Intel X79 Board and 1650V2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Intel X79 Board and 1650V2

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-01-2019, 09:26 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Intel X79 Board and 1650V2

Hello all,

I've been absolutely smashing my head against a wall here for most of the day now. I recently ordered an intel DX79SR motherboard and Xeon E5-1650V2 processor. The motherboard is brand new, original packaging and everything, but the processor is used. Anyways, I got it all together today, and it fails to even give a post code. I should mention that this is my first time working with any kind of X-series chipset. I've got a 00 code on the LED display, and a green standby light. The CPU fan spins just fine. I've tested with various known good ram in DIMM 1+2 and just 1. I tried the BIOS configuration jumper mode, and the only difference is that there's a sort of clicking sound from the Motherboard speaker, almost like a failing drive. The only thing I can think of is that the two are not compatible, and it may work with a new BIOS. Alas, I have no way of flashing the BIOS. One other odd behavior is that after reconnecting the power connections from the PSU (mind you the PSU was unplugged from the wall) and turning the PSU back on, the PSU fan and LEDs come to life! This does not happen on another working system, nor does it happen with the PSU on it's own. I'm ok with buying different parts, but I don't want to start throwing money if I don't need to. Any suggestions?
-Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-01-2019, 09:50 PM
Mr.4way SLI

Rep: 186 (Unique: 168)
Looking at the intel website they only show the E5-1620 being able to be used as far as E5 cpus and no V2 being iVY BRIDGE. Very odd. I had that cpu and the E5-1660 and loved them but I used Asrock and gigabyte boards. I currently run a X99 asrock board with the E5-1650v3. you might need to get another board.

Tags
dead motherboard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in