ASUS X99-E WS / USB 3.1 W10 1903 Latency ntoskrnl.exe - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

ASUS X99-E WS / USB 3.1 W10 1903 Latency ntoskrnl.exe

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 07:25 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
ASUS X99-E WS / USB 3.1 W10 1903 Latency ntoskrnl.exe

I am getting 2000+ microsecond DPC latency spike measured with LatencyMonitor. The identified source is the ntoskrnl.exe.

This is happening with W10 1903, I don't get this error on the same system using W10 1809.

for troubleshooting to rule out my specific software loads; I did a clean install of 1809 and then previewed 1903 and ran all updates.

The problem this causes for my system is buffer underruns when running audio software/hardware for recording.

I have toggled Hyperthreading, OCing my chip, (always C-States off and Throttling, search off, SYSMain off, etc....) . Have latest nVidia quadro drivers for 1903. Windows updates all chipset drivers, (I can't install Asus drivers as they are older than those provided from Windows 10 updates).

I am curious if this is on anyone's radar here for your systems or if you have had similar issues. Given it is a near on/off correlation from 1809 to 1903 I surmise it is MS code, however working to find a needle in a haystack that says it might be something different that I am just not aware of. Working to avoid paid support via MS until absolutely necessary.

I would be grateful for any advise. Obviously locked down on 1809 for the foreseeable future.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 04:22 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
I'm having the same issue, however my system is an AMD one. 990FX MB, 8350 cpu

Last edited by midweskid; 05-27-2019 at 04:31 PM.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 11:52 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Same thing here with a 9900k ASUS z390 system. This seems like a Microsoft issue because my DPC Latency was fine in 1809 also. The weird thing is if I never looked at my DPC Latency just to see what it was looking like in 1903 I would never of known anything was spiking. I get zero stuttering in games or audio issues. Everything is smooth. Very strange issue. Possible reporting issue if they changed the way the kernel works?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 02:09 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by xV Slayer View Post
Same thing here with a 9900k ASUS z390 system. This seems like a Microsoft issue because my DPC Latency was fine in 1809 also. The weird thing is if I never looked at my DPC Latency just to see what it was looking like in 1903 I would never of known anything was spiking. I get zero stuttering in games or audio issues. Everything is smooth. Very strange issue. Possible reporting issue if they changed the way the kernel works?
Yep, I also would not have noticed unless DPC Latency Monitor was running.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 09:04 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 3)
I have the same issue on a ryzen 2700x + vega 64 system. It happens sporadically tho.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in