UPDATED: ASUS Z370 and Z390 Motherboard Series - Official Support Thread - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

UPDATED: ASUS Z370 and Z390 Motherboard Series - Official Support Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #11 of 3637 (permalink) Old 10-25-2017, 07:39 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
keyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 3
Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

Build 9418 for the Z370-P. Improves memory overclocking.
Mr raja how about z370 tuf gaming plus no update tq
keyo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 3637 (permalink) Old 10-26-2017, 12:15 AM
Hardware Rep
 
Raja@ASUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3,430
Rep: 394 (Unique: 182)
Z370-P UEFI build 9419: improved OC for 2DPC configs.

Kaby Lake overclocking guide here

ASUS Z270 buyer's guide here


Broadwell-E overclocking guide read here
post #13 of 3637 (permalink) Old 10-26-2017, 01:51 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Cirrus550's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 4
Rep: 0
Motherboard model: Asus maximus hero x wi-fi
UEFI Version: 0505
CPU: Intel i5-8400
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i v2

I've been runnig above system now just for few days.

I have been wondering really high (IMO) core VID values and thus high Vcore values with this 8400.

Straight out with default values asus MCE core VID and thus also Vcore goes up to 1.36 V when running prime. Disabling MCE and thus introducing power limiting those values drop to around 1.28 V.

These reading seem quite high compared to overcloked 8700k values.

I have only found one reference where to compare voltages i5-8400 should be running. This video shows voltages below 1.2 when running MCE and all core and without those. Mobo they are running on video is Asus prime z370-a.

I guess i5-8400 can stand those voltages, but I would like to use this with "correct" voltages and no extra as they are not needed.
Cirrus550 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14 of 3637 (permalink) Old 10-26-2017, 05:52 AM
Linux Lobbyist
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 2,655
Rep: 266 (Unique: 139)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirrus550 View Post

Motherboard model: Asus maximus hero x wi-fi
UEFI Version: 0505
CPU: Intel i5-8400
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i v2

I've been runnig above system now just for few days.

I have been wondering really high (IMO) core VID values and thus high Vcore values with this 8400.

Straight out with default values asus MCE core VID and thus also Vcore goes up to 1.36 V when running prime. Disabling MCE and thus introducing power limiting those values drop to around 1.28 V.

These reading seem quite high compared to overcloked 8700k values.

I have only found one reference where to compare voltages i5-8400 should be running. This video shows voltages below 1.2 when running MCE and all core and without those. Mobo they are running on video is Asus prime z370-a.

I guess i5-8400 can stand those voltages, but I would like to use this with "correct" voltages and no extra as they are not needed.

Hello

Each processor has a uniquely programmed VID table. To find the voltage programmed for your processor fully clear the BIOS, set MCE to disabled and LLC to Level 1. Do not change any other settings. The maximum voltage shown while under load will be the value Intel has programmed for that particular CPU. If you wish to use a lower voltage a manually entered negative offset will be required. The video you linked to also shows it is detrimental to performance to enable MCE when using a i5-8400 so I'm not sure why you want to enable it.
Praz is offline  
post #15 of 3637 (permalink) Old 10-26-2017, 06:32 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Cirrus550's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 4
Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praz View Post

Hello

Each processor has a uniquely programmed VID table. To find the voltage programmed for your processor fully clear the BIOS, set MCE to disabled and LLC to Level 1. Do not change any other settings. The maximum voltage shown while under load will be the value Intel has programmed for that particular CPU. If you wish to use a lower voltage a manually entered negative offset will be required. The video you linked to also shows it is detrimental to performance to enable MCE when using a i5-8400 so I'm not sure why you want to enable it.

Hello and thanks for reply.

Basically this is the testing I have done. Except that LLC has been auto all the time.

I ran three test rounds just now. First LLC auto and the with LLC set to level 1. Both values in hwinfo the core VID went down about 0.09 V and Vcore same. For next test I set LLC back to auto and voltages stayed down. However I am fairly sure that value called Ring/LLC clock was 3.7 GHz at first run and after LLC 1 it went down to 3.5 GHz. And it was still 3.5 GHz when I set it back to auto.

Also current remedy for my running setup is exactly what you suggested. I have set -0.07 offset.

MCE itself does not raise voltages that I have noticed. VID request stays same and vcore stays same. It just removes power limit. This unit hits to power limits instantaneously with prime if MCE is disabled. Clocks drop to 3 GHz and voltage VID request and vcore drops.

Nonetheless I have MCE disabled and manually set 4095 powerlimits to keep 3.8 GHz under load.

I was not that familiar with concept of individual VIDs for units. Or the fact that there can be such huge difference. Maybe I'll just accept this and keep using the minus offset. System seems stable with even 0.1 minus offset.
Cirrus550 is offline  
post #16 of 3637 (permalink) Old 10-26-2017, 07:07 AM
Linux Lobbyist
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Inland Empire
Posts: 828
Rep: 46 (Unique: 30)
Hero X Wifi here with [email protected] 1.3v Gskill 4x8gb 3600cl16 1t, runs smooth as silk, this will be my daily use rig, Apex when they become available
Real time timing adjustments? , using memtweakit or is this Apex specific?

Menthol is offline  
post #17 of 3637 (permalink) Old 10-26-2017, 07:17 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Yetyhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Belgium
Posts: 651
Rep: 24 (Unique: 19)
Subbed.
8700k with STRIX-E soon.

8700k @ 5Ghz, 1.33v // Asus Strix Z370-E Wifi // G-Skill Trident RGB 16GB 3200mhz // Asus GTX1080 STRIX
Samsung 500Gb 860Evo // Seasonic Focus+ Platinum 550W // Be Quiet! Dark Rock 4 // Meshify C + 3 additional phanteks 140mm
Yetyhunter is offline  
post #18 of 3637 (permalink) Old 10-26-2017, 02:43 PM - Thread Starter
OC...D
 
Jpmboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 26,506
Rep: 1282 (Unique: 565)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menthol View Post

Hero X Wifi here with [email protected] 1.3v Gskill 4x8gb 3600cl16 1t, runs smooth as silk, this will be my daily use rig, Apex when they become available
Real time timing adjustments? , using memtweakit or is this Apex specific?

It does run really smooth... I was hoping someone else would notice that. Very qquick and "clean".

[email protected]/4.4 --- 2x8GB GSkill 4400c19 @ 3866c16 vdimm 1.375V, SA 1.2, VCCIO 1.17 --- HCi 500%


Just a base to work from . Delidded the cpu last night, sealer dried over the day.. installed, temps now in the low 60s running RB2.54RC2 at 5.3 with 1.344V LLC 5 (load is 1.328V). Cache is still stock. I'm really liking this 6 core processor!

ASUS Z370/Z390 Motherboard Support Thread, Coffee Lake OC Guide
GPUs For Sale
X299
(27 items)
x99
(18 items)
Z370
(19 items)
CPU
7980XE
CPU
7740X
CPU
9900X
Motherboard
ASUS Rampage VI Apex
Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus G9
Motherboard
Rampage VI Extreme Omega
GPU
2x Nvidia Titan V
GPU
GTX 1080
GPU
2 2080Ti FE / EK Vector Blocks
RAM
G. Skill 2x(2x8GB) 3600c15 @4000c16
RAM
Team Group
RAM
Two 4x8GB GS 3600c16 kits @ 4000c16
Hard Drive
INtel Optane 900P
Hard Drive
2x256 Plextor Raid 0
Hard Drive
WD Raptor
Hard Drive
Samsung Sm 961
Power Supply
Corsair AX1500i
Power Supply
EVGA 850 G3
Cooling
Aquacomputer GiGant 1680 (4x420)
Cooling
Koolance EXC-800
Case
Microcool Banchetto 101 (Alu)
Case
Corsair 570X
Operating System
Win 10 Pro
Operating System
Win 7 Pro
Monitor
ROG Swift
Keyboard
Ducky
Mouse
Spatha
CPU
6950X
Motherboard
ASUS Rampage V Extreme-10
GPU
Titan Xp
GPU
Titan Xp
RAM
G Skill 8x8GB 3200c14 @3400c13
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 Pro
Optical Drive
ASUS BR/DVD/CD
Power Supply
Corsair AX1500i
Cooling
2x360 Aq Copper Rads
Cooling
Aquaero 6
Cooling
Koolance ERM-3K3U (9-fan mora)
Cooling
Ek Full Cover MB waterblock
Case
CaseLabs Mercury S8
Operating System
Win 10 Pro
Operating System
Win 7 Pro
Monitor
AGON 32 inch
Keyboard
Das Pro
Mouse
Logitech G700
CPU
8700K
CPU
8086K
Motherboard
ASUS Maximus X Apex
GPU
GTX 1070Ti FTW2
RAM
2x8 GB G.Skill 4400c19
RAM
G.Skill 3600c16 4x6GB
Hard Drive
Intel 750
Optical Drive
PLextor DVD/CD
Power Supply
Corsair AX1500i
Power Supply
Corsair HX 1200i
Power Supply
Seasonic Titanium 850W
Cooling
360Rad + Chiller
Cooling
Koolance ERM-3K3U
Case
Corasir 570
Operating System
Win 10
Operating System
Windows 7 Pro
Monitor
55" 4K
Keyboard
HyperX Alloy FPS Pro
Mouse
SteelSeries Rival
▲ hide details ▲


Jpmboy is offline  
post #19 of 3637 (permalink) Old 10-26-2017, 03:51 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
done12many2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Virginia
Posts: 784
Rep: 75 (Unique: 41)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpmboy View Post

Just a base to work from . Delidded the cpu last night, sealer dried over the day.. installed, temps now in the low 60s running RB2.54RC2 at 5.3 with 1.344V LLC 5 (load is 1.328V). Cache is still stock. I'm really liking this 6 core processor!


Very impressive clock/voltage numbers.

done12many2 is offline  
post #20 of 3637 (permalink) Old 10-26-2017, 03:56 PM - Thread Starter
OC...D
 
Jpmboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 26,506
Rep: 1282 (Unique: 565)
Quote:
Originally Posted by done12many2 View Post

Very impressive clock/voltage numbers.

I think it's just average for the 8700K. redface.gif

ASUS Z370/Z390 Motherboard Support Thread, Coffee Lake OC Guide
GPUs For Sale
X299
(27 items)
x99
(18 items)
Z370
(19 items)
CPU
7980XE
CPU
7740X
CPU
9900X
Motherboard
ASUS Rampage VI Apex
Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus G9
Motherboard
Rampage VI Extreme Omega
GPU
2x Nvidia Titan V
GPU
GTX 1080
GPU
2 2080Ti FE / EK Vector Blocks
RAM
G. Skill 2x(2x8GB) 3600c15 @4000c16
RAM
Team Group
RAM
Two 4x8GB GS 3600c16 kits @ 4000c16
Hard Drive
INtel Optane 900P
Hard Drive
2x256 Plextor Raid 0
Hard Drive
WD Raptor
Hard Drive
Samsung Sm 961
Power Supply
Corsair AX1500i
Power Supply
EVGA 850 G3
Cooling
Aquacomputer GiGant 1680 (4x420)
Cooling
Koolance EXC-800
Case
Microcool Banchetto 101 (Alu)
Case
Corsair 570X
Operating System
Win 10 Pro
Operating System
Win 7 Pro
Monitor
ROG Swift
Keyboard
Ducky
Mouse
Spatha
CPU
6950X
Motherboard
ASUS Rampage V Extreme-10
GPU
Titan Xp
GPU
Titan Xp
RAM
G Skill 8x8GB 3200c14 @3400c13
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 Pro
Optical Drive
ASUS BR/DVD/CD
Power Supply
Corsair AX1500i
Cooling
2x360 Aq Copper Rads
Cooling
Aquaero 6
Cooling
Koolance ERM-3K3U (9-fan mora)
Cooling
Ek Full Cover MB waterblock
Case
CaseLabs Mercury S8
Operating System
Win 10 Pro
Operating System
Win 7 Pro
Monitor
AGON 32 inch
Keyboard
Das Pro
Mouse
Logitech G700
CPU
8700K
CPU
8086K
Motherboard
ASUS Maximus X Apex
GPU
GTX 1070Ti FTW2
RAM
2x8 GB G.Skill 4400c19
RAM
G.Skill 3600c16 4x6GB
Hard Drive
Intel 750
Optical Drive
PLextor DVD/CD
Power Supply
Corsair AX1500i
Power Supply
Corsair HX 1200i
Power Supply
Seasonic Titanium 850W
Cooling
360Rad + Chiller
Cooling
Koolance ERM-3K3U
Case
Corasir 570
Operating System
Win 10
Operating System
Windows 7 Pro
Monitor
55" 4K
Keyboard
HyperX Alloy FPS Pro
Mouse
SteelSeries Rival
▲ hide details ▲


Jpmboy is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off