New PC , floaty/input lag mouse... - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

New PC , floaty/input lag mouse...

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-30-2015, 09:35 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Hey,

I assembled a new machine with following specs

I5 4690, 16GB Corsair ram, Asus Hero VII, MSI GTX970, samsung EVO850 256, Superflower golden king 550W platinum.

I have a zowie mouse (the new evo and old).

Basicly I am having insane and weird floaty mouse feeling in windows and ingame, I tried reinstall, tried different drivers (both chipset and nvidia).

Tried many BIOS settings that roach has in his guide, but nothing helps!! It feels basicly like the mouse is floating and slowish, and playing with accel but even in windows the mouse feels like its working against you lol

So far I tried also another PSU, other sata cable just to be sure..

As all components are brand new and there is no other problems I dont know anymore what to do:

It seems all I can do left is test another mobo brand and SSD and maybi DVI cable..

Oh yea I have it on 2 monitors and yes I know off the settings of scaling (one being a benQ 144HZ and a Qnix running 100hz). The seem floaty feeling is on both so..

If anyone has any advice on what to do would be great cuz this is quite crazy just dont know what I should test or do anymore...

Also thought about maybi one thing that maybi my electricty outlet is not giving enough power or something lol , but by than I would have seen other problems to so and its not like its an old house..

Anyway any help would be great frown.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-30-2015, 01:19 PM
Sgt. Wolf S. Bora

Rep: 139 (Unique: 102)
Have you changed any settings in the mouse properties menu in the Control Panel?

These are the current settings I have on my laptop (sorry, no mouse installed but should look the same):

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-30-2015, 01:47 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Nope all is standard, just Enhance pointer is off

It feels like there is somehow some Energy saving or something going on. Almost feel like its on the USB ports dont know.. but everything is off in bios. Also in windows.

When fresh plugged in for a while it feels a little better than suddenly sluggish and slow etc .

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-02-2015, 12:07 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2037 (Unique: 1171)
Under device manager is there any driver not installed?

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-02-2015, 04:19 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

I want to say that I think have solved the problem, need to test some more now. But when setting up the BIOS, I did this:

Asus multicore -> Disabled
Than sync all cores, but below it also says "auto" so I left it at auto and disabled TURBO boost, EIST etc. So it ran good at 3.5Ghz just the way I wanted.

When I removed auto and set the core to 3.5Gghz but also sync all cores, the mouse lag was gone... and seriously it wasnt small mouse lag, was like your in a boat when moving mouse.

Dont get why it acts like this...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in