Asus Maximus XI Extreme (Z390) problem with 4600Mhz memory search to take best because 4600 is impossible - Page 7 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Asus Maximus XI Extreme (Z390) problem with 4600Mhz memory search to take best because 4600 is impossible

post #61 of 74 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 11:18 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 85 (Unique: 76)
Quote: Originally Posted by Silent Scone View Post
If not well versed in memory overclocking, it's always wise to purchase a kit a notch or two below the maximum validated frequency. Moreover, not all CPU will be able to achieve 4600MHz. At this point, you're going to be better off settling for a more realistic frequency. Not only that, but the timings required for unconditional stability at these speeds offset the performance advantage. It's better to tune timings between 3600-4000K. Also, the Extreme is only validated to 4400Mhz, I honestly don't think you'll be able to achieve what you're looking for without a two DIMM board.

When in the OPs situation enabling Maximus Tweak Mode 2 can help with certain modules/kits. When on the fringe of stability, it can help to set TRP one clock higher than tRCD, too.
When working with an Asus XI Hero when loading the RAW Mhz profile it gave timings that were in the high 20's like 28 CAS and so on when I enabled Maximus Tweak it set primary timings around 18. In general I dont see how having the board set tighter timings would be advantageous to the OP situation when he already posted at 4500 with the RAW Mhz profile, clearly that wasn't happening with Maximus Tweak enabled. Is there anything dynamic about it cause it seems to be just another memory profile that will overwrite what the RAW Mhz profile set.

Here's a quote from you on the ROG forum.

"The Tweak Modes are predefined presets for memory sub-settings and timings. Tweak Mode 1 is better for some module compatibility, Mode 2 is better for overclocking. Either can give better results depending on the memory configuration."

If you could give more clarification on what its effecting maybe in the sub timings or otherwise it be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 74 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 11:30 AM
Knowledge is Success

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Quote: Originally Posted by Dillmiester View Post
In post #59 you said: He also mentioned booting at 4400, am i missing something here?

BlackWidow
(16 items)
SR 2 Prototype
(11 items)
CPU
Intel i7 8086K
Motherboard
Asus Rog Maximus XI Extreme
GPU
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING
RAM
G.skill F4-3866C18Q-32GTZ
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 Evo
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 Evo
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 Evo
Hard Drive
Western Digital Black
Hard Drive
Western Digital Blue
Hard Drive
Western Digital Blue
Power Supply
Enermax platimax
Cooling
Waterchiller
Case
Lian Li V3000
Operating System
Windows 10 pro
Monitor
Asus rog swift pg278q
CPU
Xeon X5677
Motherboard
Evga SR 2
GPU
Geforce Gtx 1080 classified
RAM
G.Skill RipjawsX
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo
Hard Drive
Western Digital blue
Power Supply
Enermax Platimax 80Plus Platinum OC Edition
Cooling
ARCTIC Freezer XTREME Rev. 2
Case
Lian Li PC-A75WX
Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate
Monitor
Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q
▲ hide details ▲
post #63 of 74 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 11:34 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Knoxx29 View Post
In post #59 you said 4400, am i missing something here?
Dude how about you go back and read what he said. The reason I said that is because if you didnt get the fact that he posted at 4500 maybe you'd realize he posted at the lower frequency too well above 4133.

Nice job exposing me there.

Last edited by Dillmiester; 02-07-2019 at 11:43 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 74 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 03:34 PM - Thread Starter
Trying to learn ^^

Rep: 0
hi guys

i am sorry to answer only now but i get no any more notification since my last answer... escuse me for that.

yes i succed to boot at 4400 and at 4500mhz (loading if i rember the xmp 1 profile. the 4400mh if i remeber at vccio & sa at 1.25 and 4500 at 1.30v both. but yes they was not stable but probably because trying with tight timing.

2 days ago i tried if i rember well at 4300 and make an test of stability with timers 19-19-42 (not sure for the 42 maybe ws on auto...) and i dont had error on gsat for 2 hours of stability test but each time when i restart widnows is take very long time to boot on bios and sometime i need to press F1 because oc error.

i make alot of test and lost days on that with my weak knowledgs and unfortunatly not realy help "for my level" since the help i get before. of course i understand is realy not easy for people to help on oc memory especialy in this case and about those 4600 who look its a way to make joke.

then after that i back to the 4133mhz with timing 16-18 and some other timing i get help with Jpmboy.

i make you an screenshot of my last oc bench data who is stable for 3 hours under GSAT. it will be kind to tell me what you think about and what values i can tight to optimise the timings.

Jpmboy took me to this step and respond after that. i am thankful he took me to this part but i wish to finish this optimisation to end this oc and give you the last bench with those 4600mhz.

after few days ago i succes to have stability at 4133mhz at 16-18. dimm voltage at 1.45v vccio and vsa at 1.2500v (we dont test under this voltage but propably after the oc will reduce them)...
his last message was to that:

Quote: Originally Posted by Jpmboy View Post
okay in bios - to start let's change

tWR to 18
tRFC to 425 (you can try 374)
tRTP to 8
tFAW to 36 (we'll lower this once we see it RDD_s can be lower... later)

try these in sequence, save a asrock TC snip if each will boot and post back (i need to see th eeffect on rtl/iol). Feel free to test stability "at your perference"
run an AID64memory test to see if there is benefit. Honestly, for 24/7 4133c16 is pretty damn good!

i suceed to do it (like you can see on the screenshot) with that tWR to 18 + tRFC to 374 + tRTP to 8 + tFAW to 36) but i get an strange thing when in bios i put tWR to 18 it show me on the soft ASRock Timing Configurator 19... then i put in bios tWR to 17 and on the soft ASRock Timing Configurator 19 it show now tWR to 18. i dont know if it is an bug of the bios (i updated since that but same) or an bug from ASRock Timing Configurator... or its somthing normal when we put an wrong timing...

But i dont get any stability problem aft 3 hours of GSAT with this value line stressapptest -W -M 28672 -s 7200 --pause_delay 7200

Falkentyne said i think an interesting information (but it was before i start the oc with Jpmboy) if i understand and calculate well i should have 5.

<<<<
DDR4 main timings is CAS, tRCD/TRP (usually set to the same value) and tRAS.
According to Raja @ Asus, to improve stability,
set tRAS equal to CAS + tRCD + tRTP (minimum value for tRAS). So in other words, tRTP should be equal to tRAS - TRCD - Cas.

Then set tWR = 2x (double) tRTP.
tRTP should never be less than 5.
<<<<

i never fault it will be something so complicated to help someone to oc memory, i learn that with that situation and realy all of you i thank you alot for the time you sepnd on my problem. i cross the finger with your help i will finish this OC

please rember my english is not so advanced

the 1st screenshot i join on this post is an XMP 1 profile i load + the custom oc without xmp of Jpmboy. i see gain in write and if agree i prefer to keep this xmp profile.

the second is the last one i make Jpmboy without xmp he make me load an 4x8gb new samsung memory single side profile (my memory if i am not wrong they are double side, need to be confirmed)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4133 XMP 1 4133 XMP  bench + tWR17 but it display 18... + tRFC 374 + tRTP 8 + tFAW 36 Last.png
Views:	18
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	252136  

Name:	4133 bench + tWR17 but it display 18... + tRFC 374 + tRTP 8 + tFAW 36.png
Views:	15
Size:	887.0 KB
ID:	252138  

post #65 of 74 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 03:52 PM - Thread Starter
Trying to learn ^^

here is the chips information of the stick 1 (they are 4 because i have 4 dimm sticks)

i dont know if it is usefull for oc... i get that with Thaiphoon Burner 15.0.0.1 free version.

i can post the 3 others sticks
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Stick 1 Data.png
Views:	11
Size:	823.6 KB
ID:	252140  

post #66 of 74 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 04:13 PM
New to Overclock.net

Those timings are pretty tight at the frequency your at now let alone increasing it without changing any timings. Thats why your unstable because your relying on profiles that are not made for these high of frequencies except the one that I keep repeating.

In your first post you said you tried XMP1 and 2 and didnt boot, so what was it that got you to boot at 4500 was it perhaps the loose timings you got from the raw frequency memory profile? In the way you responded to me thats what it seemed like.

post #67 of 74 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 04:24 PM - Thread Starter
Trying to learn ^^

hi Dillmiester

i tried with higer timmings like at 4300 19-19... but i get problems and this was with and without xmp (i tried at the end xmp). i spend so many days to make many stability test and trying many stupid timings.. probably all those test was usless... lol

yes you are right about what i said in 1st post but i realy dont know what i did i had an mem ok switch was enable and i understand it was not good and i think like small vccio vsa... at this moment was focusing the 4600mhz and i dont understand at this moment why it dosent work...

i think is better to focus of what i post actualy i know a little more in oc and i am just trying actualy to focus of what i can have the best with this 4 dimm i make run like an quad kit when it is an double kit and no QVL list.

i hope i understand your question and answered right
post #68 of 74 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 04:29 PM
New to Overclock.net

If you load the Raw Mhz profile and boot at 4500 and then try to load the XMP profile what is it going to do?

Im only trying to help you or anyone else that wants to understand im not trying to be a dick and Im not always right either.

post #69 of 74 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 05:03 PM - Thread Starter
Trying to learn ^^

@Dillmiester

you help me at the beging and even you just come now i am realy happy to read you and i know you are here to help me thank you a lot for that

about your question if i remember well i did that but dosent boot at vccio and vsa 1.2500v, only when i put at 1.30 both but when i run an GSAT it failed and my windows freez at 4400mhz it pass at 1.2500v but many error on gsat.

i tried too like i said at 4300 19-19-42 vccio & sa 1.2500v... (i was stupid to not wrot all my tast on a paper...) but i had the issue to restart the windows who take very long time like trying memory speed at boot. but here when i make an bench at this speed and timing i realise it was less better of the 4133 XMP + custom timing.

I have a problem with aida memory bench i dont know if its normal but the bench result are different up to 300 or 400points sometime and the reponse timing in nano seconds too... then not easy to know for every timing or freq if i get real gain.
this is normal ? or i have an problem ?
post #70 of 74 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 05:05 PM
New to Overclock.net

I didn't really mean that as a statement I posed it as a question to you.

I already know the answer I just want to see what you say.

Once again its coming from a place of love brotha.

*Edit
Also the language barrier is easier than you would think to overcome but the chain of events are critical in what you may be changing.

Last edited by Dillmiester; 02-07-2019 at 08:12 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in