[Official] Asus Rampage IV Black Edition Owners Club! - Page 1539 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] Asus Rampage IV Black Edition Owners Club!

post #15381 of 15567 (permalink) Old 01-13-2019, 02:37 PM
Windows 10 Gamer

Rep: 45 (Unique: 37)
Quote: Originally Posted by skupples View Post
Fluid can most definitely evaporate out over time as well.

The one leak I ever had was so minor that I could only find it once putting a little pressure on the system. It was coming out between the sunk in thread and the radiator itself on a MonstA
Yeah I figure evaporation but why only in the H140 and not any in the H240-X? They are Swiftech AIO's BTW.

So I am back to OCing and these are my settings.
I can hit 4.4 ghz stable the last time I tried but dropped it down to 4.2ghz for daily use.

CPU Spread Spectrum: Disabled
PCIE Spread Spectrum: Disabled
CPU Load Line Calibration: High
CPU Current Capability: 170%
VCCSA Load Line Calibration: High
VCCSA Current Capability: 170%
CPU VCore: 1.3
Core Ration Limit: 42 (All Cores synced)

Any suggestions on other things I should change or maybe add?

The Dark Knight
(25 items)
CPU
i7 4930k
Motherboard
ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed
GPU
EVGA GTX 1070 SC ACX 3.0
RAM
G.Skill Trident X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-2133
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro
Hard Drive
Western Digital BLACK SERIES 7200RPM
Hard Drive
San Disk Ultra II
Hard Drive
Seagate 4TB Gaming SSHD
Optical Drive
LG Blu Ray 16x Multi Disc
Power Supply
EVGA G2 1000w Gold Plus
Cooling
Swiftech H 240-X
Cooling
Watercool Heatkiller IV Pro Clean Acrylic
Cooling
Swiftech H 140-X
Cooling
Watercool Heatkiller IV Pro Nickel/Black 1070
Case
Phantom 820 Black
Operating System
MS Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Vizio 24" 1080p TV
Monitor
AOC G2460PG 24" 1ms (GTG) 144 Hz Gaming Monitor, NVIDIA G-SYNC
Keyboard
Corsair K95 RGB
Mouse
Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Mouse
None
Audio
Sound Blaster Zx
Audio
Logitech z906 5.1 surround speaker system
Other
NZXT Hue+
Other
NZXT Grid+ V2
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #15382 of 15567 (permalink) Old 01-13-2019, 04:20 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
With that kind of cooling you should be able to push more voltage (I have the same setup), allowing you to clock higher, just remember to stay under 1.4v as your limit. I use realbench to test stability and temps, P95 seems to add an unrealistic load to the CPU that ive never seen replicated anywhere in real programs used.

Main Rig - Intel E5 1660 V2 @ 4.8 || ASUS RIVBE || H240X+140 Loop || 16GB Ballistix Elite @ 2133 9-9-9-27 || Vega64 || LG 34UM88-C || Corsair 760T || Corsair AX1200i || 2TB Micron SSD
HTPC - AMD 2200G @ 3.9/1600 || Asrock AB350 ITX || Cryorig H7 || 16GB TridentX @ 3333 14-14-14-28 || Fractal Node 500
Oldschool - Opteron 170 @ 2.8 || DFI NF4 Ultra-D || TR XP-90 || 4GB Ballistix || ATI X850 Pro || WD Raptor 150
post #15383 of 15567 (permalink) Old 01-13-2019, 04:41 PM
Windows 10 Gamer

Quote: Originally Posted by psyclist View Post
With that kind of cooling you should be able to push more voltage (I have the same setup), allowing you to clock higher, just remember to stay under 1.4v as your limit. I use realbench to test stability and temps, P95 seems to add an unrealistic load to the CPU that ive never seen replicated anywhere in real programs used.
I Originally tried 4.5 at up to 1.42 but it still was not stable enough to run stress tests for longer than 5 mins. I am stable at 1.3v for up to 4.4ghz, but anything higher is a no go.

The Dark Knight
(25 items)
CPU
i7 4930k
Motherboard
ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed
GPU
EVGA GTX 1070 SC ACX 3.0
RAM
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro
Hard Drive
Hard Drive
San Disk Ultra II
Hard Drive
Seagate 4TB Gaming SSHD
Optical Drive
Power Supply
EVGA G2 1000w Gold Plus
Cooling
Swiftech H 240-X
Cooling
Cooling
Swiftech H 140-X
Cooling
Case
Phantom 820 Black
Operating System
MS Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Vizio 24" 1080p TV
Monitor
Keyboard
Corsair K95 RGB
Mouse
Mouse
None
Audio
Sound Blaster Zx
Audio
Other
NZXT Hue+
Other
NZXT Grid+ V2
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #15384 of 15567 (permalink) Old 01-13-2019, 04:53 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 526 (Unique: 297)
I settled at 2133 4.5 on my 493 core would go higher but only at lower mem speeds.
post #15385 of 15567 (permalink) Old 01-13-2019, 06:18 PM
Maximum_Unleashed

Rep: 500 (Unique: 265)
@Madmaxneo there are many ways to approach this but I found that doing all of the CPU overclocking while @ 1333Mhz memory can help you dial in what the CPU is capable of without memory instability getting in the way. After you are happy with the CPU overclock (stable over a few days) then save the profile as testing point and you can start to raise the memory speeds. Of course after raising memory speeds it doesn't mean you won't have to touch the CPU settings again but it can still be helpful to initially isolate memory related issues from CPU related issues as a baseline and know your CPU only limits first.

FWIW, my procedure to test stability is pretty quick and easy... it is 95%, not 100% but it is fast and pretty reliable for me. My reasons are to save as much time as I can because IMO there's no "test" that will prove to me that my PC is stable... running Prime95 overnight isn't proving anything and just beats the crap out of a CPU. What proves stability to me is simply not having issues with what I do, over an extended period time.. All I really wanted was some reliable methods to quickly test to let me know that further testing over longer periods isn't a waste of time.

To do this I:
(1) First and always first I run Cinebench R15.. This test is pretty quick and I find it to be very sensitive to unstable overclocks. If you cannot pass this test there is obviously no point going further, time to further tweak. I can't tell you how many times my unstable overclock appeared stable... but would fail this test every time consistently. I have a lot of confidence when using this as my "Quick N Dirty" GO-TO test.

(2) Next, I use the AIDA64 System Stability test. I choose all checkboxes except local disks. This is because I don't want to take the chance of corrupt files and usually I/O workload is offloaded from the CPU anyway. It creates a nice demanding workload on everything and allows me to monitor temps at the same time. I let it run for about 10minutes.. that's it... if temps are fine and nothing crashes within 10minutes I will consider the overclock stable enough to just start testing it over time... doing the things that I do (mostly gaming)... no need to waste any more precious time just go for it and see how it works. Playing GTA V can be a pretty good stability test.

GL!

GIGABYTE GTX 9xx G1 GAMING BIOS Tweaking
  ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=༼ຈل͜ຈ༽=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿  
░▒▓│ FORKAY‼ «  » WΘΘT ‼ │▓▒░
Xeon E5-1680 V2 (IVY-E) Inside

post #15386 of 15567 (permalink) Old 01-13-2019, 06:30 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 526 (Unique: 297)
Agreed. Ima gamer. Bench stability means little, but I’m conditioned to at least run cine’s CPU & GPU when I first get in, which is funny as modern ASUS boards use it as a tool to dial in their auto-OC, which is a much better tool than it use to be. I usually start with what it sets me it, then go from there. Up/Down, clocks/volts.
post #15387 of 15567 (permalink) Old 01-26-2019, 07:38 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 1)
Hello All

Been a while since I set up my 512GB Samsung Pro m.2 drive as a boot drive on my board and since i received assistance here its been working fine.

In the last 2 weeks i have had a problem which has me stumped so will post here and see if i can get any feedback.

Basically my 2 monitors lose signal - get black screens then the PC locks up. Need to do a hard shutdown. The PC boots up normally everything runs fine till same thing happens again.

When i am gaming and using Team Speak Software I get speaker distortion prior to the Monitors losing signal - going black then PC locks up. Sometimes i get the screens blacking out then turning on again - mainly just the once but also a few times

I initially reinstalled Win 10 on the m.2 drive and fresh installed all the drivers. My initial thoughts was the GTX 980 I have maybe faulty so swapped it for the other one i have. ( I run 2 x in SLI) but same problem.

I thought it may be faulty GPU slot so took both cards out and installed one in Slot 2 only but same problem.

I dont think its a driver issue - and if it was I wouldnt know which one is causing the issue ? maybe a recent windows update that is causing conflict but wouldnt know which one it would be ?

Do i use the latest NVIDIA drivers or the last version on the ASUS site ? I wouldnt think this would matter ?.

I have 2 further options to try but would like feedback - Could the m.2 drive have issues with it and can you test the drive to find out anything ? Because of the sound distortions i get could the onboard Sound controller be casuing the PC to lockup ?- Could i disable the onbaord sound in BIOS and throw in a Sound Card to test this possibilty ?

2 other things would like to ask here

Whats the best way to do a fresh reinstall Windows 10 on a m.2 drive ?

I also get Nvidia Control Panel always coming up with regular messages to say G-sync monitor has connected - I would have thought that once its connected you dont have to be told again ?

Also I have 2 x Asus 27 inch monitors which are G- sync but cant seem to set both up to run at 144hz - Only seem to get 1 at 144hz and 2nd one at 60hz - Run them both of the ASUS GTX 980 Matrix card

Any help would be much appreciated

Cheers

smrdel
post #15388 of 15567 (permalink) Old 01-26-2019, 08:53 PM
Windows 10 Gamer

Quote: Originally Posted by smrdel View Post
Hello All

Been a while since I set up my 512GB Samsung Pro m.2 drive as a boot drive on my board and since i received assistance here its been working fine.

In the last 2 weeks i have had a problem which has me stumped so will post here and see if i can get any feedback.

Basically my 2 monitors lose signal - get black screens then the PC locks up. Need to do a hard shutdown. The PC boots up normally everything runs fine till same thing happens again.

Spoiler!

smrdel
I have the same exact issue with my screens turning black as my system freezes up. I do not have the same exact hardware but I can tell you I have had this issue for like 2 years now, through 3 different video cards, and even after I installed my NVME drive with a fresh install of windows (6 months ago?).
After all the hours upon hours of total troubleshooting I've done and the changing of hardware I am convinced this is an issue with the board in some way.

One thing I have thought is it may be an issue with the board overheating in certain spots, but I get no indication whatsoever of anything like that.

Like you, I am stumped on this.

The Dark Knight
(25 items)
CPU
i7 4930k
Motherboard
ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed
GPU
EVGA GTX 1070 SC ACX 3.0
RAM
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro
Hard Drive
Hard Drive
San Disk Ultra II
Hard Drive
Seagate 4TB Gaming SSHD
Optical Drive
Power Supply
EVGA G2 1000w Gold Plus
Cooling
Swiftech H 240-X
Cooling
Cooling
Swiftech H 140-X
Cooling
Case
Phantom 820 Black
Operating System
MS Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Vizio 24" 1080p TV
Monitor
Keyboard
Corsair K95 RGB
Mouse
Mouse
None
Audio
Sound Blaster Zx
Audio
Other
NZXT Hue+
Other
NZXT Grid+ V2
▲ hide details ▲
post #15389 of 15567 (permalink) Old 01-26-2019, 09:19 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by Madmaxneo View Post
I have the same exact issue with my screens turning black as my system freezes up. I do not have the same exact hardware but I can tell you I have had this issue for like 2 years now, through 3 different video cards, and even after I installed my NVME drive with a fresh install of windows (6 months ago?).
After all the hours upon hours of total troubleshooting I've done and the changing of hardware I am convinced this is an issue with the board in some way.

One thing I have thought is it may be an issue with the board overheating in certain spots, but I get no indication whatsoever of anything like that.

Like you, I am stumped on this.
This has just been recent occurance for me.....

So have you tried Sound Card option and disabling onboard sound in bios ?

Is it possible to test a m.2 drive ?
post #15390 of 15567 (permalink) Old 01-26-2019, 09:28 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by smrdel View Post
Hello All

When i am gaming and using Team Speak Software I get speaker distortion prior to the Monitors losing signal - going black then PC locks up. Sometimes i get the screens blacking out then turning on again - mainly just the once but also a few times

I initially reinstalled Win 10 on the m.2 drive and fresh installed all the drivers. My initial thoughts was the GTX 980 I have maybe faulty so swapped it for the other one i have. ( I run 2 x in SLI) but same problem.

I thought it may be faulty GPU slot so took both cards out and installed one in Slot 2 only but same problem.

I dont think its a driver issue - and if it was I wouldnt know which one is causing the issue ? maybe a recent windows update that is causing conflict but wouldnt know which one it would be ?

Do i use the latest NVIDIA drivers or the last version on the ASUS site ? I wouldnt think this would matter ?.

I have 2 further options to try but would like feedback - Could the m.2 drive have issues with it and can you test the drive to find out anything ? Because of the sound distortions i get could the onboard Sound controller be casuing the PC to lockup ?- Could i disable the onbaord sound in BIOS and throw in a Sound Card to test this possibilty ?

2 other things would like to ask here

Whats the best way to do a fresh reinstall Windows 10 on a m.2 drive ?

I also get Nvidia Control Panel always coming up with regular messages to say G-sync monitor has connected - I would have thought that once its connected you dont have to be told again ?

Also I have 2 x Asus 27 inch monitors which are G- sync but cant seem to set both up to run at 144hz - Only seem to get 1 at 144hz and 2nd one at 60hz - Run them both of the ASUS GTX 980 Matrix card

Any help would be much appreciated

Cheers

smrdel
Is there anything in the event viewer that indicates the nVidia driver is crashing? I had a similar problem where my screens would blank out and sometimes they'd come back if I gave it enough time. In Event Viewer it would say the nVidia driver has crashed but recovered. But I also found out one of my memory modules was failing. Once I replaced the memory module everything seems to be OK. But definitely check if there's anything in Event Viewer.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in