400mhz, EVGA BQ 750w. You'll find me on the OG input lag thread.https://www.overclock.net/forum/6-in...l#post28260384

Or at r/AMD https://community.amd.com/message/29...ZLWotL_8b8hvA8 or Twitch https://www.twitch.tv/ramenrider/
post #4179 of 4187 (permalink) Old 05-26-2020, 07:15 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Still strugling with huge mouse input lag, tryed many things I read here, still the same. In the past I got huge benefits from this thread but since new pc its being hard. Im a PC noob, many things done here I cant replicate...

Why dont you guys, at least the ones better prepaired, start a service where we ship our pcs to you and you charge some money?
post #4180 of 4187 (permalink) Old 05-26-2020, 08:54 AM
New to Overclock.net

Does no one want to test the CPU Voltages, CPU SOC 1.05, 1.05 SOC and LLC Normal/Disabled For me it fixed the issues + The Bus speed

Also use Sfc /Scannow in CMD

I just give you the solution. that's the only thing new computer had which everyone started having with better and faster gpus/cpus, they need more voltages. I also fixed with only CPU Voltage the I7 3770K which started having issues. I mean the solution is right in front of you. whether you listen or not, I gave you what you should check if nothing else helped.

For me, AMD 1950x CPU was Stress test perfect 100% no BSOD or anything EVER. but I had the input lag. as soon I changed the settings with Voltages, even before LLC which was still Turbo, I had perfect mouse movement. I just needed more voltages for each one of the ones I said above, nothing else.

It could also fix Network and Hit Reg issues. also Ipconfig /release /renew /flushdns doesn't really do anything for gaming. it is only when you change DNS Servers or different Router/ISP. nothing else it does really. you connect to gaming servers using IP's so the DNS Server doesn't even work when you do that.

STORAGE

GEAR and Sound
A...

Last edited by x7007; 05-26-2020 at 08:59 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in