[Official] Asus Rampage IV Black Edition Owners Club! - Page 1546 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] Asus Rampage IV Black Edition Owners Club!

post #15451 of 15620 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 04:43 PM
Maximum_Unleashed

Rep: 501 (Unique: 266)
Quote: Originally Posted by ProfeZZor X View Post
I've had my Rosewill Lightning 1200w PSU since 2014, and I've had nothing but problems. Sure the multi-colored modular unit looks good, but despite it's great review by some websites, it's not all that reliable. I've almost fried my motherboard a few times, because of the multiple restarts it's done. I actually did fry two external mechanical drives because of that problem, which had all of my kid's baby pictures. Call it laziness, but it would be more of a pain in the ass to remove it than to just leave it in and deal with the daily reposting. One thing I can tell you is that I'll NEVER get another Rosewill again. Once I start my new build soon, I'll finally swap it out for something more reliable.
The one and only Rosewill PSU I bought blew up on me... less than a year of use. Rosewill is earning a pretty bad reputation...

Spoiler!

GIGABYTE GTX 9xx G1 GAMING BIOS Tweaking
  ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=༼ຈل͜ຈ༽=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿  
░▒▓│ FORKAY‼ «  » WΘΘT ‼ │▓▒░
Xeon E5-1680 V2 (IVY-E) Inside

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #15452 of 15620 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 06:32 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 88 (Unique: 76)
Anybody wanna help me OC my 4930k?

My thirst needs quenching.

post #15453 of 15620 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 04:30 PM
Windows 10 Gamer

Rep: 45 (Unique: 37)
Quote: Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
Anybody wanna help me OC my 4930k?
Here is probably one of the best guides I've seen so far online that explains all the settings and what may be best for OCing. I say "what may be" because not all CPUs are created equal.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...r-Overclocking
In that guide there two essential settings that most definitely need to change for OCing, make sure you disable both the PCIe and CPU Spread Spectrum settings.
Read through all the stuff in there and come back with questions and I can help a little (others could probably help more). But it really comes down to trial and error in finding the best settings for your system.

The Dark Knight
(25 items)
CPU
i7 4930k
Motherboard
ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed
GPU
EVGA GTX 1070 SC ACX 3.0
RAM
G.Skill Trident X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-2133
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro
Hard Drive
Western Digital BLACK SERIES 7200RPM
Hard Drive
San Disk Ultra II
Hard Drive
Seagate 4TB Gaming SSHD
Optical Drive
LG Blu Ray 16x Multi Disc
Power Supply
EVGA G2 1000w Gold Plus
Cooling
Swiftech H 240-X
Cooling
Watercool Heatkiller IV Pro Clean Acrylic
Cooling
Swiftech H 140-X
Cooling
Watercool Heatkiller IV Pro Nickel/Black 1070
Case
Phantom 820 Black
Operating System
MS Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Vizio 24" 1080p TV
Monitor
AOC G2460PG 24" 1ms (GTG) 144 Hz Gaming Monitor, NVIDIA G-SYNC
Keyboard
Corsair K95 RGB
Mouse
Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Mouse
None
Audio
Sound Blaster Zx
Audio
Logitech z906 5.1 surround speaker system
Other
NZXT Hue+
Other
NZXT Grid+ V2
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #15454 of 15620 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 05:48 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 88 (Unique: 76)
Thanks. So far good at 4.2ghz.

My thirst needs quenching.

post #15455 of 15620 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 07:56 PM
Windows 10 Gamer

Quote: Originally Posted by smrdel View Post
It looks like swapping the 4 x 8GB RAM chips i have into the black colored slots wont work - may have to individually test them by starting with 1 RAM chip then adding or replacing it and see if problem persists

Down to 8GB RAM and things seem to be a bit quicker............
Did you have any progress in eliminating the system freezes?

The Dark Knight
(25 items)
CPU
i7 4930k
Motherboard
ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed
GPU
EVGA GTX 1070 SC ACX 3.0
RAM
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro
Hard Drive
Hard Drive
San Disk Ultra II
Hard Drive
Seagate 4TB Gaming SSHD
Optical Drive
Power Supply
EVGA G2 1000w Gold Plus
Cooling
Swiftech H 240-X
Cooling
Cooling
Swiftech H 140-X
Cooling
Case
Phantom 820 Black
Operating System
MS Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Vizio 24" 1080p TV
Monitor
Keyboard
Corsair K95 RGB
Mouse
Mouse
None
Audio
Sound Blaster Zx
Audio
Other
NZXT Hue+
Other
NZXT Grid+ V2
▲ hide details ▲
post #15456 of 15620 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 02:31 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by smrdel View Post
Hello All

Been a while since I set up my 512GB Samsung Pro m.2 drive as a boot drive on my board and since i received assistance here its been working fine.

In the last 2 weeks i have had a problem which has me stumped so will post here and see if i can get any feedback.

Basically my 2 monitors lose signal - get black screens then the PC locks up. Need to do a hard shutdown. The PC boots up normally everything runs fine till same thing happens again.

When i am gaming and using Team Speak Software I get speaker distortion prior to the Monitors losing signal - going black then PC locks up. Sometimes i get the screens blacking out then turning on again - mainly just the once but also a few times

Cheers

smrdel
Hi there,
I was facing the same issue for some times here after updating bios and OS (win10 with the last cpu microcode).

After a lot of searching it seems like is an issue of some Asus board with nvidia driver and corsair link if used together.
After update my geforce driver and close corsair link definitely now it seems like everything is working fine.

Hope this can help.

Last edited by Mathias; 03-27-2019 at 04:28 AM.
post #15457 of 15620 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 04:20 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Hello everyone,
as someone in this 3d already did, I also try the Xeon E5-1680 v2 cpu as last chance to extend the life of my RIVBE (since I alredy have 64Gb of ram and a 950 nvme over pciex adaptor).

So, for me, thinking in the prospective of a five-years-old system and a six-generation-old cpu, the results are quite impressive.
I bought my cpu on ebay for around $300 (used, obviously), and I think it's still a bestbuy for this price.

Mine maybe is not one of the luckier, but it can do:
4.2ghz 1.15v vcore, 1.0v VTT, 1.0v VCCSA
4.3ghz 1.2v vcore, 1.0v VTT, 1.0v VCCSA
4.4ghz 1.27v vcore, 1.0v VTT, 1.05v VCCSA
4.5ghz 1.35v vcore, 1.0v VTT, 1.075v VCCSA

paired with 8x8gb @ 2186Mhz 9-10-10-31 CR2 @ 1.62v DDR3

I think it can reach also 4.6ghz but with a too high voltage for a daily use (with my corsair H110).
Moreover, with only 4 bank of ram populated (8x4), the IMC is even more performing and I can push the ram to 2200Mhz 9-9-9-27 CR1 1.62v that is a real nice result for a kit originally designed to work @ 1600 8-8-8-24 CR2 1.35v

I think that without the lack of AVX extensions, this Xeon will be head-to-head with all the new 8c/16t cpu at same frequency (maybe with a max 15-20% gap compared to the last 8th and 9th intel series).
So mission accomplished. I hope that this system could last for another 2-3 years before going for a 16c/32t or even something more.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cb15.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	261674  

Name:	A64_4.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	807.4 KB
ID:	261676  

Name:	A64_3.jpg
Size:	901.9 KB
ID:	261678  

Name:	A64_2.jpg
Size:	527.0 KB
ID:	261680  

Name:	A64_1.jpg
Size:	279.4 KB
ID:	261682  

Last edited by Mathias; 03-27-2019 at 04:28 AM.
post #15458 of 15620 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 06:15 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 10 (Unique: 10)
Battery

I have been reading all day about the R4BE (this forum) because I have trouble too. Nobody ever found out why these strange events are occurring on this motherboard. Anybody ever tried replacing the battery? You know, the 3 volt (CR2032) bios battery?
I have had 2 PC’s with weird/strange things happening and we all start replacing everything, including me, twice! Almost bought another R4BE from eBay...from CHINA! dont do that.
Replace your $1 battery first. Then dry out your Mobo and use colored coolant to see those drips easier.
The SATA cables is a great idea and they do go bad. The caps do go bad but usually after 10 years for the non-Japanese type.
I guess everyone gave up on the R4BE and upgraded, sorry I was too late.
I did replace the PSU because the 12v was not steady, still is not!
Bought coolant flush and took several days flushing the system plus weird fat on the inside cap of the reservoir and added Mayhem coolant. Replaced CPU with my spare (3 times), did the Sata cable, inspected the cpu socket pins (really hard), replaced my video card with a spare, and then the battery. Of course the last try is the fix after spending weeks and $$.

Last edited by inlandchris; 03-27-2019 at 06:23 AM. Reason: Addendum
post #15459 of 15620 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 07:20 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 552 (Unique: 313)
I just rebuilt mine into a new case so I could stuff new stuff in my CL. I however never really ran into many game breaking issues with mine. I plan to keep it trucking for as long as it runs. It's the pinnacle board of a generation if you got a good sample

I did exactly that. I replaced the battery, & all my SATA cables, & cleaned the heads/ports on PSU n fan cables w/ 90% alcohol.

R.I.P. Zawarudo, may you OC angels' wings in heaven.
If something appears too good to be true, it probably is.
post #15460 of 15620 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 05:16 PM
Windows 10 Gamer

Quote: Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Hi there,
I was facing the same issue for some times here after updating bios and OS (win10 with the last cpu microcode).

After a lot of searching it seems like is an issue of some Asus board with nvidia driver and corsair link if used together.
After update my geforce driver and close corsair link definitely now it seems like everything is working fine.

Hope this can help.
I don't have nor have I ever used Corsair link. But I do have the iCue software for my K95 keyboard. I wonder if that could be causing the issue.
Quote: Originally Posted by inlandchris View Post
I have been reading all day about the R4BE (this forum) because I have trouble too. Nobody ever found out why these strange events are occurring on this motherboard. Anybody ever tried replacing the battery? You know, the 3 volt (CR2032) bios battery?
I have had 2 PC’s with weird/strange things happening and we all start replacing everything, including me, twice! Almost bought another R4BE from eBay...from CHINA! dont do that.
Replace your $1 battery first. Then dry out your Mobo and use colored coolant to see those drips easier.
The SATA cables is a great idea and they do go bad. The caps do go bad but usually after 10 years for the non-Japanese type.
I guess everyone gave up on the R4BE and upgraded, sorry I was too late.
I did replace the PSU because the 12v was not steady, still is not!
Bought coolant flush and took several days flushing the system plus weird fat on the inside cap of the reservoir and added Mayhem coolant. Replaced CPU with my spare (3 times), did the Sata cable, inspected the cpu socket pins (really hard), replaced my video card with a spare, and then the battery. Of course the last try is the fix after spending weeks and $$.
I will try replacing the battery. I hadn't thought of this.....
Quote: Originally Posted by skupples View Post
I just rebuilt mine into a new case so I could stuff new stuff in my CL. I however never really ran into many game breaking issues with mine. I plan to keep it trucking for as long as it runs. It's the pinnacle board of a generation if you got a good sample

I did exactly that. I replaced the battery, & all my SATA cables, & cleaned the heads/ports on PSU n fan cables w/ 90% alcohol.
You never experienced the black screens and system freezes? What video card are you using?

The Dark Knight
(25 items)
CPU
i7 4930k
Motherboard
ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed
GPU
EVGA GTX 1070 SC ACX 3.0
RAM
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro
Hard Drive
Hard Drive
San Disk Ultra II
Hard Drive
Seagate 4TB Gaming SSHD
Optical Drive
Power Supply
EVGA G2 1000w Gold Plus
Cooling
Swiftech H 240-X
Cooling
Cooling
Swiftech H 140-X
Cooling
Case
Phantom 820 Black
Operating System
MS Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Vizio 24" 1080p TV
Monitor
Keyboard
Corsair K95 RGB
Mouse
Mouse
None
Audio
Sound Blaster Zx
Audio
Other
NZXT Hue+
Other
NZXT Grid+ V2
▲ hide details ▲

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in