Trouble with BIOS on a i810e - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

Trouble with BIOS on a i810e

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-18-2004, 10:56 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
The challenge: (please excuse unnessary info)

Compaq Presario 5000, 5BW130

Celeron 667 MHz
CPU ID :683
Brand ID :1
Revision :B0
Codename :Coppermine
Front Side Bus Speed :66 MHz
Mobo: Intel 82810E 810e

Now for the problem: I've got this thing totally de-compaqed, and I'd like to hold onto it a little bit longer. I'd like to do a simple oc by bumping up the FSB speed to 100 MHz, but the BIOS isn't cooperating with me. It shows what the settings are, but doesn't allow for manipulating them.

Do I need to go in and physically manipulate jumpers? Can I install new BIOS? Is there 3rd party software that would do these things?

I know it's probably less trouble to get a new system, but I'd like to try this, if only to learn how to improve my rig in the future. I have the skills, but not the vocabulary or specific knowledge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-18-2004, 11:12 PM

welcome to the forum!!!!!!!!!!

i sorry to tell you this but all manufactor pcs cant be oced unless you download a program like clockgen form www.cpuid.com i suggest you get a new rig
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-18-2004, 11:20 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Thank you for the welcome ^_^, sorry I didn't say hello before posting before, but the damn computer's been giving me fits.

As for not being able to oc stock machines; I was afraid it was something like that. Back to the drawing board.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-18-2004, 11:22 PM

do you want us to build you a ultra rig?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-18-2004, 11:46 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThE_GeNeRaL
do you want us to build you a ultra rig?
Heh, I wouldn't complain! Best I can figure, I only need a new processor, RAM, case, and mobo. Okay... so it's not exactly "only"...

Imagine my surprise when I tried to update the BIOS for this motherboard, only to find that it's not just old tech... it's -forgotten- tech. This thing's been built up from scavenged parts over the past 3 1/2 years to the point where it can't expand anymore. Of the four PCI slots, one's ethernet, one's TV tuner, and the other two are video cards (Triple monitors). My girlfriend lovingly refers to it as "The Falcon" or "The Pile of Junk". (not bad for an old Presario)

But, as of now, I'm going to bed. I return tomorrow, hopefully rested, probably cranky. (gives my rig a friendly kick)
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-19-2004, 03:17 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 14 (Unique: 12)
i'm not sure if it's possible to overclock manufactured computers ( even old ones). So I can't giive you much info on that.

I Suck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in