Best used 1155 motherboard out there? - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Best used 1155 motherboard out there?

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 07:09 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 18 (Unique: 17)
Best used 1155 motherboard out there?

Hi all. I'm looking for the biggest baddest cheapest used motherboard I can find. Something that would have came out of something like... a Dell Optiplex. But not necessarily that computer, just whichever one like that happened to have the best motherboard. This way, I can find it on ebay for somewhat cheap. I'm just building a new HTPC and I do want it to be the best I can get... for cheap. If that makes any sense.

Seems like some off the shelf desktop must've had a decent motherboard for Socket 1155. I've Got a Core I5 2500 that I'm going to run in it. Not the K model so it can't be overclocked. So you see why there's no point in me buying an actual good motherboard for it. My budget for the board is something like $12-$30. Just needs to be a motherboard that will work good for a 4k video HTPC, but I don't really know which ones are good and which ones should probably be avoided.

"Executing execution.exe"
Bang for the buck
(12 items)
CPU
3570k @ 4.6Ghz @1.35v
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77x UD3H
GPU
evga GTX 970 SSC
RAM
16Gb Gskill Ripjaws 2133Mhz @ 9-11-10-28
Hard Drive
Samsung Evo 850
Power Supply
Silverstone 900 watt
Cooling
Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme
Case
Silverstone Raven (1st edition)
Operating System
Windows 10 Spy Delux
Monitor
Xstar 27" PLS 1440p
Keyboard
Wireless ergonomic
Mouse
Logisys Wireless trackball
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 07:37 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-Optipl...6bb437d02d78bb

i've upgraded my optilex 3010 with some spare parts i've had/gifted : https://www.modsrigs.com/detail.aspx?BuildID=40667

about 4k video this will depend your cpu onboard vga and not the motherboard ,i think it can handle it.
(in case you get a usb header error message on boot,you will need to make a small mod to the green usb header ,just install a jumper on 8 and 10 pin)

Asus Rampage IV Black Edition,Intel Xeon [email protected],7ghz,Corsair XMS3 64GB DDR3(8x8),Samsung 950 PRO 256GB,EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 XC GAMING 8GB,Lian Li PC-60FNWB ,Corsair Gold AX750PSU,Noctua NH-D15 .
Asus Rampage III Gene,Intel Xeon [email protected] 4,5ghz,Corsair XMS3 24GB DDR3(3x8),Samsung 950 PRO 256GB.
Register your evga products.
Buy evga products with discount 5%-10%

Last edited by nofearek9; 06-17-2019 at 07:55 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in