[Official] ASUS Z10PE-D8 WS Owner's thread - Page 72 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] ASUS Z10PE-D8 WS Owner's thread

post #711 of 718 (permalink) Old 09-01-2018, 03:59 PM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by mbmumford View Post
I have not heard of any such issues with this board before.

Kind of sounds like bad drives, or loose connections.
Yeah that's what I was thinking. Thanks for your reply!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #712 of 718 (permalink) Old 09-03-2018, 01:39 PM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 33 (Unique: 26)
Hello! Anyone around? I have had a Z10 in my closet since January or so... didn't have the $ to build it. I just got the RAM, kind of expensive so I just got 2x8 from one of the models listed in the official compatibility list, to be on the safe side.

Now I'm checking out the ES cpus on Ebay. The best bang for the buck according to vray benches would be the 2670 V3, but there are both QEYK QFSA versions... has anyone tested any of them?

post #713 of 718 (permalink) Old 10-14-2018, 09:22 PM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 33 (Unique: 26)
Hey, how do I use an add-in RAID card? I'm migrating from my previous PC, I already have an LSI Raid card with a Raid1 array but it's not being detected!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #714 of 718 (permalink) Old 12-07-2018, 06:46 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
I had something odd happen I went to shut down my system and hit sleep by mistake. I got it out of sleep mode and shut it down.

When I went to boot it back up the Samsung 860 pro v-band drive is no longer acsessible, and no longer shows in the bios.

Just a coincidence with a failed drive?
post #715 of 718 (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 07:29 AM
New to Overclock.net

This is no longer an avantgarde setup... I've been running 2x 2699v4s on the Z10PE-D8 WS for almost 2 years... however, there still isn't a very well documented tutorial on BIOS settings for the Z10PE-D8.

I believe I have decent settings, but I'm by no means an expert. I would however like to see someone else's BIOS settings to compare. If there are any Z10PE-D8 owners around that are willing to share their full BIOS settings, I think it would be very valuable for all of us on this thread.

Is anyone willing to take some screencaps of theirs?
post #716 of 718 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 12:07 AM
New to Overclock.net

I recently installed an Intel Optane 900p (280GB, 2.5in w/U.2-M.2 Connector). The 4k random reads and writes aren't performing as advertised. They're usually about 50% slower than the Intel spec and independent benchmarks, regardless of queue depth or threads. On rare occasions, however, the performance is about what one would expect. Sequential read and writes are consistently as advertised. This issue was initially noticed as part of daily use, usually when compressing or extracting a large number of small files or compiling C/C++ projects consisting of a thousand or more files. Again, the drive is usually slower than what I paid for, but sometimes quick as you like. I'm able to reproduce the performance variation without changing any external factors, and it happens when using the onboard M.2 port or a M.2 PCIe adapter. I've included two screenshots, one captured directly after the other without changing anything in-between. Any ideas, anyone?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	OptaneBench1.png
Views:	7
Size:	223.0 KB
ID:	250098  

Click image for larger version

Name:	OptaneHWiNFO64.png
Views:	8
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	250106  

Attached Images

Last edited by bizarregoyle; 01-29-2019 at 12:12 AM.
post #717 of 718 (permalink) Old 02-02-2019, 11:50 AM
New to Overclock.net

Hey everyone,

I have a couple of questions. Can someone provide some insight to each please:

1. I keep getting the chassis intrusion alarm warning every boot even though my case is completely closed. Any reason why this is happening?

2. Is there a way to adjust when the CPU thermal alarm sounds?

3. What does the ASUS turbo ratio lock (ATRC) setting do in the BIOS?

4. What BIOS settings ensure the maximum CPU performance? Sometime my CPU seems locked at 2.00GHz other times it seems to go up too 3.1?

Thanks!
BR

Last edited by Bobross; 02-03-2019 at 03:00 PM.
post #718 of 718 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 01:53 PM
New to Overclock.net

Make sure the jumper on the corner of the board near the pcie power header has not been removed

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in