P67-UD4-B3 Ivy bridge issues. - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

P67-UD4-B3 Ivy bridge issues.

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-21-2020, 08:01 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 63 (Unique: 49)
P67-UD4-B3 Ivy bridge issues.

Quick backstory. I ran an Asus P8P67 Pro Rev 3.0 with a 2500K clocked at 5ghz (stable) and a 3570K at 5ghz (stable) for a few weeks. Both CPU's ran and overclocked fine. I bought a P67A-UD4-B3 on ebay because sometimes the P8P67 refuses to see or use two dimms. The two furthest away are dead.

So, with that said. The 3570K initially did not post. I put the 2500K in, updated to the latest BIOS and then the 3570K posted. But... changing anything in the bios results in a boot failure with a message saying that overclocking has caused a boot failure.

Secondly, the 2500K gives me the option to overclock via turbo multiplier in the BIOS. The 3570K recognizes as a 3570K correctly, but I have no option to overclock. The turbo options are greyed out.

Here is with the 2500K, QnD overclock.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	222.PNG
Views:	30
Size:	133.1 KB
ID:	348060  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-21-2020, 08:32 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Nevermind, I see it's a BIOS issue.... Way to go gigabyte. Going on ebay.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-22-2020, 02:36 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 60 (Unique: 49)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-22-2020, 01:10 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Thank you, ucode. I went over pages of that post numerous times. I tried flashing to a different BIOS but it keeps telling me its invalid or the wrong one lol.

I've had several Gigabyte boards in the past, all great. I can't believe they dropped support like that.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-23-2020, 03:01 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 60 (Unique: 49)
It was during the time of change from legacy BIOS to UEFI and Gigabyte did seem to be having problems. On the other hand they provided the means to update the ME firmware on my Asus P67 Evo (pre IVY) which a well known Asus Rep said was impossible to do, so was grateful for that.

Seems that linked post above is using a modified Z68 BIOS, I would certainly have an SPI programmer before hand to be able to restore a backup of the original BIOS in case things go awry. Stasio, the poster of that mod is very helpful so if you wanted to pursue it I would think he would help if asked.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-23-2020, 09:19 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

I have had success flashing an old FM1 HP board (you can see at the link below) back about 6 years ago.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Deskto...d/td-p/4196822

I might try to force flash something on. Worse case I'll just buy an ASUS board and call it a day lol.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-23-2020, 11:01 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

I fooled around with the BIOS for a little bit. Got stuck in boot loop hell, it kept throwing a checksum error and updating the main bios with the recovery bios before I could even get into the BIOS...

Either way, this board is garbage. Once I got it to boot, I tried to get into windows only to realize I had the HDD set to IDE instead of AHCI. No biggie, change it and... boot loop hell all over again. Clear CMOS didnt work, pulling all the ram out didn't work. I had to pull the cpu, put an i7 2600 in, boot to BIOS, then put the 2500K back in. From there it worked. Simple fix, but I just freshly applied CLU so wasting that was nice.

This board also required a stupid amount of load vcore to stay stable. The P8P67 Pro I need 1.576v under IBT to stay stable. 10 runs at High and I never had any other issues. This board needs 1.644 to be stable, and even then performance (benchmarking numbers) are not consistent. Its not thermal throttling, the VRM's are not hot to the touch yet I get wildly varying scores from run to run.

All around junk board. I was a few seconds away from just tossing it out in the front yard and going back to the Pro Gaming Aura / 8320 combo.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in