Realtek HD Audio Manager - Universal Jack (Retasking) - IP35 Pro XE - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Realtek HD Audio Manager - Universal Jack (Retasking) - IP35 Pro XE

post #21 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 09:29 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Did you do this part as well?
Quote:
Now that you have that open, you want to click on the little wrench key next to "Analog" and tick the box next to "Enable auto popup dialog, when device has been plugged in".

With that done, you can just plug the device you want to remap out and back into the jack, and a popup should come up asking you what you want it to be.

To clarify: once you have the popup enabled, you need to plug the device out then back in. At that point should the popup show up. Note that while all jacks should support all functions, it's not necessarily true for every jack.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 07:13 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
I don't know if you can switch outputs and inputs. The Realtek chip specifications say that you can, but maybe the motherboard hardware doesn't support it. Or maybe the driver writers were just short-sighted -- after all, they removed the ability to even switch outputs in the recent versions for no good reason.

When I tried to use an output as an input on my ASRock Z77 Extreme4, I got a popup that said something like "this jack doesn't support that function".
post #23 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-07-2013, 04:24 PM
New to Overclock.net

Thx all, the register fixed did the magic for me. Have now sound on my stereo and headphones smile.gif.

The only problem I now have to fix is that my remote control for my stero is not working, and I cant mute just 1 jacket it seems wink.gif.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-08-2013, 02:28 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wezdor View Post

Did you do this part as well?
To clarify: once you have the popup enabled, you need to plug the device out then back in. At that point should the popup show up. Note that while all jacks should support all functions, it's not necessarily true for every jack.
I registered just to thank you for this!

I was VERY disappointed when my brand new upgrade Asrock Z77 Extreme4 motherboard for some reason didn't support jack retasking. Why on earth would they lax in enabling that feature? Seriously, if I had known about this before hand, I would never have bought one of their motherboards.

After reading this thread and trying your advice, I finally managed to retask my rear speakers to front ones. Thanks for the effort!

By the way, I first needed to end task my current Realtek manager and background service before the app would launch.
post #25 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-11-2013, 07:03 AM
New to Overclock.net

Hi guys, I need help! sadsmiley.gif
The sound connector on my laptop broke and now I'm trying to configure the microphone connector for output.
However, whenever I set the pins in regedit they return to original configuration after restarting the notebook.
It is a Realtek ALC883, Driver R.2.19 for Vista x64 6.0.1.589 (because the newest have noise).
I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate x64.
Can anyone help me?
(Excuse me by Google Translator)

post #26 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-05-2014, 08:08 PM
New to Overclock.net

hi i did this than it came up with this after i hit ok
please help
post #27 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-01-2014, 07:09 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliah_ View Post

I just spend a good hour or so struggling with the same issue. At least for me the instructions above don't work, maybe because something has been changed in an update or something.

Anyway, it appears the pin numbers have changed and the mappings won't appear in the registry unless they differ from the default.

hex values have remained the same:

"00 00 00 00" = Line-in
"01 00 00 00" = Mic-in
"02 00 00 00" = headphones
"04 00 00 00" = Front speakers
"05 00 00 00" = Rear speakers
"06 00 00 00" = Center/sub-woofer
"07 00 00 00" = Side speakers

However the new pin numbers now (mostly)correspond with the hex values!

"Pin10" = Line-in (blue)?
"Pin11" = Mic-in (pink rear pink)?
"Pin14" = Front speakers (green rear)
"Pin15" = Rear speakers (black rear)
"Pin16" = Center/Sub-woofer (Orange rear)?
"Pin17" = Side speakers (rear gray)?
"Pin19" = Front Mic-In (front pink)
"Pin1b" = Front Headphone (front green)

These are the defaults, i am not completely sure about all of these though.

I only wanted to re-task the rear black connector to front speakers, since the front panel on my case is broken and i also have to plug the headphones to the back of the case.

So for example, to re-task "rear speaker" pin as a front speaker you have to add to:

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\C ontr ol\Class\{4D36E96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0000\Settings\DevType_0888_SS147b108 3"

This binary value:

Pin15 "04 00 00 00"

or front headphone as side speakers:

Pin1b "07 00 00 00"

Then reboot!

You will have to add these by hand, the mappings don't show up by default, but if they do and correspond to the instruction above follow them.

Hope this helps, and sorry for my potentially bad english.

I just want to add to this that the actual registry key path may be slightly different on other peoples systems. However, the path "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\ should contain several subkeys (on my system 0000 - 0011 and one called Properties). If 0000\Settings does not have any subkeys, look in the other numbered folders for a key that looks something like the key Eliah_ is refering to here (like DevType_0888_SS147b1083). On my system, the correct path to this key was HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e96c-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0009\Settings\Drv7040_DevType_0887_SS10438444. Just remember that systems are different, and while the advice in Eliah_'s post still are current some settings in operating systems, drivers, applications, etc. may have changed since it was originally written (and as such, causing this kind of change).

I'm sorry for necroposting, but since this actually works and still is relevant, I don't feel like it's all that bad. thumb.gif
post #28 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-09-2014, 03:55 PM
New to Overclock.net

Hey All,

Was running from forum to forum trying to solve this. I have z97 mobo that I upgraded recently, old mobo allowed me to hotswap in windows. Followed various instructions, including those from reaper-x, all to no avail. Changing pins in the registry changed back upon restart. Also, in my registry only 4 pins were listed: Pin15, Pin18, Pin19, and Pin1a. Any attempt to modify or delete those values was undone whenever I restarted.

What I was trying to do: Have a pair of speakers sitting on my desk and a pair of headphones both take output as though they were the front speaker. I then turn my speakers on or off depending on whether I want to listen through headphones (speakers off) or just in the room (speakers on)

WHAT WORKED (for me): Brute force! Rather than trying to pick the RIGHT pin, I just took all non-listed pins and set them to binary value 04 00 00 00.

When I rebooted, I opened up the realtek audio HD program and low-and-behold, my orange jack had become a front speaker!

If you are so inclined, you could also go through and delete each pin you added to figure out exactly which one caused the switch, or add more pins in the "Pin00" through "Pin0F". Just adding in all the pins as 04 00 00 00 (front speaker) solved my problem so I'll leave it here.

NOTE: If you are using a setup that already uses the orange jack, remapping this won't help you unless you don't mind losing the center/sub. This will only work if you are just trying to get two 'front speaker' outputs, without a more complex speaker setup.

Hope this helps!
post #29 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-12-2014, 05:30 AM
New to Overclock.net

I know I'm a bit late to the party, but would there be any way to force the L/R channels of headphones to switch? I know I could mess about with cables, where my heaphones on back to front etc, but that still doesn't go down to the problem, that it only happened after updating the realtek drivers!

Everything before then was fine. It seems to have changing some setting deep in the reg settings, because even if I put in a different sound card, I have the same problem. Please understand, I know it's not a problem with wiring, wearing my head on back to front etc, I know it's some driver/setting problem that's caused this. I've tried going back to older drivers, but still the same problem. I really don't feel like reinstalling windows to fix this problem.

Also, my speakers are fine, it's just the headphones are switched for some reason. I've tried all the normal stuff, of uninstalling, reinstalling the old version of drivers, etc, etc, etc, I've even stuck in a different soundcard, but still the same problem.

I'm not the only person on the net with this problem. (I'm not a noob, I've been building PCs for over 20 years, but I've never had a problem like this before) Hopefully someone can help?! Thanks!
post #30 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-28-2015, 10:37 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 31 (Unique: 30)
I have a final solution to keeping the manual binary changes made via regedit forcing Realtek to allow remapping of pins (which will only show if plugged in and in use), after remapping and first restart Realtek will show changes by hovering over the plug color (I remapped one of my other rear ports into a headphone port with my original output left as default for my speakers witch have a volume switch attached to the speakers for manual control, and I can now use both my headphones and speakers through remapped ports on the rear on my rig) anyways.... upon restart realtek will go back and change my remapping back to default and I am left to redo my mapping everytime I restart, or disabil realtek or any other hair brain idea that is just a hassle.

Simply export and save a copy of the binary to a folder of that specific folder ( HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\00XX\Settings\DrvYYYY_DevType_YYYY_SSYYYYYYYY) and if I have to ( god forbid) unplug my headphones or restart my computer, I can simply click this saved binary to revert my changes back to how I need them. I may have to do my initial restart again but its better then hunting down all this info again!

Also to anyone that may start again with help me figure this and that, simply make sure to plug in everything you want to use to make pins appear. you can read what each pin is doing by knowing the Binary code to the action of each pin

"00 00 00 00" = Line-in
"01 00 00 00" = Mic-in
"02 00 00 00" = Headphones
“03 00 00 00″ = Front speakers 2nd Output
"04 00 00 00" = Front speakers
"05 00 00 00" = Rear speakers
"06 00 00 00" = Center / sub-woofer
"07 00 00 00" = Side speakers

and change the pin you want remapped. NOT EVERY PIN, although that would work...its just not sensible.

If you are having troubles finding the folder with settings to find the pin because the list gives from 0000- 00XX, just click each and look for PIN XX to show and refer back to the binary command list above. Everything else # wise is different depending on what your computer may be.

Other than that good luck.thumb.gif

110100100 cigar.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in