(Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Owners Thread) - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

(Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Owners Thread)

post #1 of 4667 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 09:17 AM - Thread Starter
Mr.4way SLI

Rep: 191 (Unique: 171)
(Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Owners Thread)

This thread is still under construction. Please be patient and thank you for understanding.

This thread is for the Z390 Aorus motherboard owners or future owners. We would like to be able to make this the go to for info, help, complaints, and suggestions about the board.
Lets make this thread helpful and respectful for all users. I will post a quick rundown of the board and links below for more information.

Gigabyte OC Guide https://redirect.viglink.com/?format...F525%2F946.pdf

UPDATE 11/11/18 Anyone using the Master and the metal XSPC backplate must bend or trim at least one of the capacitor pins on the back of the board as it will short out to the backplate. CHECK YOUR BACKPLATES ON ALL BOARDS AND PLEASE POST YOUR FINDINGS. I will update the thread as people post their findings.

UPDATE 11/8/18 WATCH YOUR COOLER BACKPLATES!!!!! both my waterblock backplates make contact with Cap pins on the back of the board. had to bend them.

Z390 AORUS MASTER link https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard...STER-rev-10#kf

Intel Z390 AORUS Master Motherboard with 12 Phases IR Digital VRM, Fins-Array Heatsink, RGB Fusion, 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Triple M.2 with Thermal Guards, ESS SABRE HIFI 9118, Intel® GbE LAN with cFosSpeed, Front & Rear USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C

> Supports 9th and 8th Gen Intel® Core™ Processors

> Dual Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs

> Intel® Optane™ Memory Ready

> 12 Phases IR Digital VRM Solution with PowIRstage

> Advanced Thermal Design with Fins-Array Heatsink and Direct Touch Heatpipe

> Onboard Intel® CNVi 802.11ac 2x2 Wave 2 Wi-Fi

> 125dB SNR AMP-UP Audio with ALC1220 & High-End ESS SABRE 9118 DAC with WIMA audio capacitors

> USB TurboCharger for Mobile Device Fast Charge Support

> Intel® Gigabit LAN with cFosSpeed

> RGB FUSION with Multi-Zone Addressable LED Light Show Design, Supports Addressable LED & RGB LED Strips

> Smart Fan 5 features Multiple Temperature Sensors and Hybrid Fan Headers with FAN STOP

> Front USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C™ Header

> Triple Ultra-Fast NVMe PCIe Gen3 x4 M.2 with Triple Thermal Guard

> USB DAC-UP 2 with Adjustable Voltage

> CEC 2019 Ready, Save Power With a Simple Click

REVIEWS
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...Sb4/edit#gid=0

PCIe diagram: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iN...QbnqQaDoJDmUme

OC Guide: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dpI...ew?usp=sharing

Temp Sensor info

Last edited by Moparman; 11-19-2018 at 07:31 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4667 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 09:17 AM - Thread Starter
Mr.4way SLI

Place holder Pics

Last edited by Moparman; 11-06-2018 at 12:29 PM.
post #3 of 4667 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 09:17 AM - Thread Starter
Mr.4way SLI

Ok the 2 files below are my F5 bios settings. I have found the F5 will not let me save bios to USB.

DISCLAIMER!!! These setting will not work for everyone and are only for your guidance on what worked for me.

My setup.

Z390 AORUS Master F5 Bios

CPU random retail 9600k

RAM Team Dark Pro 3200C14 Bdie

RD400 NVME 128Gb boot drive

GPU's 2x 780ti SLI with Aquacomputer full cover blocks.

PSU Firepower Firestorm 1050W gold PSU

Cooling. XSPC Raystorm Pro block using Tgrizz Kryo paste. 1x RS360 1x ex120 push pull on both. X20 420 bay res with D5 added for flow 3/8 and 1/2 XSPC soft tube.

CASE Rosewill RISE
Attached Files
File Type: zip 5.2-4133.zip (2.39 MB, 203 views)
File Type: zip 5.1-4000.zip (2.67 MB, 131 views)

Last edited by Moparman; 11-18-2018 at 07:00 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4667 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 09:18 AM - Thread Starter
Mr.4way SLI

Place holder TBD

Last edited by Moparman; 11-13-2018 at 08:39 AM.
post #5 of 4667 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 04:04 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 9 (Unique: 9)
Hi

I bought the AORUS MASTER Z390 which runs beautifully and cool with the F5 bios *but* I cannot yet get USB working with W7 (I would prefer to dual-boot as opposed to VM for running Pro-Tools).

Already started a seperate thread about it, but it is not the board's fault

Apart from this issue I am very happy with my purchase.

post #6 of 4667 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 06:42 PM - Thread Starter
Mr.4way SLI

Quote: Originally Posted by skummm View Post
Hi

I bought the AORUS MASTER Z390 which runs beautifully and cool with the F5 bios *but* I cannot yet get USB working with W7 (I would prefer to dual-boot as opposed to VM for running Pro-Tools).

Already started a seperate thread about it, but it is not the board's fault

Apart from this issue I am very happy with my purchase.
Glad you like the board. This thread is also going to be a place for everyone to post issues, Fixes, OC info and more.
post #7 of 4667 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 08:34 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 386 (Unique: 276)
Ok guys please help.

Should I even consider this board?
You know, my last board (i still own it) was the Gigabyte P67 UD5 B3, and I am sure you remember the problems with the bios, boot loops and the problems with them making a UEFI which they abandoned, and no working ivy bridge multiplier support, and the overvolting /LLC issues on it. So why should I give Gigabyte another chance?
What reason do they deserve after all the crap and BS they pulled in the past with the P67 and Z68 boards?

[email protected] ghz, RX Vega 64, 32GB DDR4, Gigabyte Aorus Master, Seasonic Platinum 1000W, Corsair 760T
Alt: MSI GT73VR Throttlebook with 7820HK @ 4.7 ghz, GTX 1070 MXM TDP mod to 230W, 32 GB RAM
post #8 of 4667 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 08:45 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 9 (Unique: 9)
Quote: Originally Posted by Falkentyne View Post
Ok guys please help.

You know, my last board (i still own it) was the Gigabyte P67 UD5 B3, and I am sure you remember the problems with the bios, boot loops and the problems with them making a UEFI which they abandoned, and no working ivy bridge multiplier support, and the overvolting /LLC issues on it. So why should I give Gigabyte another chance?
What reason do they deserve after all the crap and BS they pulled in the past with the P67 and Z68 boards?
Hi.

Had this board for a week now and had a reasonable play with it.

I have had zero P67/Z68 type issues with it, voltages seem very stable and accurate (tested with a DM), and the VRM cooling is excellent. The F4 bios was not brilliant and a little messy but the F5 bios is a definite improvement with more overclocking options.
I have had my 8700k up to 5.3Ghz with slightly less volts than my previous board, my only issue so far is no USB 3.1 drivers for Windows 7 (I want to dual boot for Pro-Tools support) which might also be an issue for other OS's too (Linux). Not really tested RAM overclocking much yet but the board was happy and stable with 5.3Ghz CPU on all cores and DDR4 3600 CL16.

The USB issue means no USB ports at all on desktop at the moment but obviously if you are using W10 this is a non-issue for you

I tested the USB 2.0 headers with the same result.

post #9 of 4667 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 09:01 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by Falkentyne View Post
Ok guys please help.

You're a trooper for staying on P67 instead of moving on to Z68, and one of the earliest P67 boards at that. UEFI was so fresh, and so many P67 boards had all those same issues, I mean I know because I probably had builds on all of the mid to high end P67 boards. Ivy bridge was iffy on plenty of Z68 boards, never mind P67, and overvolting from using excessive LLC is still a thing on many modern boards from all brands.

Maybe just saying it might not have been just an issue with that Gigabyte board from 8 years ago, and things have improved quite a bit in the years since, especially considering the glacier pace of Intel in that timeframe. All the board manufacturers have had a lot of practice getting it right, well the ones left that is.

post #10 of 4667 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 09:20 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 386 (Unique: 276)
Guess I'll give it a shot, then.
Just need to find a decent deal on DDR4. I do like the bios options.

[email protected] ghz, RX Vega 64, 32GB DDR4, Gigabyte Aorus Master, Seasonic Platinum 1000W, Corsair 760T
Alt: MSI GT73VR Throttlebook with 7820HK @ 4.7 ghz, GTX 1070 MXM TDP mod to 230W, 32 GB RAM

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in