Overclock.net banner

Z77 Extreme4 turbo clock overclocking?

326 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  wingman99 
#1 ·
Hello there.
I have an asrock z77 extreme4, running a 2600k I got recently(used to run a 2500k until recently) . I started experimenting with it and I am at 4.5ghz at the moment. My question is, how can I change the turbo clocks only, so that my cpu doesn't run 4.5ghz all the time? I tried to set the turbo multiplier to 45 for all cores instead of changing the base clock, but it still runs 4.5 at all times.
Also, kind of unrelated, but from what I read most 2600ks tend to do 4.7ghz at 1.4v. Mine wasn't stable enough to run prime95 at 1. 42v. Do I have a bad overclocker, or is there any other settings that need tweaking? (running all default settings except multi, vcore and llc)
I don't think it matters but my specs are 2600k, z77 extreme4, corsair value 4gbs dimms x2, raijintek themis tower cooler, and a 7970.
Thanks in advance!

#2 ·
If you haven't manually disabled lower power states in your motherboard, then go to Control Panel/Power Options in Windows and make sure it's set to "Balanced", not "High Performance". This will allow your CPU to downclock when full speed is not required.

#3 ·
Did you disable Enhanced Intel SpeedStep is sometimes abbreviated as EIST. If you did switch it to AUTO or enable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.