ASRock X299 OC Formula OC Guide (living review) - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

ASRock X299 OC Formula OC Guide (living review)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #21 of 246 (permalink) Old 09-24-2017, 02:56 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
RULE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: ITALY
Posts: 12
Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Some memory performance scaling on x265/1080p

3200c10-9-9-18-1T


3733c12-11-11-24-1T


3600c11-10-10-18-1T


io 1.30v/sa 1.40v

Hard Restart is sooo good for play with memory.
If you lost some memory channel, you can try to train one step lower memory multiplayer until you recover every channel, then raise the mupltiplayer to desired value.
If you stuck at EE, hard restart and try again, might pass after hard restart.
RULE is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 246 (permalink) Old 09-24-2017, 11:09 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
D-EJ915's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 50
Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
edit: see nick's post below regarding this: https://www.overclock.net/t/1638490/asrock-x299-oc-formula-oc-guide-living-review/0_50#post_26357811

This is probably extraneous to most everyone, but with 100% system stability on my OC I was getting random frame drops and stuttering in Final Fantasy XIV. After playing around disabling turbo boost fixed the issue but then my OC also bit the dust. I enabled turbo boost again and enabled the benchmark mode and the issue seems to have disappeared and I no longer get the frame drops. I have no idea what benchmark mode does but I guess I will leave it enabled. (this issue also occured at UEFI default/stock settings no OC)

I'd changed about a thousand other settings and parts out to try to fix this issue as well. Also another thing I ran into that Corsair Utility Engine also seemed to bog down the system a bit, but I haven't reinstalled it yet so maybe that got fixed too but just an FYI lol.

Kanna
(13 items)
Dark X299
(7 items)
Mitty
(11 items)
CPU
Intel i7-7820X
Motherboard
Asrock X299 OC Formula
GPU
Asus Strix 1080 Ti
RAM
G.Skill DDR C14 3200MHz XMP 4x8GB
Hard Drive
Intel P3520 NVMe PCIE AIC 1.2TB
Power Supply
Seasonic X-1250 1250 Watt PSU
Cooling
NZXT Kraken 62
Case
NZXT S340
Operating System
Windows 10 x64
Monitor
Asus PA329Q 32" 4k 60Hz
Keyboard
Corsair K70 RGB Lux
Mouse
Logitech G600
Audio
HDMI to my Yamaha CX-A5000 preamplifier and studio monitors.
CPU
Intel i9-9900X
Motherboard
EVGA X299 Dark
GPU
EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Ti
RAM
G.Skill 4x8GB C14 3200MHz
Hard Drive
Samsung Pro 840 250 GB
Power Supply
EVGA Supernova G3 1300
Cooling
Phanteks PH-TC14PE
CPU
Intel i7-3930k
Motherboard
Asrock Fatal1ty X79 Champion
GPU
EVGA GTX 780 Ti
RAM
Mushkin Redline
Hard Drive
WD Velociraptor
Optical Drive
Asus DVD±RW
Power Supply
Seasonic X-1250
Cooling
Corsair H100i V2
Case
Fractal ARC MIDI
Operating System
Windows 7 Pro x64
Audio
Asus Xonar DX
▲ hide details ▲
D-EJ915 is offline  
post #23 of 246 (permalink) Old 09-24-2017, 10:44 PM
Hardware Rep
 
Nickshih's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 122
Rep: 29 (Unique: 25)
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-EJ915 View Post

This is probably extraneous to most everyone, but with 100% system stability on my OC I was getting random frame drops and stuttering in Final Fantasy XIV. After playing around disabling turbo boost fixed the issue but then my OC also bit the dust. I enabled turbo boost again and enabled the benchmark mode and the issue seems to have disappeared and I no longer get the frame drops. I have no idea what benchmark mode does but I guess I will leave it enabled. (this issue also occured at UEFI default/stock settings no OC)

I'd changed about a thousand other settings and parts out to try to fix this issue as well. Also another thing I ran into that Corsair Utility Engine also seemed to bog down the system a bit, but I haven't reinstalled it yet so maybe that got fixed too but just an FYI lol.



opps.. i think you guys misunderstand of turbo boost and EIST. If turbo boost be disabled , cpu cant be turbo and can only stay lower than max non-turbo ratio.

For keeping cpu frequency as highest one under loading . U just need to disabled all C-state and keep high performance mode in OS.

Enabled benchmark tweak will do the similar job , but i will tweak more for some benchmarks to gain more point of records .
Nickshih is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #24 of 246 (permalink) Old 09-24-2017, 10:49 PM
Hardware Rep
 
Nickshih's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 122
Rep: 29 (Unique: 25)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVLux View Post

So, does this board really do x8 on all five slots? The manual sort of stops at four cards... redface.gif



44 Lane CPU - x16/x0/x0/x16/x8 or x8/x8/x8/x8/x8
28 Lane - x16/x0/x0/x8/x4 or x8/x8/x0/x8/x4
16 Lane - x16/x0/x0/x0/x4 or x8/x0/x0/x8/x4

but SLI support 4 cards max so far .
Nickshih is offline  
post #25 of 246 (permalink) Old 09-24-2017, 10:51 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
D-EJ915's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 50
Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickshih View Post

opps.. i think you guys misunderstand of turbo boost and EIST. If turbo boost be disabled , cpu cant be turbo and can only stay lower then max non-turbo ratio.

For keeping cpu frequency as highest one under loading . U just need to disabled all C-state and keep high performance mode in OS.

Enabled benchmark tweak will do the similar job , but i will tweak more for some benchmarks to gain more point of records .
Thanks, admittedly I am kind of an OC noob with these newer chips so thanks for the info. I am not really hardcore into benching so I will set it up with the C-states method and compare. My issue was kind of an erroneous one I think no one else really would run into it but figured I would post in case anyone else encounters it at some point.

The board looks great btw and I dig the regular ATX formfactor vs the asus boards smile.gif It is not often you get a new system built and it works 100% the first try so nice job on the design.

Kanna
(13 items)
Dark X299
(7 items)
Mitty
(11 items)
CPU
Intel i7-7820X
Motherboard
Asrock X299 OC Formula
GPU
Asus Strix 1080 Ti
RAM
G.Skill DDR C14 3200MHz XMP 4x8GB
Hard Drive
Intel P3520 NVMe PCIE AIC 1.2TB
Power Supply
Seasonic X-1250 1250 Watt PSU
Cooling
NZXT Kraken 62
Case
NZXT S340
Operating System
Windows 10 x64
Monitor
Asus PA329Q 32" 4k 60Hz
Keyboard
Corsair K70 RGB Lux
Mouse
Logitech G600
Audio
HDMI to my Yamaha CX-A5000 preamplifier and studio monitors.
CPU
Intel i9-9900X
Motherboard
EVGA X299 Dark
GPU
EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Ti
RAM
G.Skill 4x8GB C14 3200MHz
Hard Drive
Samsung Pro 840 250 GB
Power Supply
EVGA Supernova G3 1300
Cooling
Phanteks PH-TC14PE
CPU
Intel i7-3930k
Motherboard
Asrock Fatal1ty X79 Champion
GPU
EVGA GTX 780 Ti
RAM
Mushkin Redline
Hard Drive
WD Velociraptor
Optical Drive
Asus DVD±RW
Power Supply
Seasonic X-1250
Cooling
Corsair H100i V2
Case
Fractal ARC MIDI
Operating System
Windows 7 Pro x64
Audio
Asus Xonar DX
▲ hide details ▲
D-EJ915 is offline  
post #26 of 246 (permalink) Old 09-24-2017, 11:22 PM
Hardware Rep
 
Nickshih's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 122
Rep: 29 (Unique: 25)
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-EJ915 View Post

Thanks, admittedly I am kind of an OC noob with these newer chips so thanks for the info. I am not really hardcore into benching so I will set it up with the C-states method and compare. My issue was kind of an erroneous one I think no one else really would run into it but figured I would post in case anyone else encounters it at some point.

The board looks great btw and I dig the regular ATX formfactor vs the asus boards smile.gif It is not often you get a new system built and it works 100% the first try so nice job on the design.


feel free to ask anything here .

u can enabled benchmark tweak . and just change cpu ratio to find sweet spot for stability .

For example 45-48x for Gaming by Prime95 none-Avx loading . And avx offset -5 by prime95 Avx loading .

Bcz 95% software doesn't use any AVX instructions .
Nickshih is offline  
post #27 of 246 (permalink) Old 09-25-2017, 04:00 AM
Hardware Rep
 
Nickshih's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 122
Rep: 29 (Unique: 25)
Improved NVME performance , revised kabylake profile , fixed XP issue on Kabylake-X


picx.xfastest.com/nickshih/asrock/X29OCF113A.rar
Nickshih is offline  
post #28 of 246 (permalink) Old 09-25-2017, 01:41 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
DVLux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 1,116
Rep: 40 (Unique: 34)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickshih View Post

44 Lane CPU - x16/x0/x0/x16/x8 or x8/x8/x8/x8/x8
28 Lane - x16/x0/x0/x8/x4 or x8/x8/x0/x8/x4
16 Lane - x16/x0/x0/x0/x4 or x8/x0/x0/x8/x4

but SLI support 4 cards max so far .

Yeah, it says that on the support page... But I wanted to make sure it wasn't a typo tongue.gif

Also, that PCI-E x4 slot at the bottom... It's hooked up the CPU, right?

Meow?
DVLux is offline  
post #29 of 246 (permalink) Old 09-25-2017, 08:50 PM
Hardware Rep
 
Nickshih's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 122
Rep: 29 (Unique: 25)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVLux View Post

Yeah, it says that on the support page... But I wanted to make sure it wasn't a typo tongue.gif

Also, that PCI-E x4 slot at the bottom... It's hooked up the CPU, right?


black x4 slot is by PCH.
Nickshih is offline  
post #30 of 246 (permalink) Old 09-25-2017, 08:54 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
DVLux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 1,116
Rep: 40 (Unique: 34)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickshih View Post

black x4 slot is by PCH.


Then why does it get disabled when you don't use a 44-lane CPU? O_o That's ...weird.

Meow?
DVLux is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off