Asus Maximus XI Extreme (Z390) problem with 4600Mhz memory search to take best because 4600 is impossible - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Asus Maximus XI Extreme (Z390) problem with 4600Mhz memory search to take best because 4600 is impossible

post #21 of 71 (permalink) Old 01-26-2019, 11:59 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 362 (Unique: 258)
Quote: Originally Posted by Fraizer View Post
haha probably... ^^

@Dillmiester

- i tried for the moment with the XMP 1 and i answer to the question after that "No" . i did right ? i put my memory voltage at 1.45v (constructor voltage) and i decide like this because i read on other post for high freq memory to put at vccio and Sa both 1.300v and i suceed to boot until 4500Mhz !!! ^^ after that i put on the VCCIO and SA both 1.250V it boot again but it took much much long time than 1.300volts...

- Can you please tell me wich XMP to load ? the XMP 1 or 2 ? (to understand: what is the difference between them ?)

- to boot at 4600Mhz i have to increase more than 1.300v the VCCIO and SA ?

DDR4 main timings is CAS, tRCD/TRP (usually set to the same value) and tRAS.
According to Raja @ Asus, to improve stability,
set tRAS equal to CAS + tRCD + tRTP (minimum value for tRAS). So in other words, tRTP should be equal to tRAS - TRCD - Cas.

Then set tWR = 2x (double) tRTP.
tRTP should never be less than 5.

I think @Jpmboy said this also.

[email protected] ghz, RX Vega 64, 32GB DDR4, Gigabyte Aorus Master, Seasonic Platinum 1000W, Corsair 760T
Alt: MSI GT73VR Throttlebook with 7820HK @ 4.7 ghz, GTX 1070 MXM TDP mod to 230W, 32 GB RAM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 71 (permalink) Old 01-27-2019, 02:02 PM - Thread Starter
Trying to learn ^^

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by Falkentyne View Post
DDR4 main timings is CAS, tRCD/TRP (usually set to the same value) and tRAS.
According to Raja @ Asus, to improve stability,
set tRAS equal to CAS + tRCD + tRTP (minimum value for tRAS). So in other words, tRTP should be equal to tRAS - TRCD - Cas.

Then set tWR = 2x (double) tRTP.
tRTP should never be less than 5.

I think @Jpmboy said this also.

@Dillmiester

about setting manualy the VCCIO & SA many people told me here to set it manualy and not automaticaly this was when i was oc my 9900K to 5.3ghz.

for the screens only the timing area ? (i am actualy booting in xmp at 4400Mhz when my memory supossed officialy do 4600Mhz at 1.45v.)

@Falkentyne

thank you alot for this information ! but unfortunatly i dont understood all... :/

i will post some screens

Guys is hard to post on 2 topics then i am trying to focus on one topics it will be great from you both to come on this one where i understand is better to post there for my case : https://www.overclock.net/forum/5-in...l#post27827150

thank you guys to assist me on this problem i create by byuying this crazy memory price for finaly nothing... i fault by doing that i will need to do nothing just load the xmp and have the best perfoirmences... :/
post #23 of 71 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 09:53 AM - Thread Starter
Trying to learn ^^

Hi guys

unfortunatly Jpmboy stop to help me on the steps he give me to follow. here https://www.overclock.net/forum/5-in...l#post27827150 maybe because my bad english and dont understand the techincal instruction as fast he hope. or my possible attitude resulting of my stupidity to buy those 4x 4600mhz not compatible with my motherboard for an crazy price... i dont know but he was already nice to help me to this level and understand some parts who will make the work more easy for who want to help me to finbish this overcloking

can you please tell me what to do next or even restart all if you think is neceassary to finish this overcloking ? i realy need to finish this overclocking to continue my project who is blocked actualy because that since many days.

realy need to finish this OC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 71 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 10:38 AM
@ASUS

Rep: 402 (Unique: 225)
If not well versed in memory overclocking, it's always wise to purchase a kit a notch or two below the maximum validated frequency. Moreover, not all CPU will be able to achieve 4600MHz. At this point, you're going to be better off settling for a more realistic frequency. Not only that, but the timings required for unconditional stability at these speeds offset the performance advantage. It's better to tune timings between 3600-4000K. Also, the Extreme is only validated to 4400Mhz, I honestly don't think you'll be able to achieve what you're looking for without a two DIMM board.

Quote: Originally Posted by Dillmiester View Post
Turn off Maximus tweak I believe its in thhttps://www.overclock.net/forum/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=27837264e memory presets at the bottom when you get inside that will loosen your timings quite a bit and from there you can tighten them.

On my freinds Hero you leave System Agent and VCCIO at auto they will raise pretty significantly automatically in relation to the frequency so setting them manually might leave you with too little.
When in the OPs situation enabling Maximus Tweak Mode 2 can help with certain modules/kits. When on the fringe of stability, it can help to set TRP one clock higher than tRCD, too.

Last edited by Silent Scone; 02-03-2019 at 11:06 AM.
post #25 of 71 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 12:34 PM
Not a Fan

Rep: 160 (Unique: 124)
Hi guys

unfortunatly Jpmboy stop to help me on the steps he give me to follow. here https://www.overclock.net/forum/5-in...l#post27827150 maybe because my bad english and dont understand the techincal instruction as fast he hope. or my possible attitude resulting of my stupidity to buy those 4x 4600mhz not compatible with my motherboard for an crazy price... i dont know but he was already nice to help me to this level and understand some parts who will make the work more easy for who want to help me to finbish this overcloking

can you please tell me what to do next or even restart all if you think is neceassary to finish this overcloking ? i realy need to finish this overclocking to continue my project who is blocked actualy because that since many days.

realy need to finish this OC
You already got a stable RAM OC of 4100+, that's better than most OCs. Other than seeing a number on a tab, I doubt you'll ever know the difference between 4100 and 4600. Then you changed BIOS versions, so all the work put into establishing the previous RAM OC was for naught - you gotta start over. On top of that, you were asked more than a couple of times to get a USB memory stick so you could post the actual BIOS caps instead of phone cam shots. If you are going to ask for help, you will need to abide requests from those offering the help.

Personally, I would try to get back to the 4100 stable OC you had previously. 4600 may not be achievable with your RAM/Board/CPU combination for anybody but very experienced overclockers well versed in every aspect of RAM OCing. You've got a nice set-up, it's time to quit obsessing over that last little bit of RAM OC and start enjoying the system.

Just my 2 cents with the admission that RAM OCing has brought me more headaches than any other aspect of OC'd system building.

If winning were easy, losers would do it.

It's got Async Compute, it's got what plants crave!
War Pig
(12 items)
Death Bomb
(9 items)
X-Rig
(15 items)
CPU
i9-7980XE
Motherboard
Rampage VI Extreme Omega
GPU
2080Ti FE
RAM
G.Skill F4-3600C16Q2-64GTZSW
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 Pro X4
Optical Drive
Pioneer BDR-209BDK
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNova 1300 G2
Cooling
HW Labs Black Ice GTX 420-480-2X240
Cooling
EK Supremacy Evo CPU Heatkiller IV GPU
Cooling
2X PPCs Bitspower D5
Case
Corsair 900D
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
CPU
I7-7700K De-lidded @ 5GHz
Motherboard
Asus Strix Z270i
GPU
Nvidia Titan Xp
RAM
G. Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ
Hard Drive
2X Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2
Power Supply
SeaSonic X750
Cooling
EK Supremacy EVO CPU. Titan Xp Full Cover w/Backplate, X-TOP Revo D5 PWM Pump, Res X3 110mm Res, HW Labs GTS 280 and GTS 240, Primochill Tubing & Revolver fittings
Case
Fractal Nano S
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
CPU
I7-5960X
Motherboard
Asus Rampage V Extreme 1502
GPU
EVGA Titan X
GPU
EVGA Titan X
RAM
G.Skill F4-3000C15Q-32GRK
Hard Drive
Samsung SM951 M.2
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB
Optical Drive
Pioneer BDR-2209
Power Supply
EVGA 220-P2-1200-X1
Cooling
EKWB Blocks, Fans, and Pumps, Rads
Case
Corsair 550D
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro Retail
Monitor
BenQ BL3201PH
Keyboard
Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8
Mouse
Roccat Kone Pure Optical
▲ hide details ▲
post #26 of 71 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 01:04 PM - Thread Starter
Trying to learn ^^

@Silent Scone

what mean OP's ? you recommand me toput at mode 2 ? about trp and trcd what you recommand me to put regarding my actual data on screens ?

@GnarlyCharlie

i dont have knowledge in that to know 4133 is very good, this why i bought 4600 i fault is working without all this settings, just choose the xmp and is good but even 2 of them dont reach that. then realy disapointed regarding the price but not about the help i get or will get.
I just hope to have the best settings i can get with those ram to justify a little the price i put. if is not possible at all to go up of 4133mhz with higer timing (but with better performences if no no sence to be higer mhz) then i will stay at this with i hope the best timing possible. but realy this part i dont understand how to oc it what value to put incase of this result etc... here i need help to the end this oc the best possible.

about usb memory i can understand some people can take bad even is readable, but i am not actualy living in big city where is local shop selling that and some duty and situation to solve. when we order online here we dont get an delevery in 1 day but can take 1 week. any way i get the delevery yesterday and now i am able to make bios screenshots

if somebody can help me to know what data exactly to put it will be realy nice, i can make the test bench etc you want and this very fast
post #27 of 71 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 01:47 PM
Not a Fan

Rep: 160 (Unique: 124)
@Silent Scone

what mean OP's ? you recommand me toput at mode 2 ? about trp and trcd what you recommand me to put regarding my actual data on screens ?

@GnarlyCharlie

i dont have knowledge in that to know 4133 is very good, this why i bought 4600 i fault is working without all this settings, just choose the xmp and is good but even 2 of them dont reach that. then realy disapointed regarding the price but not about the help i get or will get.
I just hope to have the best settings i can get with those ram to justify a little the price i put. if is not possible at all to go up of 4133mhz with higer timing (but with better performences if no no sence to be higer mhz) then i will stay at this with i hope the best timing possible. but realy this part i dont understand how to oc it what value to put incase of this result etc... here i need help to the end this oc the best possible.

about usb memory i can understand some people can take bad even is readable, but i am not actualy living in big city where is local shop selling that and some duty and situation to solve. when we order online here we dont get an delevery in 1 day but can take 1 week. any way i get the delevery yesterday and now i am able to make bios screenshots

if somebody can help me to know what data exactly to put it will be realy nice, i can make the test bench etc you want and this very fast
Of all the systems I've built in the last decade or so, I've only achieved the speed the RAM was rated for in one instance, all the others have fallen short - and that one system I got the rated speed on took many, many hours of tweaking. Just not worth it to me. If I want a 3200 RAM speed, I'll buy 3600 for instance and just get the best speed I can and be stable. If you are on the ragged edge of stability, RAM errors will toast your operating system and you'll have nothing but trouble. Lower your speed expectations, shoot for perfect reliability, and go on down the road. Unless, of course, the only reason you put together the rig was to dabble in RAM OCs and not intend to use it for anything else.

If winning were easy, losers would do it.

It's got Async Compute, it's got what plants crave!
War Pig
(12 items)
Death Bomb
(9 items)
X-Rig
(15 items)
CPU
i9-7980XE
Motherboard
Rampage VI Extreme Omega
GPU
2080Ti FE
RAM
G.Skill F4-3600C16Q2-64GTZSW
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 Pro X4
Optical Drive
Pioneer BDR-209BDK
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNova 1300 G2
Cooling
HW Labs Black Ice GTX 420-480-2X240
Cooling
EK Supremacy Evo CPU Heatkiller IV GPU
Cooling
2X PPCs Bitspower D5
Case
Corsair 900D
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
CPU
I7-7700K De-lidded @ 5GHz
Motherboard
Asus Strix Z270i
GPU
Nvidia Titan Xp
RAM
G. Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ
Hard Drive
2X Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2
Power Supply
SeaSonic X750
Cooling
EK Supremacy EVO CPU. Titan Xp Full Cover w/Backplate, X-TOP Revo D5 PWM Pump, Res X3 110mm Res, HW Labs GTS 280 and GTS 240, Primochill Tubing & Revolver fittings
Case
Fractal Nano S
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
CPU
I7-5960X
Motherboard
Asus Rampage V Extreme 1502
GPU
EVGA Titan X
GPU
EVGA Titan X
RAM
G.Skill F4-3000C15Q-32GRK
Hard Drive
Samsung SM951 M.2
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB
Optical Drive
Pioneer BDR-2209
Power Supply
EVGA 220-P2-1200-X1
Cooling
EKWB Blocks, Fans, and Pumps, Rads
Case
Corsair 550D
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro Retail
Monitor
BenQ BL3201PH
Keyboard
Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8
Mouse
Roccat Kone Pure Optical
▲ hide details ▲
post #28 of 71 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 01:59 PM - Thread Starter
Trying to learn ^^

i think i understand more or less with my bad english (realy not easy to understand when is an advance english on a subject i am not good on it) but i dont think it will solve to finish my overcloking of this memory. i cant return them or change them etc.. only to keep them and try with help to go to there maximum performences
post #29 of 71 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 02:03 PM
Knowledge is Success

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
@Fraizer

Let me tell you that you will have a very hard time trying to achieve 4600MHz (if) and let me add that for sure you wont even get close to it, i own a Maximus XI Extreme too and before i bought the Ram i made sure which Ram would work with the Motherboard, as far as i know 4266MHz is the max for the Maximus XI Extreme.

Next time before you buy Ram at least use the G.skill Ram Configurator https://www.gskill.com/en/configurat...471&model=3495

BlackWidow
(16 items)
SR 2 Prototype
(11 items)
CPU
Intel i7 8086K
Motherboard
Asus Rog Maximus XI Extreme
GPU
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING
RAM
G.skill F4-3866C18Q-32GTZ
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 Evo
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 Evo
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 Evo
Hard Drive
Western Digital Black
Hard Drive
Western Digital Blue
Hard Drive
Western Digital Blue
Power Supply
Enermax platimax
Cooling
Waterchiller
Case
Lian Li V3000
Operating System
Windows 10 pro
Monitor
Asus rog swift pg278q
CPU
Xeon X5677
Motherboard
Evga SR 2
GPU
Geforce Gtx 1080 classified
RAM
G.Skill RipjawsX
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo
Hard Drive
Western Digital blue
Power Supply
Enermax Platimax 80Plus Platinum OC Edition
Cooling
ARCTIC Freezer XTREME Rev. 2
Case
Lian Li PC-A75WX
Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate
Monitor
Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q
▲ hide details ▲
post #30 of 71 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 02:07 PM - Thread Starter
Trying to learn ^^

@Knoxx29

thank you for the link !! for sure next time when i will want to buy the ram i will look like crazy reviews technical data QVL etc...

But i am actualy no more trying to go to the 4600 i know is mission impossible... i am trying with your help on the forum to go to the maximum speed and timings of this memory

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in