Maximus XI Extreme vs Formula vs Code vs Hero - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Maximus XI Extreme vs Formula vs Code vs Hero

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 01:53 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
SimplyQQ

Maximus XI Extreme vs Formula vs Code vs Hero

Hello,

I know there are multiple similar threads on the internet, and I must have read them all. However, I still cannot get a definite grip on what are the exact differences between these boards.

I want a board that will be put into a Meshify C case together with i9-9900k, 4x8Gb and RTX 2080 Ti eventually. Storage wise I'm going for 1x 970 PRO + 2x 970 EVOs. I'm not gonna do any crazy overclocking, nor watercooling, nor any RGB stuff, nothing fancy. I just want a MB which is best of the best regarding voltage regulation, component quality etc. My last built PC is still running 24/7 after 9 years, so I want this to be the same.

I don't care about the additional LAN chipset in Extreme/Formula, I don't have that speed cabling in the house.

What I also want is as many FAN headers as possible, which would also be PWM so that I can configure and monitor my case airflow the way I want.

From what I gather, only Extreme has DIMM.2 card which enables more than 2 nvme cards? It seems to also be the only one having fan extension card.

And here is where my understanding ends. The comparison at the ASUS site does not detail component differences, VRM phase count etc.

Can someone please help me pick a MB?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 01:41 PM
New to Overclock.net
Shawnb99 Level 1

If you don’t want or need the features of the Formula then I’d go with the Hero
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 02:46 PM
New to Overclock.net
Telstar Level 1

How high do u want to overclock? If it's 5,2+ with custom loop, the Apex and Gene are better than the other ROG boards. Otherwise pick what you want based on *features* and price.

WIP 2019:
Intel 9900k >5ghz | Asus Maximus XI Gene | Eisbaer 360 LT (custom loop in progress) | bequiet! Dark Base 700 white edition | RAM: TBD | Gigabyte RTX 2070 OC white | Storage: Intel Optane 900p 280GB + HP EX950 1 TB | Corsair HX850i | Benq BL3200PT 1440p | 1Gbit ftth |

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in