[Official] --The Asus P6X58D Premium & E Thread-- - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] --The Asus P6X58D Premium & E Thread--

post #21 of 6416 (permalink) Old 02-05-2010, 07:02 PM
Retired Staff

Rep: 500 (Unique: 393)
Just got it set up. Anyone else have a problem with the PW, RESET, etc.? My case buttons don't work and they are installed correctly. The onboard ones work, though so I'm just using those.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 6416 (permalink) Old 02-05-2010, 07:08 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
No button problems here.

post #23 of 6416 (permalink) Old 02-05-2010, 07:19 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
I had no button problems here either.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 6416 (permalink) Old 02-05-2010, 07:27 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 112 (Unique: 85)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEATFISH View Post
Just got it set up. Anyone else have a problem with the PW, RESET, etc.? My case buttons don't work and they are installed correctly. The onboard ones work, though so I'm just using those.
No problems here. Maybe try flipping over the plugs that connect into the motherboard? They might accidentally be plugged in backwards?
post #25 of 6416 (permalink) Old 02-05-2010, 10:01 PM
Retired Staff

I figured out my problem. I had swapped some of the connectors to work with my other board. So my Power LED was really my Power SW, etc.

ANYWAY, here is my current OC:

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1000344

post #26 of 6416 (permalink) Old 02-05-2010, 10:08 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 112 (Unique: 85)
Quote:
I figured out my problem. I had swapped some of the connectors to work with my other board. So my Power LED was really my Power SW, etc.

ANYWAY, here is my current OC:

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1000344
Cool, glad to hear it's working! =)

Out of curiosity, what kind of temps are you getting with your VenX? I've heard lots of good things about that cooler. I'm also running 4ghz and sit between 58c-63c under load using IBT, High Stress, 20 passes.

Thanks!
post #27 of 6416 (permalink) Old 02-05-2010, 10:15 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmisery View Post
Cool, glad to hear it's working! =)

Out of curiosity, what kind of temps are you getting with your VenX? I've heard lots of good things about that cooler. I'm also running 4ghz and sit between 58c-63c under load using IBT, High Stress, 20 passes.

Thanks!
I'm not sure I did a good job with the TIM but my ambient is about 72-74F. I idle about 42-47C and load in Prime95 on type 2 (the maximum heat one) at 75-78C. That's with the settings I linked above. My case is not that great for air flow and I only have one Gentle Typhoon on it. It's also plugged into the MB so it might have some more headroom. I'd say with 2 nice fans, good TIM application, and a better case I could get those temps down AT LEAST 10C.

post #28 of 6416 (permalink) Old 02-05-2010, 10:20 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 303 (Unique: 223)
Does this board have the turbo throttling issue the P6T's had?

Quote:
"'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded."

"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order."

- Friedrich August von Hayek
post #29 of 6416 (permalink) Old 02-05-2010, 10:22 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by liberalelephant View Post
Does this board have the turbo throttling issue the P6T's had?
Well, I think when you set the CPU stuff to manual, it disables throttling. At least the option disappears in the BIOS. Or maybe it was when I disabled Speedstep...one of those things caused it to go away.

post #30 of 6416 (permalink) Old 02-05-2010, 10:27 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 303 (Unique: 223)
Quote:
Well, I think when you set the CPU stuff to manual, it disables throttling. At least the option disappears in the BIOS. Or maybe it was when I disabled Speedstep...one of those things caused it to go away.
No like P6T's would turn the turbo off intermittently when you hit 80C and ASUS refused to fix it even though it was a simple BIOS fix. They fixed the P6TD's and WS boards but the BIOS's that fixed those were "unofficial" BIOS's. They wouldn't fix the P6T's so I sold mine and left a big rant on Asus's forums lol. Other than the turbo throttling I loved everything else about the board.

Quote:
"'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded."

"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order."

- Friedrich August von Hayek

Tags
Asus P6x58d Premium Lga 1366 X58 Ddr3 Usb 3 0 Sata 6 Gb S Atx Motherboard , Intel , Motherboards , Raid

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in