Asus Z10PE D16 WS Owners Thread - Page 56 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

Asus Z10PE D16 WS Owners Thread

post #551 of 558 (permalink) Old 05-19-2020, 03:20 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by kovyrshin View Post
Hm.. Stepping 2 is retail or at least QS and x36 is max multi. Nothing stops you from getting 3.6 with two cores.

It's fine.. I used HW Info and I indeed get the correct boost with single core.. I was running XTU but I guess it is not as precise.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #552 of 558 (permalink) Old 05-19-2020, 10:34 AM
New to Overclock.net

Sorted with my fan - the fan was faulty.
Now a long shot: is there a way to ignore the first GPU slot? Why I'm asking? I water-cooled my system and i have faulty GPU ( water-cooled ) and its second slot from the top, then I have another GPU but its dual-slot one and I'm getting B2 error and in my understanding, its the first card which shows video right? I was trying to check BIOS but there are no options ... so I'm trying my luck.
P.s. I can not remove that water-cooled GPU atm and i knew its faulty and I added for one purpose - to swap with my new one when I get one.
post #553 of 558 (permalink) Old 05-19-2020, 02:08 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 6)
Quote: Originally Posted by redot View Post
Sorted with my fan - the fan was faulty.
Now a long shot: is there a way to ignore the first GPU slot? Why I'm asking? I water-cooled my system and i have faulty GPU ( water-cooled ) and its second slot from the top, then I have another GPU but its dual-slot one and I'm getting B2 error and in my understanding, its the first card which shows video right? I was trying to check BIOS but there are no options ... so I'm trying my luck.
P.s. I can not remove that water-cooled GPU atm and i knew its faulty and I added for one purpose - to swap with my new one when I get one.
I was running cards in all the slots. That makes no difference.
Currently have videocard in PCIE 5 (from the top) and SSD/HBA in PCIE 1 and 2.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #554 of 558 (permalink) Old 05-19-2020, 04:16 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by kovyrshin View Post
I was running cards in all the slots. That makes no difference.
Currently have videocard in PCIE 5 (from the top) and SSD/HBA in PCIE 1 and 2.
I know what you mean... i just tested with single slot GPU and it still does not power on to splash screen, still B2 which means if one GPU is faulty and does not matter which slot - B2 will be on and no chance to start PC unless there is a way ...

Oh, and that's how it looks like ... all parts sprayed. but not finished... as i want to change PU color and fix cut off`s .
4 heat sensors, a mixture of 16mm and 13mm PETG tubing, some lighting for tubes ( still needs to be connected ) Front has been tortured due to 360 rad and 2x140mm fans ( i done this as i had extra 360 rad lol ) Rear fan sprayed the same color as rest of the fittings and made myself custom sleeved cables. No RG lighting due to Linux and no rgb headers for mobo lol. the reservoir will be topped up a bit later as still some work to do.

Just to show others how hard tubing and Asus dual cpu looks like for some ideas.
Wanted something else's, i got inspired by Linux terminal color theme PIPES but lack of pipes and fittings does not look like what i wanted but still happy enough until i get myself another case ( dreaming about dual motherboard one so i can put Xbox inside ) and i need to add RAM coolers but Corsair 750D case is a bit to small for my setup ... kinda tight for such a big mobo and water-cooling.
P.S.S. gonna try to add raspberry pi for monitoring, lighting as currently, i have fan controller but not happy how it shows temperature )
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F52C8770-0775-4187-BEA3-CB0A4600F7DB.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	382.8 KB
ID:	347556  

post #555 of 558 (permalink) Old 05-21-2020, 02:12 PM
New to Overclock.net

Just remove the GPU from the PCI slot.. leave it hanging.. I did that when I was trying to find out why the hell my board wouldn't boot up with a enterprise class samsung ssd. i.e. don't remove the card from the water loop, just unplug it from the PCIE.. And use onboard to check bios etc.
post #556 of 558 (permalink) Old 05-22-2020, 04:13 AM
New to Overclock.net

Thats what i did in some ways ... when i need to restart im just sliding off up until splash screen pops up then sliding back but i can not leave hanging as its not a soft tubing its hard tubing plus i don't want to shorten out something so i have to slide it back lol.
post #557 of 558 (permalink) Old 05-24-2020, 03:10 PM
New to Overclock.net

Off topic: does anyone here know the best settings for optimal single core frequency under advanced PM tuning? There are three settings with 0 explanation in the manual whatsoever..

Averaging Time Window ( max 255 )

P0 TotalTimeThreshold Low ( max 63 )

P0 TotalTimeThreshold High ( max 63 )
post #558 of 558 (permalink) Old 05-26-2020, 05:50 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by s.anastasiou View Post
Thanks for the quick reply. I was able to push to 3.5Ghz by shutting down the TDP Config as mentioned by another user here.

So how do I go about doing this hack? I have the latest version of bios installed. As far as I know I have to do something among the lines of this:

https://www.win-raid.com/t3874f16-GU...bo-Unlock.html

is this "THE" guide? Or do I need to do some other trick(s)?

If I am successful I am going to post a full tutorial here so everyone can do it. These things are so cheap in ebay that not buying one now is a sin
If you try that let me know if it works and if you were able to do it via ikvm (i use ESXi as OS), all core boost sure would be nice

EDIT: nvm just read that this only works for v3 CPUs... I have a v4 CPU ^^

Last edited by Questionario; 05-26-2020 at 05:56 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in