MEG Z390 ACE - Ignoring Manual set voltages! - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

MEG Z390 ACE - Ignoring Manual set voltages!

post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 12:27 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
MEG Z390 ACE - Ignoring Manual set voltages!

Hi there,

As the title, spent a few days getting a stable overclock, stress testing etc. was really happy with it.

Then, last night, noticed 'system' temp was really high. Is normally ~30c regardless of CPU load but it was sitting at 50c!

Worried, I fired up HWinfo64 and some some scary voltages.

I'd set static in the BIOS:

CPU Vcore:1.33
VCCIO: 1.15
VCCSA: 1.2

DRAM: 1.42
PCH: 1.050

but in HWinfo i was seeing:

CPU Vcore:1.41
VCCIO: can't remember
VCCSA: can't remember

DRAM: 1.44
PCH: 1.170

Worried I was about to melt the PCH, i rebooted to the BIOS, and sure enough, it was showing these voltages. Loaded factory defaults, rebooted and the voltages remained stuck there. Did a CMOS clear, and that finally reset them back to standard levels.

What happened here? If I hadn't noticed, I could have potentially killed the board!

As per the attached image, should I be locking down any other the other voltages that I've left on auto?

Why the hell would the system set PCH to a voltage that high?! I mean, it's only another ~100mV but still, raised temps 20c so obviously not a good thing.

Thoughts appreciated
Attached Images
File Type: bmp MSI_SnapShot.bmp (2.25 MB, 1 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in