Gigabyte Z97X Discussion, Help, and Owners Club(SOC and Gaming Editions also included) - Page 250 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Gigabyte Z97X Discussion, Help, and Owners Club(SOC and Gaming Editions also included)

post #2491 of 2505 (permalink) Old 10-31-2016, 05:33 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Hey guys, new to the forum. For a long time I've been having an issue that seems very strange to me, but I've lived with it. Just wondering if anyone can help shed some light on it.

So, sometimes when I start my pc, I'll get 1 short beep - everything is usually good to go and starts without fault (runs absolutely fine too). Other times, 2 short beeps - fans kick in, monitor stays black and nothing happens so I have to power off and on until it works again. Sometimes I get 2 short beeps and it DOES power up and run, but everything is super slow, so I have to restart until I get 1 beep. Occasionally I get no beeps, no power, but still fans kick in etc.

Also I've just tried overclocking my cpu and gpu, everything seems to run smoothly, no crashes, temps <70c, but upon startup I get a new sounding beep before the normal beeps, everything still works though. What's this?

To clarify, I've replaced various parts recently to solve the issue (PSU, RAM, Rebuilt whole PC into new case) but to no avail.

Any help is very much appreciated!

(Rig is in signature)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2492 of 2505 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 08:56 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 260 (Unique: 209)
Wondered if someone maybe has experienced this, can help me out.

about once a week, I will be gaming and everything will freeze, my communications prog somehow keeps working but the game and desktop is completely hard locked. Eventually followed by a glitchy sound, a screen of Green and then a very fast blue screen/crash.

The odd part is upon rebooting my system, my main SSD OS Drive cannot be located.

I am currently only running 2 Drives, a single SSD and a single 1tb HDD. The HDD never seems to have issue, but when this happen, I will need to unplug PSU, hold power for 10 sec and then reboots just fine (after re selecting my boot drive of course).

So wondering if anyone knows of this issue, maybe I missed something, My wife was the one that went through OS optimizations from Sean Websters write up, so not sure if we missed something critical.

Any assistance is appreciated.

System in question

Z97X_Gaming7, 4690k, 2x8GB Crucial LP and using Crucial MX100 256gb SSD.

*R.I.P Syrillian, May your Words and Actions Live forever!*
†he cu|†
(13 items)
CPU
Opty 165 CCBBE @ 300fsb
Motherboard
DFI LanP UT SLI-DR
GPU
eVGA 8800gts 640mb
RAM
2x1gb Corsair XMS TwinX P
Hard Drive
250 g sataII Max†or
Optical Drive
NEC DVD+/-DL
Power Supply
OCZ GameXstream 600w
Case
Spire Baby!
Operating System
XP pro
Monitor
20.1 inch wide 5ms
Keyboard
Some old Thing
Mouse
Logitech G5
Mouse
What?
▲ hide details ▲

post #2493 of 2505 (permalink) Old 02-18-2017, 10:12 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 9 (Unique: 9)
I have this board with a i7 4790K. can't overclock pass 4.6. Can anyone help a brother out here smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2494 of 2505 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 08:32 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 14 (Unique: 11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLADEizGOD View Post

I have this board with a i7 4790K. can't overclock pass 4.6. Can anyone help a brother out here smile.gif

You might've hit your CPU's wall. We need some more information too..

Add your rig to your signature with the rigbuilder.

Arachnid
(26 items)
CPU
Motherboard
Asus Maximus VIII Hero
GPU
INNO3D GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming OC
RAM
Gskill Trident Z 16 GB
Hard Drive
Samsung SM951
Hard Drive
Seagate Barracuda
Hard Drive
Western Digital Blue
Power Supply
Cooler Master V750
Cooling
EK Supremacy MX
Cooling
EK-FC1080 GTX - Acetal+Copper
Cooling
Barrow YKD5G65 130 mm
Cooling
Barrow PD5BTZ-V1
Cooling
Barrow LD5HK-V1
Cooling
Alphacool VPP665
Cooling
Alphacool Nexxxos XT45 480 mm
Cooling
Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850rpm
Case
Phanteks Eclipse P400
Operating System
Windows 10
Monitor
LG 34UM95-P
Keyboard
Logitech G710+
Mouse
Logitech G502
Audio
Logitech Z506
Audio
HyperX Cloud II
Other
Fanatec GT3 RS V2 EU
Other
Fanatec Clubsport V2 EU
Other
Xbox One Wireless Controller with Windows Adapter
▲ hide details ▲
post #2495 of 2505 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 01:16 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Hi guys, I just realised there is a newer beta bios for my z97 G1 gaming wifi bk black edition. I was on F8 and just now flashed F9a.

I have 3 questions

1)Gigabyte app center apps keep giving BSODs since the update. Can't use system viewer or easytune or @bios anymore. As soon as I try to launch them BSOD. Is this normal/to be expected with this bios? If not can someone advise on how to fix?

2)I currently am using the built in graphics chip of my 4970k therefore no standalone GPU. I believe as the initial display device is set to PCI-Express port, I can't get into bios with Video. I only get video display once windows boot. how can i rectify this and manage to get into the bios?

3)Where can I find what are the improvements given by the F9A bios? Has anyone tried it? Impressions?

Many thanks in advance to any good soul that gives a helping hand smile.gif
post #2496 of 2505 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 07:50 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 22 (Unique: 18)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrider View Post

Hi guys, I just realised there is a newer beta bios for my z97 G1 gaming wifi bk black edition. I was on F8 and just now flashed F9a.

I have 3 questions

1)Gigabyte app center apps keep giving BSODs since the update. Can't use system viewer or easytune or @bios anymore. As soon as I try to launch them BSOD. Is this normal/to be expected with this bios? If not can someone advise on how to fix?

2)I currently am using the built in graphics chip of my 4970k therefore no standalone GPU. I believe as the initial display device is set to PCI-Express port, I can't get into bios with Video. I only get video display once windows boot. how can i rectify this and manage to get into the bios?

3)Where can I find what are the improvements given by the F9A bios? Has anyone tried it? Impressions?

Many thanks in advance to any good soul that gives a helping hand smile.gif
where did u find that bios ?

post #2497 of 2505 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 12:20 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by superV View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
where did u find that bios ?

Here https://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/28441-gigabyte-beta-bios.html
post #2498 of 2505 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 01:40 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 22 (Unique: 18)
Quote:

no changelog?really interested what did they change,because i'm on the 5775c and the cache doesn't work during gaming to get extra performance when using a discrete gpu,but works on asus hero vii.
simply when using gpu,the motherboard should disable the igpu and make the L4 cache work for the cpu.
can u please post on tt forum.
thanks.

post #2499 of 2505 (permalink) Old 06-21-2017, 10:21 PM
New to Overclock.net

For some reason I can't post or register on tt. Sorry
post #2500 of 2505 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 06:24 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
http://www.killernetworking.com/driver-downloads/item/killer-control-center-x64

This is a new networking suite from killernetworking. The Z97X - Gaming 5 has the e2200 networking chip onboard which this networking suite is compataible with. I've never actually installed the suite as I read the advice against it. I've been using the bare driver. If I look in the device manager my driver is 05/02/2016 9.0.0.39.

This package does not unzip readily. I started the install process, and found the temp files. So the package is called KillerPerformanceSuite_1.3.1350_Win7_Win81_Win10_x64, and in the temp files was a file Killer Performance Suite.msi 86Mb. I used 7zip to extract this and in this folder "Killer Performance Suite\Data1" I found (data1 was extracted from data1.cab):
1. e2xw7x64.cat
2. e2xw7x64.inf
3. e2xw7x64.sys

I knew what I was looking for since I had the previous drivers extracted similarly (except they were in a clear folder (mb_driver_lan_bigfoot\Bigfoot_Killer\Drivers\Production\Windows7-x64\ke2200w7).

The problem is that I believe these drivers found in the newly extracted Killer Performance Suite.msi 86Mb, to be the same drivers that I have installed already.

An extract from the inf file:

;*****************************************************************************
;*
;* E2xw7x64.INF - Killer E2X00 Series PCI-E Ethernet Controller
;* Copyright 2015 - Rivet Networks, LLC.
;*
;* INF File for NDIS6.2 Miniport Driver for Windows7 x64
;*
;*****************************************************************************
[Version]
Signature = "$Windows NT$"
Class = Net
ClassGUID = {4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
Provider = %RIVET%
CatalogFile = e2XW7x64.cat
DriverVer=02/05/2016,9.0.0.39

So if you notice DriverVer is identical to the installed driver which I put in my first paragraph.

Do you agree that it is the same driver and will you be installing the whole suite anyway?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in