[Official] ASUS Z10PE-D8 WS Owner's thread - Page 75 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] ASUS Z10PE-D8 WS Owner's thread

post #741 of 742 (permalink) Old 07-10-2020, 05:40 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Hello !

I'm also new to this forum and a bit late on this old thread. It's my first personal build, I had this mobo since 2018 and I never bought the other parts to finish the build, I bought a laptop. Now that i built it, I have the same problem as others here except it's a bit different.

I have two Xeon 2643v3, they are cooled with two Dark Rock 4, and as the right cpu socket is a bit off centered, the cooler almost touching the gpu backplate in the first slot, and my GPU is working only in slot 1. The GPU is not touching it cause of the GPU sag.

I already tried some things in this thread, Update the Bios to the latest, play with CSM configuration "UEFI and Legacy" options for pci devices and others, everything is working fine when the gpu is in the first slot, but when I put it in the other slot, sometimes I have some randoms q code, doing the same pattern 60 to 4A to 79 and reboot without any display. Before the Bios update, when the gpu was in slot 2, 3 or 4, the lcd on the mobo was doing the same q code pattern as a normal boot with the gpu on the slot 1 except i don't have any display of any sort. It's like the pc booted, was on windows but don't have any display output. Q code AA.

One time after the BIOS update, with the GPU in the slot 3 or 4, I got a display output but the system reboot before passing the post screen.

I've seen some people saying that a DisplayPort cable will solve the problem, I'm using an HDMI cable now. Or it's maybe the GPU wich is not compatible with this board configuration ?

And the problem is that i intend to replace this old gpu by two RTX 2070 Super soon, and i don't want one on the slot 1 because of the "almost" contact with the CPU cooler. Two solutions for me if I can't solve this, I think I'm going to rotate the two coolers horizontally (Fan Bottom pushing to Top Case) to have enough clearance for the GPU, or change the coolers for something a bit smaller like two Noctua NH-U12S (was my first choice but was not in stock when i ordered all the parts)

Everyone know if this "no display" can affect multi-gpu in NVLink ?

Everything seems to work perfectly except with these pcie slots or the gpu. The two Xeon idle at 35-40°c, 65-70°c max and work quite well in 3D rendering.

My system :
Asus Z10PE D8-WS (BIOS 4101)
Dual Xeon E5-2643 v3 (OC Tune Level 1)
2*16 GB Crucial DDR4-2666 REG ECC Dual Rank
2x Be quiet! Dark Rock 4
MSI GTX 760 2gb
Samsung NVME SSD 512gb M.2
Corsair AX1200I
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass
Windows 10 Pro for Workstation
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PC1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	268.1 KB
ID:	359712  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #742 of 742 (permalink) Old 08-04-2020, 09:36 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Sorry for a noob question.

I'm running 2 x E5-2680v3's and the Z10PE-D8-WS and I for the life of me cannot find a vcore setting in the BIOS.

Where do I change vcore in the 4101 BIOS on this board? HWiNFO doesn't even show a vcore for this board. However, CPU-Z does. See attached images.

Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in