Intel Z97 (ROG Hero) Failing Raid Controller? - Inaccessible Array's - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Intel Z97 (ROG Hero) Failing Raid Controller? - Inaccessible Array's

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 08:32 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 8 (Unique: 6)
Intel Z97 (ROG Hero) Failing Raid Controller? - Inaccessible Array's

Hey guys so lately I've been having a problem the last few weeks, I'll try and keep it short but that probably won't happen.

I've got a Z97 ASUS ROG Hero board and lately the raid controller simply hasn't been functioning. I had two arrays, two drives in each in Raid 0. Everything was fine until a few weeks ago when the array failed to initialize in Windows. The controller seemed to work but the array was not accessible in the OS.

I wiped the arrays because they were obviously corrupt, re-created them rebooted and it hung during boot. Did the same thing again, wiped drives disable raid mode, re-enabled it then the controller said the array's failed. Disable raid mode put it in AHCI for my boot SSD system booted. Got into the OS drives showed up independently. Rebooted recreated the array's system booted but the drives were only recognized on their own not in the array meanwhile the controller said they were in raid 0.

Now when I put the system into Raid mode it won't boot at all it will just hang and reboot over and over until Windows goes into recovery mood.

So after all that, is my raid controller dead or dying?. I even tried to force it into raid using Intel RST and it just says and error occurred and won't launch.

All drivers, bios etc are updated, did a fresh Windows install and all drives seem to be able to be formatted on their own just not in raid. No other connectivity seems to have been lost.

Giggity
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 09:40 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Bump?

Giggity
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 11:23 PM
Custy

Rep: 11 (Unique: 8)
Using the iRST version from mobo site? Newer ones always malfunction on my old 4770k rig.

Seems like something Windows update might break

sf
(7 items)
CPU
i9-9900k
Motherboard
Phantom SLi/ac
GPU
1660 SC Ultra
RAM
16Gb G.SKill 3200
Hard Drive
970 Evo
Hard Drive
660p
Power Supply
Corsair CX650
▲ hide details ▲

Last edited by Rocklin; 08-11-2019 at 11:49 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 10:04 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Rocklin View Post
Using the iRST version from mobo site? Newer ones always malfunction on my old 4770k rig.

Seems like something Windows update might break
Yeah I even tried using the default one the board came with and it didn't change anything and lately it seems as if my drives have been parking because I can hear them spin up when I try and access them even though all power saving features have been disabled. I figured if it kept dropping the hard drives from an array it would be a chipset issue but I can't really tell because of how the problem occurs it's almost instantly either during boot or go to access a drive and it's automatically corrupt

Giggity

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in