Official MSI MEG z390 ACE motherboard thread - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Official MSI MEG z390 ACE motherboard thread

post #21 of 207 (permalink) Old 11-11-2018, 01:36 PM
WAT

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Quote: Originally Posted by newls1 View Post
Auto does pretty well on this board BUT......... Look at what auto sets for your VCSSA VCIO Voltages.... it sets those two to 1.225 or something close to that, so go check, THAT IS WAYYYY TO HIGH. Set those 2 options to 1.05v. You are 100% corrrect, CPUz shows voltage way wrong with this board, and wonder if CPUz will ever get fixed or not. Ill Download HWinfo and see whats up. I did install that new beta bios, and all my mem benchmarks went up a little, so happy about that.
So I have a GSKill TridentZ RGB 32GB 4000mhz CL17 kit, and if the voltage is not adjusted that high on IO and SA then it won't boot. Mine is at 1.35 and I think it is fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 207 (permalink) Old 11-11-2018, 01:50 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 14 (Unique: 14)
yeah, thats true.. i didnt know you had 4000mhz ram

Nothing! Waiting for the 9900k and 2080ti to come out
post #23 of 207 (permalink) Old 11-11-2018, 03:01 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Yea rainbow1 not the Corsair header... just take the splitter out of the controller take the three pin out that u install in the first place then put in to the three pin header on the bottom on your motherboard... Do Not Put it in the four pin rgb header..... also while u are at it u can take out the controller and the USB that it is plug in to ur USB ... u only needs that if u are running cooler Master software which is bad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 207 (permalink) Old 11-11-2018, 03:03 PM
WAT

Quote: Originally Posted by Omega Cain View Post
Yea rainbow1 not the Corsair header... just take the splitter out of the controller take the three pin out that u install in the first place then put in to the three pin header on the bottom on your motherboard... Do Not Put it in the four pin rgb header..... also while u are at it u can take out the controller and the USB that it is plug in to ur USB ... u only needs that if u are running cooler Master software which is bad
Thank you! This got it working right. Didn't have a female to female way to attach the cpu cooler light, so just ordered one. Will be uninstalling the controller and USB cable once I get the extension cord I ordered. If you found out a way to hook up the CPU light without needing a separate extension cable let me know. Couldn't figure out if I had a part to do it a little while ago.
post #25 of 207 (permalink) Old 11-11-2018, 03:06 PM
WAT

Quote: Originally Posted by newls1 View Post
yeah, thats true.. i didnt know you had 4000mhz ram
So I have had an interesting experience with it. At stock clocks on the chip I can now get the XMP profile of it to load and run correctly with the new bios, however when trying to OC if I have it using XMP it won't do it. Thing BSOD's during stress tests within first few minutes. Downclocked it to 3733 CL17, a known 32GB kit that works on this board, and everything works fine. I think I will have to tweak it because right now I can run 5.0 at 1.25 vcore using auto oc settings, so there is room with my chip to up the voltage, and up the voltage on the RAM and Mem Controller on the chip. Just don't want to waste a whole weekend doing it at the moment.

This board delivers good power though. People were complaining it wastes a lot of energy, but it draws more energy to deliver more efficiently to the chip core I think.
post #26 of 207 (permalink) Old 11-11-2018, 03:07 PM
New to Overclock.net

Do anyone know what the 9900k oem is like that overclockers are selling... I wants to get another one.... one review said he got to 5.2ghz on it ... that can’t be real is it... they are selling bin cpu so wouldn’t there check to see what the oem cpu’s Are like first??
post #27 of 207 (permalink) Old 11-11-2018, 03:12 PM
New to Overclock.net

U just plug all rgb fans and pump cables to the splitter that came in the box should be four plug in then put it in the rainbow header it should be long enough without an Extension
post #28 of 207 (permalink) Old 11-11-2018, 03:38 PM
New to Overclock.net

When you talk about sa and io is that cpu sa and cpu io?? I also have 4000mhz ram and I can't get it to run xmp without crashing
post #29 of 207 (permalink) Old 11-11-2018, 08:37 PM
WAT

When you talk about sa and io is that cpu sa and cpu io?? I also have 4000mhz ram and I can't get it to run xmp without crashing
Yeah, those are the voltage going into the memory controller on the chip. I would check your ram manufacturer for what ram kits they have that work with it and maybe undervolt it down to a kit that works.
post #30 of 207 (permalink) Old 11-11-2018, 10:11 PM
WAT

U just plug all rgb fans and pump cables to the splitter that came in the box should be four plug in then put it in the rainbow header it should be long enough without an Extension
This made me remember I had used an extender for the pump RGB cable. Working perfectly now. Thank you.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in