changing MOBO on same Windows HDD - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

changing MOBO on same Windows HDD

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-08-2019, 09:30 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
changing MOBO on same Windows HDD

Hi,

During the installations of various motherboards - Lets say Asus motherboard XYZ was being used, complete with the APPS for that motherboard for the utility software for that specific motherboard.

Then say I switched (which I did to try another board)_lets say MSI motherboard XYZ - With the same installation of Windows etc......

All that is needed is to install the drivers for MSI motherboard XYZ for it to function correctly - OK

But there was a little problem that I overlooked - the utility software for ASUS motherboard XYZ was still on the desktop and could not be removed because the Asus board was no longer being used and for some reason the add remove programs did not work

>>>> Is it possible to use a dedicated un-installer program for hard to remove programs if this occurs again in the future? - (which it will as it's a good time saver sometimes)

Glarysoft have an un-installer program - there will be others but any good advice here appreciated to avoid annoying little problems here and there - Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-08-2019, 09:35 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 544 (Unique: 309)
i'd be surprised if you couldn't find a community made uninstaller for this exact purpose.

if not, you'd just have to google up a reputable random one & whack away.

I've always been paranoid, so I keep a windows image on a thumb drive, with an essentials installer sequence. it installs os, licenses, creates your user account, n installs apps. all within like 10 minutes n only a few clicks.

R.I.P. Zawarudo, may you OC angels' wings in heaven.
If something appears too good to be true, it probably is.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-08-2019, 10:15 PM
Invalid Media

Rep: 22 (Unique: 12)
...if OP feel courageous, he/she can hack away at anything 'Asus..(AI suite?)' in the windows registry...been there, done that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-09-2019, 08:05 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
No need to hack away at anything! - Just a problem that was experienced - Of course the original board can be installed and the apps removed - Just thought I'd ask here to see if anyone had a good idea - I'll see what can be done if and when the problem occurs again.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-09-2019, 08:57 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 544 (Unique: 309)
something I said to the T2 dude @ work today

"bro, it's literally ALL in the registry... That doesn't mean you should go in there & start clear cutting"

"nah man, it was gonna be a precision strike"

mhm, we all know how precise those are.

R.I.P. Zawarudo, may you OC angels' wings in heaven.
If something appears too good to be true, it probably is.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in