ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Formula Owner`s Thread! - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Formula Owner`s Thread!

post #1 of 329 (permalink) Old 01-11-2016, 02:14 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 124 (Unique: 103)

Hey OCN, now that the Asus Maximus VIII Formula is available for pre-order, I thought I would start a thread to support it! I don`t intend this to be an owners thread as such, but more of a place for us to discuss and ask questions and post up some pictures of your rig if you would like! Enjoy!!!

thumb.gif

OC3D.net Review: 
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy-1wzwQCP4
OC3D.net Full Review: http://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/cpu_mainboard/asus_z170_maximus_viii_formula_review/1

Pre-ordered: January 7th

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 329 (permalink) Old 01-11-2016, 02:14 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Just in case anyone was wondering, it looks like the Maximus Formula VIII will be released around the 14th of January. It is available for pre order on Newegg and Amazon, links below:

Price: $399

Newegg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813132265

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019U0VWKW/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=

It`s also PRIME eligible! thumb.gif

post #3 of 329 (permalink) Old 01-25-2016, 07:58 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
I have the Maximus VII Formula.
That MOBO pretty much restricts the builder to a red/black theme or at least a theme with red in it.

Now the VIII is one sexy beast! It's monochromatic colour scheme with RGB lighting make your rig's colour scheme options endless!

I am DEFINITELY getting the VIII once it is released in Singapore! Call me an idiot but I fell for ASUS's marketing strategy!

Rise and rise again until lambs become lions.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 329 (permalink) Old 01-28-2016, 03:42 PM

This is my first Asus and ROG board, I must say it looks EPIC!
But I do have some questions, I am using the AURA software to control the LED's but when my PC restarts the LED's go back to breathing until I configure them to static red again... It's something simple but It annoys me a bit.
Secondly, the keybot software disables my mediakeys (pause, volume wheel,...) on my Corsair K70 anyone a solution?
And last thing, It is a bit slow to boot, the bios time is around 20 seconds when my MSI Z87 was under 10 sec...
post #5 of 329 (permalink) Old 01-28-2016, 05:19 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archang3l View Post

But I do have some questions, I am using the AURA software to control the LED's but when my PC restarts the LED's go back to breathing until I configure them to static red again... It's something simple but It annoys me a bit.
Secondly, the keybot software disables my mediakeys (pause, volume wheel,...) on my Corsair K70 anyone a solution?
And last thing, It is a bit slow to boot, the bios time is around 20 seconds when my MSI Z87 was under 10 sec...

Honestly, mine just arrived today so haven't tried anything yet. I will check mine once I get it all hooked up. Have you tried the ROG forums yet for help?

post #6 of 329 (permalink) Old 01-29-2016, 12:34 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archang3l View Post

I can't say anything about the Keybot software as I am not using it and have not installed it but the other two things I do not see.... LEDs have been configured in Aura and stay the same even through a reboot or a complete power off. Never had to reconfigure them yet.
Boot speed is much faster on my end as well.

Which BIOS are you on? Did you install the software from CD or did you download it?
post #7 of 329 (permalink) Old 01-29-2016, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheM View Post

I can't say anything about the Keybot software as I am not using it and have not installed it but the other two things I do not see.... LEDs have been configured in Aura and stay the same even through a reboot or a complete power off. Never had to reconfigure them yet.
Boot speed is much faster on my end as well.

Which BIOS are you on? Did you install the software from CD or did you download it?

I am using the latest BIOS from the ASUS website: MAXIMUS VIII FORMULA BIOS 0403
As for software I downloaded everything from the site too.
Do you have set things in the bios for fast boot or something?
post #8 of 329 (permalink) Old 01-29-2016, 07:06 AM
New to Overclock.net

Alright, Bios is same as mine.. I enabled VT-d, and disabled the SATA controller as I am only using a NVME drive. Everything else is pretty much default as I didn't start to overclock it yet.. I also downloaded the software from the web (don't have a drive that can read CDs/DVDs) and did a fresh install of Win 10 after I completed the build.. Then just started the Aura thing, set the profile and it's been working perfectly fine since then..
post #9 of 329 (permalink) Old 01-29-2016, 06:06 PM

I had Aura 1.something 9 now I have the 7 version hope it works.
Also for BIOS i will take a look, i have an nvme boot drive, ssd for games and HDD for storage so I can't disable SATA.
I dit noticed this: the ROG logo shows, goes away shows again and then goes to Windows is thuis normal? With my MSI i just had msi screen and Windows boot.
Also did not overclock, I want to read a bit about ASUS bios and settings first and spend some time there
post #10 of 329 (permalink) Old 01-31-2016, 02:02 AM
New to Overclock.net

I just got to replicate the reset back to pulsing red.. Happens to me if I completely disconnect power from the board meaning power switch on the power supply off or something.. As long as the board has power even if the machine is powered off everything stays as configured..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in