=The Official ASUS P6T Series Motherboard Owners Club= - Page 42 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

=The Official ASUS P6T Series Motherboard Owners Club=

post #411 of 446 (permalink) Old 07-11-2018, 07:40 PM
iPuppet

Rep: 74 (Unique: 57)
Quote: Originally Posted by HelpDatBIOS View Post
@bacon612 - Use MMTool 3.19-3.26 to update X58 Sabertooth microcode, CPU Patch las tab on right side is the microcodes, remove old then insert new and save as new file.
You can also use same tool, on 4th tab, extract P6 microcode section hex edit in your new microcodes, then reinsert via 1st insert tab. The first method above standard method, unless issues presented cause a need for this method.

If you run into issues let me know and I can do the update for you.

Think many x58 Sabertooth owners would be most happy if you can do that and host the patched BIOS for download.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #412 of 446 (permalink) Old 07-11-2018, 08:05 PM
B10S TInk3r

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
@MacClipper - OK, see previous post for edited in BIOS mod
post #413 of 446 (permalink) Old 07-11-2018, 11:19 PM
Enthusiast

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
By the way, I've noticed that with the last two Windows 10 Insider Previews, it is possible to run the newest Intel RST Raid Driver for our ICH10R (16.5 series). As I use a RAID-0-Array of 2 TB SSHDs, this was a source of much pain as it did result in blue screens or a non-booting Windows before (due to a Message Signaled Interrupt Limit set to 80, it did work with a much lower limit set to 1). The latency improved due to the now possible higher limit quite a bit though, so it feels way more fluid. I also set all my PCIE devices (eg. Nvidia Driver) to use Message Signaled Interrupts with the same limit now and I am very happy with the results.

Reference paper from Intel About Message Signaled Interrupts: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/ww...upts-paper.pdf

Here you can find an easy to use tool and more explanations: https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/wi...rrupts.378044/

Last edited by ms178; 07-12-2018 at 12:13 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #414 of 446 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 10:58 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
@bacon612 - Use MMTool 3.19-3.26 to update X58 Sabertooth microcode, CPU Patch last tab on right side is the microcodes, remove old then insert new and save as new file.
You can also use same tool, on 4th tab, extract P6 microcode section hex edit in your new microcodes, then reinsert via 1st insert tab. The first method above standard method, unless issues presented cause a need for this method.

If you run into issues let me know and I can do the update for you.

Here is mod on 1402, if you'd rather not do yourself, or you'd like to compare your work with another already modified BIOS
Spoiler!

Whoa thank you!
I am already running a modded sabertooth 1402 that updated the ICH10R to support trim using RAID0. Your bios doesn't have this update as well does it?

If not ive extracted my current bios, downloaded mmtool from here but these microcodes are bins are arent recognized my MMtool. What am i missing?
post #415 of 446 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 12:37 PM
B10S TInk3r

You're welcome! I'm not sure what MMTool version you're using, that link is for a microcode
Extract the codes from the BIOS I sent, they all work with MMTool, downloaded ones may not as some might have been size adjusted for MMTool. I can't remember which I did yesterday, last one for sure but possibly 2 others too
But if those from my BIOS fail for you too it MMTool version issue, use another version of MMTool if the one you are using gives that error with codes extracted from the BIOS I uploaded. Microdoes are already adjusted in that BIOS for MMTool when version is correct

With the codes extracted from my BIOS give error on insert, then try other version 3.19 or 3.22 or 3.26. With downloaded microcodes you may get that error on several of the codes due to MMTool has sizing requirements for microcodes sometimes.

If all else fails, upload your modified BIOS here and I will put in the new microcodes
post #416 of 446 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 04:34 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
You're welcome! I'm not sure what MMTool version you're using, that link is for a microcode
Extract the codes from the BIOS I sent, they all work with MMTool, downloaded ones may not as some might have been size adjusted for MMTool. I can't remember which I did yesterday, last one for sure but possibly 2 others too
But if those from my BIOS fail for you too it MMTool version issue, use another version of MMTool if the one you are using gives that error with codes extracted from the BIOS I uploaded. Microdoes are already adjusted in that BIOS for MMTool when version is correct

With the codes extracted from my BIOS give error on insert, then try other version 3.19 or 3.22 or 3.26. With downloaded microcodes you may get that error on several of the codes due to MMTool has sizing requirements for microcodes sometimes.

If all else fails, upload your modified BIOS here and I will put in the new microcodes
I attempted to extract the codes from your bios, delete the ones from mine then add yours but it didnt work. Each of the 8 'patches' refused to load into my bios even though I used the same version of mmtool 3.26 do extract and insert. Seems straightforward but I must be missing something. Attached is a zip of my modded bios. Would be awesome if you could patch it.

DROPBOX LINK TO BIOS

Edit: Tried MMtool 3.19, extracted the specific patch for the xeon westmere cpuid from your bios and added it to my bios and it worked. Flashed bios and all seems well. Is there a way to tell if the bios patch worked other than seeing the patch in the bios I flashed in MMTool?

Last edited by bacon612; 07-12-2018 at 05:06 PM.
post #417 of 446 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 07:19 PM
B10S TInk3r

See, you got it! Sorry I didn't remember which version I used, I usually check one and if it fails I quickly jump to the others and don't pay attention to which ends up working.
I should will start making a note in the txt file I keep for each to say which tool/version used!

You can check current "in-use" microcode in the advanced/text style of your BIOS, I think it shows in upper area on the first section.
You can also check with AIDA64 (Unsure if free/trial shows this entry) in the Motherboard >> CPUID section then on upper right area >> Microcode Update Revision.
HWInfo64 also shows on the initial popup screen that looks like CPU-z, example below
post #418 of 446 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 07:27 PM
iPuppet

@MacClipper - OK, see previous post for edited in BIOS mod
Nice, thank you very kindly.

Now to find time to dig out the Sabertooth from storage and tinker with it again!

post #419 of 446 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 08:03 PM
B10S TInk3r

You're welcome! Now, come fix mine I'm stuck with 01 or 05 debug on mine, but I think it's due to scratched trace I need to see if I can fix.
It was cycling through codes, ending with D4/D5 before I noticed the scratch and then cleaned it up a little and I think I made it worse
post #420 of 446 (permalink) Old 07-13-2018, 02:56 AM
iPuppet

Sorry to hear that, good thing is they are rather cheap nowadays if you can find one. Got mine third hand just a few months back and tinkered with it for a while till I got newer toys.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in