AsRock x299 Taichi and Taichi XE Discussion Thread - Page 4 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

AsRock x299 Taichi and Taichi XE Discussion Thread

post #31 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-16-2018, 01:26 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Quote: Originally Posted by Scrimstar View Post
Is 1.275 VCore too much for daily use? Not gonna be running on load for more than 2-3hrs
Also, what is normal AVX limit? I set 4GHz for both.

Might want to try to overclock my RAM to 4GHz. It is samsung b die GSKill tridentz 3200 14cl
I think there is an Asrock RAM app but I am not sure if that's best, would also like settings to copy.
Looks a bit warm 102C on the package from only cinebench? I would back it down a bit

Acer X34A | Intel i9-7940X | ASRock X299 Taichi XE | RTX 2080 FE | G.Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 C16 QC - 32GB | NZXT Kraken X62 | Samsung 960 EVO | Fractal Define S Window | Corsair RM850i
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-17-2018, 05:20 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Scrimstar: you could start with the settings I posted on page 2, this should give you a very gentle 4.0GHz. Then move your way up if you think it's worth it. BTW your bios has an utility to make screenshots to USB drives, just sayin
post #33 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-25-2018, 05:28 AM
New to Overclock.net

So how has been your experience with the 1.60 update on Taichi XE?

Mine is pretty terrible, can't boot anymore whilst using XMP profile. I had the same issue in the past but managed to fix it later, just wrong XMP values were copied and put into the settings.

But now? No help, even bumped the RAM voltage to 1.45 from 1.35, didn't help. Still boot looping or getting BSOD during Windows login screen. Seriously.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-02-2018, 11:25 AM
New to Overclock.net

Edit: upgrading from 1.5 to 1.6 did not wipe out my UEFI boot entries (other than @#! windows10), so it's already a welcome bug fix. However, I saved my settings profile on USB key before upgrading, and could not re-import them in 1.6, says "file corrupted"... Glad again that I posted my settings on page 2. Another apparent bugfix: my LG43UD79 monitor would not wake up on cold boot, link is displayport, that was a PITA. I checked that I had the latest firmware on my nvidia card, but that was not it, 1.6 seems to have solved that problem as well. Other than that, I don't see any other apparent difference, but then again I'm far from pushing my hardware.

Last edited by U235; 12-15-2018 at 06:23 AM.
post #35 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 09:50 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 14 (Unique: 14)
after 1 yr ; had to get my G.SKILL TridentZ Series 128GB DDR4 3200 replaced ; due to two bad sticks
similar to my z97 ; two bad sticks ; had to replace the set
but glad that motherboard in good condition

do other memory mfgr have the same issue?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in