(Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Owners Thread) - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

(Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Owners Thread)

post #21 of 2830 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 05:39 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Matthew - when will the Xtreme be UK available? I can't find a price on it, but if it's around by the time I'm ready to buy the Master then it's worth me spending some time looking into it to see if I can justify spending more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 2830 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 08:00 AM
New to Overclock.net

There is a user reporting LLC issues (voltage fluctuating) https://www.overclock.net/forum/6-in...l#post27684172

Any users of Z390 Aorus Pro/Ultra can confirm these issues?
Aorus Pro's hardware and value looks like killer choice, but these LLC reported issues are making me think twice.
post #23 of 2830 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 10:09 AM
Hardware Rep

Rep: 19 (Unique: 14)
Quote: Originally Posted by m9viper View Post
There is a user reporting LLC issues (voltage fluctuating) https://www.overclock.net/forum/6-in...l#post27684172

Any users of Z390 Aorus Pro/Ultra can confirm these issues?
Aorus Pro's hardware and value looks like killer choice, but these LLC reported issues are making me think twice.
Probably on an old BIOS. I have a master, I set 1.35 and under load it runs 1.368

Last edited by GBT-MatthewH; 10-25-2018 at 10:32 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 2830 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 10:34 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 212 (Unique: 186)
Quote: Originally Posted by GBT-MatthewH View Post
Probably on an old BIOS. I have a master, I set 1.35 and under load it runs 1.368
I read somewhere (I think on the Gigabyte site) that the Master can control the PWM fans based on GPU temps, not just CPU temps - is that true?

Meshify C
(16 items)
CPU
Intel i7 8700k
Motherboard
ASRock Z370 Taichi
GPU
Asus ROG 1080 Ti Strix
RAM
Team Dark Pro 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo 1TB
Hard Drive
Seagate Barracuda 4TB
Power Supply
Corsair RM850i
Cooling
Noctua NH-D15S
Case
Fractal Design Meshify C
Operating System
Windows 10 Home
Monitor
Sony KDL-40HX853
Keyboard
Coolermaster Quickfire Rapid TKL
Mouse
Logitech G403 Wireless
Audio
Sennheiser HD558
Audio
Philips Fidelio X2/00
Audio
Creative Sound BlasterX G6
▲ hide details ▲
post #25 of 2830 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 12:07 PM
Hardware Rep

Quote: Originally Posted by Cyph3r View Post
I read somewhere (I think on the Gigabyte site) that the Master can control the PWM fans based on GPU temps, not just CPU temps - is that true?
Yup, you can control any fan based off: CPU Temp, MOS Temp, GPU Temp, PCIe Temp, System Temp, or Thermistor Temps. Attached is a diagram of the temp sensors and locations.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Master Temps.png
Views:	290
Size:	382.3 KB
ID:	226954  

post #26 of 2830 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 12:13 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 212 (Unique: 186)
Quote: Originally Posted by GBT-MatthewH View Post
Yup, you can control any fan based off: CPU Temp, MOS Temp, GPU Temp, PCIe Temp, System Temp, or Thermistor Temps. Attached is a diagram of the temp sensors and locations.
That's awesome! I do not know why more motherboards do not implement this. I think Asus does - but you have to have an Asus Strix card.

I returned my Maximus XI Hero, and instead jumped ship to the Aorus Master (your presence on these forums being a contributing factor). Super excited to try it out.

Meshify C
(16 items)
CPU
Intel i7 8700k
Motherboard
ASRock Z370 Taichi
GPU
Asus ROG 1080 Ti Strix
RAM
Team Dark Pro 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo 1TB
Hard Drive
Seagate Barracuda 4TB
Power Supply
Corsair RM850i
Cooling
Noctua NH-D15S
Case
Fractal Design Meshify C
Operating System
Windows 10 Home
Monitor
Sony KDL-40HX853
Keyboard
Coolermaster Quickfire Rapid TKL
Mouse
Logitech G403 Wireless
Audio
Sennheiser HD558
Audio
Philips Fidelio X2/00
Audio
Creative Sound BlasterX G6
▲ hide details ▲
post #27 of 2830 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 02:22 PM
New to Overclock.net

The fan control is a big deal for me. I have a Maximus Extreme IX at the moment and the fan control is ok, but not quite where I want it to be. Loading a profile doesn't actually work properly and I have a fan that spins up and down fast despite manually setting long times and a different profile. Sometimes the fans don't follow the curve, you can see the orange dot indicating temp/fan speed is sometimes nowhere near the fan curve. I've been on Asus for a long time now so I'm keen to try something else in the hope it works better for fans. However it's probably fair to say that if I spent more time on it, and did it in BIOS rather than AI Suite I might have got somewhere.

This new build I'm intending running my rad fans off the water temperature, so I'll fire a plug/probe into the res and as confirmed earlier in the thread the Master board will be able to control it based on that. I'll also be able to run my pump based on CPU temps (maybe GPU temps?) and a single case fan based on VRM or board temps.
post #28 of 2830 (permalink) Old 10-26-2018, 11:08 AM
Hardware Rep

Quote: Originally Posted by Halk View Post
This new build I'm intending running my rad fans off the water temperature, so I'll fire a plug/probe into the res and as confirmed earlier in the thread the Master board will be able to control it based on that. I'll also be able to run my pump based on CPU temps (maybe GPU temps?) and a single case fan based on VRM or board temps.
Yup, so in BIOS or software (I prefer BIOS) you basically tell "Header X" to monitor "EC_TempX" then set the curve as you see fit.

Side note: For GPU based temp control you need to use the software because the BIOS can't "see" the GPU temp.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp pump based on probe.bmp (2.25 MB, 59 views)
post #29 of 2830 (permalink) Old 10-26-2018, 11:12 AM
Hardware Rep

Quote: Originally Posted by Cyph3r View Post
That's awesome! I do not know why more motherboards do not implement this. I think Asus does - but you have to have an Asus Strix card.
Our board shouldn't care what brand GPU you have... Here is a SS of how to set "System pump 5" (same as above) to go based off GPU temp.

Edit/Full disclosure when making a purchasing decision: Because we have 8 fan headers there are 2 super I/O's to control them. Only the 2nd controller can "see" the GPU. This means to control a fan based off GPU temps you need to use: System 4, System pump 6, or system pump 5 headers. See above for where those are located on the board (also labeled on the silk screen on the board)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pump to vga.png
Views:	134
Size:	303.5 KB
ID:	227230  

post #30 of 2830 (permalink) Old 10-26-2018, 11:12 AM
New to Overclock.net

Yeah, that was the final straw for me. It's almost certainly going to be this board.

I see you're working with EKWB on Aorus 1080 full cover blocks, are you bringing out any full cover block support for your 2080 ti with EKWB? I'm in the market for a 2080 ti too.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in