Forum Jump: 

Intel Wi-Fi AC query

post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 07-28-2019, 07:35 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Intel Wi-Fi AC query

Hi,

I'll try to keep it brief.

MSI motherboard Z170 A Tomahawk - there is an AC version and an non-AC version = AC has WI-fi the other does not.

Both boards have a dedicated M.2 slot for "Intel 8260 Wi-Fi Bluetooth Module" - there is also a WIFI bluetooth bracket - and antenna bracket (for back of PC case)_2 x screw on antenna's and CD/DVD drivers disk seen on the very first page on the USER MANUAL PDF.

Now is it possible to buy a kit with all of this in??? - Quite cheaply? - I've seen little bits of the kt online but not the whole lot?

>>>I do have a Fenvi WiFi PCI-e card which is excellent - and this is the best choice but I ask about this in case anyone knows of a ready to go to solution to use a dedicated M.2 / NGFF WiFi included on a motherboard.

Presumably Intel make these for MSI.

If someone knows of this please mention - if not I'll just leave it as it can be a wild goose chase
Attached Files
File Type: pdf MSI Z170 TOMAHAWK UM.pdf (6.70 MB, 1 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in