Anyone using Abit IC7? SATA Woes... - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

Anyone using Abit IC7? SATA Woes...

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-20-2004, 03:26 PM
Retired Staff

Rep: 595 (Unique: 324)
yeah...but seriously...abit does not have as many problems or updates for mobos like windows has....but it would be sweet 2 delevop sumthin like that :-)

my crap needs an update laughingsmiley.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-20-2004, 03:28 PM
Linux Guru

Rep: 484 (Unique: 264)
Quote:
Originally Posted by adas123
yeah...but seriously...abit does not have as many problems or updates for mobos like windows has....but it would be sweet 2 delevop sumthin like that :-)
Yeah it would be a great service to enable, I guess I will go post the recommendation on the ABIT website.

The recommendation has been made to ABIT here
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-20-2004, 04:23 PM
Retired Staff

Rep: 472 (Unique: 266)
mfillpot, please feel free to use the edit button rather than posting back-to-back. Thanks.

IMHO auto updates are a pain in the ass. Abit does already offer automated BIOS updating through flash menu, and me personally, I'm online enough that I don't mind checking the web site (which I'm on frequently enough anyway) for updates.

Intel Overclocking Guide
RAM 101 (Intel systems in particular)

All statements, posts, recommendations, etc. are my 2cents.gif. Sometimes they're worth a nickel, sometimes they're worth a penny, but I always do my best to at least ensure that my opinions are educated ones. smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-21-2004, 08:17 AM
Linux Guru

Rep: 484 (Unique: 264)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoAffinity
mfillpot, please feel free to use the edit button rather than posting back-to-back. Thanks.

IMHO auto updates are a pain in the ass. Abit does already offer automated BIOS updating through flash menu, and me personally, I'm online enough that I don't mind checking the web site (which I'm on frequently enough anyway) for updates.
Thank you for correcting my double-post.
I really have no reason to visit the mobo manufacturers' website except to look for updates, I think an auto update utility would be a great addition for lazy people like me and computer novices.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in