Asus Maximus Formula VII Owner's Club - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Asus Maximus Formula VII Owner's Club

post #11 of 630 (permalink) Old 07-26-2014, 06:09 AM - Thread Starter
LN2 user

Rep: 89 (Unique: 62)
Very nice, clean looking build right there. thumb.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 630 (permalink) Old 07-26-2014, 09:14 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 10 (Unique: 8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunslinger. View Post

Very nice, clean looking build right there. thumb.gif

thanks mate smile.gif still working on it.

I've got a question mayn, there aren't VII Formula-specific drivers available on Asus's website so I'm installing VII Hero's driver, is that what you did also or I'm missing something there? thanks smile.gif

post #13 of 630 (permalink) Old 07-26-2014, 12:32 PM
Not new anymore

Rep: 35 (Unique: 32)
Quote:

Yes it is. biggrin.gif

Would look even better with a Matrix 290X or Matrix 780 Ti mounted on it.

Sweet! biggrin.gif

Well, I thought about the Matrix too, but I'm going with the 290 now and I can't really stress my budget enough to buy a Matrix 290x. Not only that, but I also don't really like Asus' coolers on the AMD side (they don't perform as well as on NVidia). PCS+ it is for me... smile.gif

Phanteks Enthoo Primo, Asus Maximus VII Formula, MSI R9 390x, Intel Core i7 4790k @ 4.8GHz cooled by a Corsair H110. Corsair Vengeance Pro 16gb @ 2400MHz CL10 1.6V, EVGA SuperNova 1300G2, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 630 (permalink) Old 07-26-2014, 06:40 PM - Thread Starter
LN2 user

Rep: 89 (Unique: 62)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredAssassin View Post

thanks mate smile.gif still working on it.

I've got a question mayn, there aren't VII Formula-specific drivers available on Asus's website so I'm installing VII Hero's driver, is that what you did also or I'm missing something there? thanks smile.gif

I used the disk that came with the board. tongue.gif
post #15 of 630 (permalink) Old 07-26-2014, 07:05 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 10 (Unique: 8)
Quote:

I used the disk that came with the board. tongue.gif

ahh I hear that:) BTW they just about 2 hours ago put up VII Formula's driver on Asus website, so if you are interested in these you can download these since these are newer drivers:)

post #16 of 630 (permalink) Old 07-27-2014, 04:51 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 29 (Unique: 24)
Just ordered mine today - along with a 4790K and 16GB of G.Skill Trident X. (See rig build below for all parts.)

This will be my first custom LC build - and I am jumping with both feet with a Swiftech H20-320 Elite kit. Hopefully all the reviews that say it is easy to work with aren't taken straight from the press release!

I can't wait to get the CopperChill thingie working - nothing like a cool MOSFET.

This box is so sweet - the family is going to be jealous. Not.

ACQ

Snorkle.gifnerdsmiley.pngheadscratch.gifhelmetsmiley.png ENTERING THE LOOP-BUILD-AND-TEST PHASE helmetsmiley.pngheadscratch.gifnerdsmiley.pngSnorkle.gif
post-flame-small.gifASUS Maximus VII Formula Owner's Clubpost-flame-small.gif
post-flame-small.gifNVIDIA GTX 780 Owner's Clubpost-flame-small.gif

post #17 of 630 (permalink) Old 07-27-2014, 05:42 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 737 (Unique: 415)
got it up and running

bios needs some work, also having some weird bugs when overclocking, also probably bios related.

using the crappy 4790k stock cooler to test for now, gonna pour ln2 tomorrow.

http://valid.canardpc.com/m91a2i
post #18 of 630 (permalink) Old 07-31-2014, 05:33 AM
Hardware Rep

Rep: 394 (Unique: 182)
Which bugs when OC and which build are you using Szeged?

Kaby Lake overclocking guide here

ASUS Z270 buyer's guide here

Broadwell-E overclocking guide read here
post #19 of 630 (permalink) Old 07-31-2014, 07:52 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 737 (Unique: 415)
if i use anything other than stock settings and non xmp mode i get a loop of boot up for 5 seconds, shut down, boot up for 5 seconds, shut down, repeat for about 10 minutes and then it will finally boot up 100% stable, at literally any overclock other than stock. I dont think its a power issue, i was using a brand spankin new evga 1600w psu on the mobo+cpu, and had a ultra low power gpu plugged in. To get around it i would have to disconnect everything let it sit for a minute, hit clear CMOS then plug back in all the overclock settings, let it boot then shut down once, then it would boot correctly. This happened at 4.5ghz, 4.6ghz, 4.7ghz, 4.8ghz 4,9ghz and 5.0ghz using xmp profile for some gskill c9 2400mhz 8gb total ram, i didnt push farther than that because i was using the intel stock cooler for testing, temps were all fine, idle @ roughly 35c give or take a few degrees, voltages werent anything to insane for air cooling and just validating. I was going to pour ln2 on the board and chip but i didnt want to start until i figured out why it was taking me forever to get a successful boot. Using the launch build bios, havent touched it since my last post, been busy with my 4930k.

if you need anymore info Raja just let me know.
post #20 of 630 (permalink) Old 07-31-2014, 08:40 AM
Hardware Rep

Rep: 394 (Unique: 182)
If the board is cycling like that it means the memory is trying to train the DIMMs and failing. The default action is to keep retraining until the IMC manages to de-skew the DIMMs and they are stable under read and write operations. I have used every build I have here and have not had this issue with my DIMMs. Suspect it's the DRAM kit not sitting well with UEFI, or VCCSA, IO-A, IO-D needs tuning for the IMC being used manually.

What's the exact part number of the kit and is it a single kit or combined kits/modules? Wonder if its one of the old PSC type kits that does not like the newer platforms much until the DIMMs are cold.

You can try this beta as well - if that does not help, I bet it's to do with some of the settings needing tuning manually on your side.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz2VRRbLPrZnenB0VDZZZ0V5SkE/edit?usp=sharing

-Raja

Kaby Lake overclocking guide here

ASUS Z270 buyer's guide here

Broadwell-E overclocking guide read here

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in