ASUS X299 Motherboard Series - Official Support Thread - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

ASUS X299 Motherboard Series - Official Support Thread

post #11 of 2262 (permalink) Old 07-27-2017, 01:34 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
OK got something else I've noticed. HWiNFO, others only show my CPU Package Power in 1.xxx watts. Am I missing some setting somewhere or is this something the sensors are misreporting the match on? Below example was during a mild y-cruncher test.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 2262 (permalink) Old 07-27-2017, 02:41 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 5)
post #13 of 2262 (permalink) Old 07-27-2017, 04:01 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofblog View Post

You need to enable SVID for correct power readings (and power limits). On ASUS X299 BIOS, if you use XMP, SVID will always be disabled, regardless of the setting. To work around the issue, you must enter your DRAM timings manually.

I've got XMP disabled and manual timings in. Setting SVID to Auto, Enabled or Disabled does nothing to change what is showing. Still showing like above.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 2262 (permalink) Old 07-27-2017, 04:09 PM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 266 (Unique: 139)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonScryer View Post

The '0503' BIOS is something floating around the interwebs. Don't use it. A co-worker did on a 299-E and he could not get any memory timing stable beyond 2133. The Flashback USB stick thing saved sanity after trying to troubleshoot with me for an hour on the phone.

Hello

Haven't seen that issue here. 0503 on the Strix allows for 3733MHz memory speed pretty much plug n' play with capable modules.
post #15 of 2262 (permalink) Old 07-27-2017, 08:31 PM
New to Overclock.net

post #16 of 2262 (permalink) Old 07-27-2017, 10:08 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praz View Post

Hello

Haven't seen that issue here. 0503 on the Strix allows for 3733MHz memory speed pretty much plug n' play with capable modules.

It might have been just his board, I don't know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofblog View Post

If you get incorrect power readings, it means that SVID is disabled. There are no two ways around it. Reset your BIOS, disable any automatic overclock (e.g. MultiCore Enhancement, XMP, etc.), and set SVID to enabled. If it still does not work, you will just have to raise the issue with ASUS support.

For reference, you can see my post about how to run ASUS boards in stock configuration. I tested those steps on the X299-A BIOS 0402.

I followed what you did and sure enough it is working now. Doing a Prime95 8k FFT in place at stock settings (manual set RAM timings). That is an annoying thing the 'optimized defaults' aren't so 'default'. Thanks for the help.

post #17 of 2262 (permalink) Old 07-28-2017, 06:13 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
hi, looking for advices considering motherboard selection.
I'm going to buy 7820x, might go for 7960 in couple of years.
Now I'm choosing between
ASUS PRIME X299-A
ASUS TUF X299 MARK 1
ASUS TUF X299 MARK 2
MSI X299 TOMAHAWK
Main features i expect is: moderate overcloсking ability, reliability, at least 3200mhz ram profile support, good cooling setup.
thanks in advance!
post #18 of 2262 (permalink) Old 07-28-2017, 02:32 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgpyos View Post

hi, looking for advices considering motherboard selection.
I'm going to buy 7820x, might go for 7960 in couple of years.
Now I'm choosing between
ASUS PRIME X299-A
ASUS TUF X299 MARK 1
ASUS TUF X299 MARK 2
MSI X299 TOMAHAWK
Main features i expect is: moderate overcloсking ability, reliability, at least 3200mhz ram profile support, good cooling setup.
thanks in advance!

I'd personally choose the mobo I did, the TUF MARK 1. I had a sabertooth x79 that worked perfectly since release and I sold it for $300. I mean, that thing survived power outages, quad and triple SLI, etc. It also seems Sabertooths and the TUF line hold their value later on because they are so durable.

And I'm running 3200mhz C14 ram on it perfectly. It auto chose the XMP profile on first boot I was surprised
post #19 of 2262 (permalink) Old 07-28-2017, 02:35 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
I have a question I posed in the skylake X thread also. Is it a limitation, feature, or something in the mobo that software reports my cores smashing around from 1.2ghz up to 4.5ghz during benchmark and stresstests?

This is 7820x with Asus X299 TUF Mark 1. Cooled with h115i and stay around 55-65 for the duration of the benchmarks. GPU is Titan X Pascal and PSU is ax1200i (so no power issues I believe).

For instance, I can't pass the 3dmark stresstest, I always get 86% and my core speeds are jumping around rather than holding constant at Turbo 2 or 3.

Firestrike Ultra gives me the correct score in line with Titan Xs, but again the core speeds fluctuate wildly.

My i7 3820, once started, would hold its turbo speeds during the demos.
post #20 of 2262 (permalink) Old 07-28-2017, 11:15 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in