(Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Owners Thread) - Page 279 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

(Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Owners Thread)

post #2781 of 3422 (permalink) Old 03-18-2019, 05:46 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 22 (Unique: 18)
Having a hard time understanding the behavior you are describing. Guess I got to see it happen to understand. Maybe if there was a Youtube video. Not asking you. I'll look for it myself.

My old X99 MSI Godlike does something like that. After a complete cold shut off when power button pressed it will warm up for a few seconds, different post codes will flash, and then shut off for a second and go back on. They say its memory training but its crap!

Anyhow upgraded to F8 based on promise of improved system stability. Still has trouble finding my Samsung 970 pro. Had to reboot for it to register.

Will see how it goes. Thanks.

Save with EVGA. Associate code: K8XL098LGS5O4WZ
Z390 Master
(8 items)
CPU
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Master
GPU
EVGA 1080 FTW2 SLI
RAM
Gskill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 PRO
Power Supply
Corsair HX1200i
Cooling
Custom water loop
Operating System
Windows 10 64
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2782 of 3422 (permalink) Old 03-18-2019, 06:03 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 370 (Unique: 263)
Quote: Originally Posted by davidm71 View Post
Having a hard time understanding the behavior you are describing. Guess I got to see it happen to understand. Maybe if there was a Youtube video. Not asking you. I'll look for it myself.

My old X99 MSI Godlike does something like that. After a complete cold shut off when power button pressed it will warm up for a few seconds, different post codes will flash, and then shut off for a second and go back on. They say its memory training but its crap!

Anyhow upgraded to F8 based on promise of improved system stability. Still has trouble finding my Samsung 970 pro. Had to reboot for it to register.

Will see how it goes. Thanks.
Ok, in F8b (the last bios where I verified this) and "maybe" sometimes in f8e(??), after a hard AC power off--when all AC power is completely disconnected (not talking about pressing the case button to shut off the computer), when you press the case button, the board will power on briefly, no POST codes or anything, then just power off and then power on again and post normally. It was only like 2 seconds. I also have NO idea if its related to the "Power loading" setting in the bios or not. It does NOT do this when plugging in the AC cable or anything so I can live with this.

In F8G, it would never do this. Instead, as soon as you flick the power supply switch on, or if the switch is already on but the AC plug is unplugged, plugging in the AC cable, the board will instantly "turn on" like it's warming up (no post codes, so its like the one above) and then turn off, and then wait for you to press the case button. This I cant live with.

I do not know if that happened in F8H or F8, couldn't be bothered to see. Maybe I'll try again after my delid kit arrives in a few days and I mess around some more.

[email protected] ghz, RX Vega 64, 32GB DDR4, Gigabyte Aorus Master, Seasonic Platinum 1000W, Corsair 760T
Alt: MSI GT73VR Throttlebook with 7820HK @ 4.7 ghz, GTX 1070 MXM TDP mod to 230W, 32 GB RAM
post #2783 of 3422 (permalink) Old 03-18-2019, 06:51 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 22 (Unique: 18)
Quote: Originally Posted by Falkentyne View Post
Ok, in F8b (the last bios where I verified this) and "maybe" sometimes in f8e(??), after a hard AC power off--when all AC power is completely disconnected (not talking about pressing the case button to shut off the computer), when you press the case button, the board will power on briefly, no POST codes or anything, then just power off and then power on again and post normally. It was only like 2 seconds. I also have NO idea if its related to the "Power loading" setting in the bios or not. It does NOT do this when plugging in the AC cable or anything so I can live with this.

In F8G, it would never do this. Instead, as soon as you flick the power supply switch on, or if the switch is already on but the AC plug is unplugged, plugging in the AC cable, the board will instantly "turn on" like it's warming up (no post codes, so its like the one above) and then turn off, and then wait for you to press the case button. This I cant live with.

I do not know if that happened in F8H or F8, couldn't be bothered to see. Maybe I'll try again after my delid kit arrives in a few days and I mess around some more.

Well I just tested my system with the F8 bios and powered it down cold and waited for complete discharge and powered on again with out issue or warm up behavior you described.

Save with EVGA. Associate code: K8XL098LGS5O4WZ
Z390 Master
(8 items)
CPU
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Master
GPU
EVGA 1080 FTW2 SLI
RAM
Gskill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 PRO
Power Supply
Corsair HX1200i
Cooling
Custom water loop
Operating System
Windows 10 64
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2784 of 3422 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 02:00 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Gigabyte z390 master interference issues

Does anyone have the non stop interference issues that i am having?
interference 24/7 while pc is on and makes interference noises just moving my mouse across the screen
driver version: Version 6.0.1.8619
bios F8
gigabyte z390 master
corsair 500d se
gtx 1080ti
i7 9700k
seasonic 1000 platinum

things i have checked/done:
moved wires from nearby cables
disabled bluetooth
disabled wifi
unplugged every usb plugged in
turning speakers off works but undesirable
unplugging the green line cable works;undesirable
unplugged the hd audio front panel plug-ins from motherboard

I came from a gigabyte gaming 7 z270 and an i7 7700k from before with 0 interference issues, the only thing that changed was the case, motherboard, processor.

Last edited by Talelorm; 03-19-2019 at 02:14 AM.
post #2785 of 3422 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 07:32 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Moparman View Post
I have had issues getting over 4200 with a few different kits with my 9600k and Master.
Is this what the RAM was rated for though or was it overclocked? I'm curious if anyone has tried the RAM that's actually rated for around 4400 MHz.

CPU
i9 9900k
Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER
GPU
EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XC - 11GB
RAM
G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series - 32 GB, DDR4 3200
Hard Drive
Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB Internal SSD
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNOVA 1600W Fully Modular
Cooling
CORSAIR Hydro Series, H115i RGB PLATINUM
Case
Cooler Master MasterCase MC500P
Operating System
Windows 10 Home
▲ hide details ▲
post #2786 of 3422 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 09:00 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 31 (Unique: 25)
Any Z390 Master owners having problems updating the BIOS from F7 to F8? I am trying to run Q flash but it refuses to detect my USB drive. I have USB settings set to detect legacy and also set to "auto" re: using as optical or storage drive, can't remember the wording exactly. The BIOS itself does detect my USB drive when I look at USB settings. But I cannot boot from it nor can the BIOS access it to flash the new BIOS. When I run Q flash it detects an A: drive and says unknown device, with some Microsoft EFI boot files it looks like. The only files on it are from the unzipped F8 BIOS file, but it is not visible in Q flash. I've formatted the drive and everything (it is NTFS), but not sure that even matters. I've never been unable to flash or update BIOS on any prior motherboard dating back to 2011. I'm stumped.

Edit- I previously updated from F4 to F7 just fine.

Last edited by jlp0209; 03-19-2019 at 09:06 AM.
post #2787 of 3422 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 09:07 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by jlp0209 View Post
Any Z390 Master owners having problems updating the BIOS from F7 to F8? I am trying to run Q flash but it refuses to detect my USB drive. I have USB settings set to detect legacy and also set to "auto" re: using as optical or storage drive, can't remember the wording exactly. The BIOS itself does detect my USB drive when I look at USB settings. But I cannot boot from it nor can the BIOS access it to flash the new BIOS. When I run Q flash it detects an A: drive and says unknown device, with some Microsoft EFI boot files it looks like. I've formatted the drive and everything (it is NTFS), but not sure that even matters. I've never been unable to flash or update BIOS on any prior motherboard dating back to 2011. I'm stumped.

Edit- I previously updated from F4 to F7 just fine.
Use a different port? And it should be FAT32 or FAT, not NTFS. Use Rufus to reformat your drive.
What I like to do is go to the memtest86 website, install memtest86 on the drive, then put the bios on it. That always works. Try it.

[email protected] ghz, RX Vega 64, 32GB DDR4, Gigabyte Aorus Master, Seasonic Platinum 1000W, Corsair 760T
Alt: MSI GT73VR Throttlebook with 7820HK @ 4.7 ghz, GTX 1070 MXM TDP mod to 230W, 32 GB RAM
post #2788 of 3422 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 10:07 AM
New to Overclock.net

What is the benefit of these two settings?
What happens if you have them at default (1.02 and 1.25?)
Like what exactly happens? Can you verify the difference?
After a few tests, I cannot confirm these values (1.16 and 1.31) improve the stability of my configuration compared to the AUTO ones. Same stability with AUTO values for "VCC PLL" (1.02)and "VCC PLL_OC" (1.25)

These were the values from EasyTune for 5.2 OC (I'm at 5.0/AVX 3 & uncore 43) so maybe I'm not at the "OC limit" where these values may have an effect on system stability.

I wonder why Gigabytes put these 2 values, there should be a reason...
post #2789 of 3422 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 10:08 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 31 (Unique: 25)
Use a different port? And it should be FAT32 or FAT, not NTFS. Use Rufus to reformat your drive.
What I like to do is go to the memtest86 website, install memtest86 on the drive, then put the bios on it. That always works. Try it.
Rufus did the trick, a handy little utility. Thank you very much. Updated just fine and redid all of my settings rather than just load F7 profile. Running my Prime95 29.5 torture test now, so far so good after 15 mins at my same settings as F7.

I just saw that you ordered a delid kit, you are a brave soul re: delidding a 9900K. I'm sitting this gen out as I'm fine with my CPU OC and voltage. And don't want to break anything when removing the solder. Interested to see your temp differences after you test.

Edit- I got a WHEA error after 20 mins of Prime. Crap. I'm not looking forward to tinkering again / adding voltage after work. My F7 OC was rock solid.

Last edited by jlp0209; 03-19-2019 at 11:18 AM.
post #2790 of 3422 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 11:24 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by jlp0209 View Post
Rufus did the trick, a handy little utility. Thank you very much. Updated just fine and redid all of my settings rather than just load F7 profile. Running my Prime95 29.5 torture test now, so far so good after 15 mins at my same settings as F7.

I just saw that you ordered a delid kit, you are a brave soul re: delidding a 9900K. I'm sitting this gen out as I'm fine with my CPU OC and voltage. And don't want to break anything when removing the solder. Interested to see your temp differences after you test.

Edit- I got a WHEA error after 20 mins of Prime. Crap. I'm not looking forward to tinkering again / adding voltage after work. My F7 OC was rock solid.
Go back to F7 right now and test the same settings and tell me if you get a WHEA error. The faster you go back the faster you'll find out.
Make sure all current, current protection and power limits are set to the same thing.
Oh wait you're at work right now?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in