=The Official ASUS P6T Series Motherboard Owners Club= - Page 46 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

=The Official ASUS P6T Series Motherboard Owners Club=

post #451 of 461 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 12:12 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
X5670 problems

Hi everyone!

I have a P6t Deluxe mobo paired with a xeon L5640 and it works fine but i want to change to a xeon X5670 instead because of the higher clock speed.

The problem is that when i put in my X5670 the computer won't even post. The screen is just black but all the fans and the pump is running.

I have updated the bios to the latest.

I have switshed back and forth two times.

I have cleared CMOS and used different ram sticks.

I have seen a lot of people using this combination of hardwere so that should not be a problem.

If you know something that might help please let me know. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 461 (permalink) Old 12-20-2019, 02:13 AM
Enthusiast

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
Quote: Originally Posted by Vertzz View Post
I just flashed the WS Pro BIOS on my P6T deluxe V2 and can confirm that there are PCI IRQ issues when using multiple PCI slots. I had to remove the GPU I used for 2nd screen, installed in the lowest PCI slot. (not a problem as I figured out how to correctly enable HDMI audio through multiple outputs on my main GPU)

So far we can confirm that at least the top x4 and bottom x16 slot do not work when a card is installed in the main x16 slot, on both the V1 and V2 mobo. Hardy, were you using other PCI slots as well? It would be good to know if a WS Pro crossflash actually only allows a single PCI card.

First off thanks for your work. Flashing a raw WS pro 1205 bios always seemed sketchy to me and it's great to have updated microcodes, even though I run fast and loose with no spectre or meltdown protection.

I was having some confusion following the flash instructions on your post on page 37. What worked 100% for me was simply using unetbootin to create a FreeDOS 1.0 bootable USB, and selecting "Live CD...With HIMEM" when booting into the USB. Next all I had to do was cd C:\ to reach the main USB drive and execute the "afu236u /i[BIOS file name].rom /pbnc /n" command. This was with the AFU236U and bios file placed directly into the USB card, not in a subfolder.

Your post is the most referenced thing when searching for P6T flashing, could you please update it to remove old info and clarify/simplify the process?
Thanks for your feedback, I will update my post to clarify that point.
post #453 of 461 (permalink) Old 01-03-2020, 11:14 PM
Tyd
New to Overclock.net

This thread is very long, I'm quite excited to find it.

It was brought to my attention today that I could upgrade the i7 920 in my Asus P6T Deluxe V2 to a Xeon. I had no idea that it was still possible to get CPU's that fit in the 1366 socket!

That said I'm a bit confused by the large number that I can find on i.e. Ebay. The last few pages of this thread has been confusing as well - all the custom flashing of BIOS. Is there a guide that I could be linked to?

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #454 of 461 (permalink) Old 03-26-2020, 07:45 PM
New to Overclock.net

I can't believe this thread is still going at 10 years old!
post #455 of 461 (permalink) Old 03-27-2020, 06:49 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 156 (Unique: 132)
Quote: Originally Posted by junky228 View Post
My P6T setup is still so fast I can't justify spending $ to upgrade.

Wheatley
(16 items)
MacBookPro
(11 items)
CPU
i7-970 @ 4.14GHz 1.350v
Motherboard
P6T7 WS Supercomputer
GPU
MSI RX 580
GPU
RAM
48GB Crucial Ballistix @1660MHz 9-9-9-27
Hard Drive
Momentus XT
Hard Drive
intel 480GB 520 series
Power Supply
AX850
Cooling
INX-720
Case
PC-Z60
Operating System
win7pro
Monitor
Soyo P-MVA 1200p 24"
Monitor
Dell 24" 1200p
Monitor
Dell 17" 4:3 (market tickers)
Keyboard
Das Keyboard Ultimate 4
Mouse
Logitech G5
CPU
3720QM
Motherboard
Laptop Motherboard
GPU
650M
Hard Drive
Crucial MX200
Optical Drive
HL-DT-ST DVDRW GSA-S10N
Power Supply
MagSafe
Cooling
Heatpipe & blower
Monitor
1440 x 900
Keyboard
Apple US
Mouse
trackpad
Audio
Intel High Definition Audio
▲ hide details ▲

post #456 of 461 (permalink) Old 03-30-2020, 11:37 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by junky228 View Post
And counting !!!
Just finished to buy a Xeon X5675 to my P6T Deluxe!
I have 1600Mhz DDR3 Ram (3 x 2GB)

Any tips to overclock it?

Thanks in advance
post #457 of 461 (permalink) Old 05-06-2020, 12:16 PM
New to Overclock.net

Hello, have someone any ideas?
MB: P6T deluxe v2

I have now tried the first P6T-WS-ASUS-PRO-1205. i7 ok, xeon no.
Then p6tws4. i7 ok, xeon no.
Then mod156. i7 ok, xeon no.

only the fans run with the xeon, but i have no picture.
post #458 of 461 (permalink) Old 05-22-2020, 11:42 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by ms178 View Post
Hey guys! This is a short introduction to my mod for my Asus P6T Deluxe V2 which I have crossflashed with a modded P6X58D-E / P6TWS Pro BIOS. The former allows me to use a much newer Intel Option Rom (OROM) for my 2 x 2TB SSHDs in RAID-0 and contains the option to use a voltage offset (which the original BIOS did not have). Thus I was able to use a Xeon E5645 @ 2.4 Ghz @ 1.03 V at idle (runs @ 3.8 Ghz @ 1.18 V under load). Also thanks to the new OROM I get better results for my SSHDs. Use it at your own risk, you'll find the necessary tools here : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx...mt1b201Q1RQS00

(Update As I have upgraded my CPU to a X5650 / X5675, I have also uploaded a modified P6TWS Pro BIOS with the newest Microcode, but with an older 10.x Intel Option ROM with TRIM support though.

Advantages: 1) High TDP lets you overclock beyond the TDP limit of your CPU (this is beneficial to OC CPU's with a low TDP), 2) Turbo mode can be disabled to increase stability, 3) unbuffered ECC-RAM support which increases stability (unbuffered ECC RAM works with the other BIOS in non-ECC mode as well)

Disadvantages: 1) No dynamic voltage regulation, 2) no newer Intel Option Roms beyond 10.x, 3) Firewire does not work 4) possibly some of the PCIe x4-slots may not work 5) same ASUS Express gate issue as stated below

What's new?
mod153mc2.rom

- much newer Microcode (from June/August 2015) for Nehalem and Westmere CPUs (CPUID: 06A4, 06A5 and 06C2), deleted support for engineering samples (CPUID: 06A0 and 06C0)
- Intel Option ROM: 8086-2822_v15032675.bin (tested and works with my 2x 2 TB SSHD RAID-0, also got it to work with the newer 8086-2822_v15102545.bin and versions below, all OROMs newer than that fail to load the RAID array due to size)
- deleted the ASUS splash screen

The mod153mc3 version contains all of the above and additionally uses a modified Marvell LAN Option ROM (same version 11ab-4380_v66813.bin) which is untested and might not work due to size.

What is known not to work?
- the top PCIe x4 slot doesn't work anymore
- ASUS Express Gate is recognized as a *HiSpeed* USB Mass Storage Device, which can be disabled in Windows
- the CPU TURBO cannot be disabled

Flashing process:
Assuming you are currently on the stock BIOS of your P6T Deluxe V2, you'll need to flash the new BIOS with an engineering version of AFUDOS. EZFlash won't accept it! The file provided here is AFU236U.exe and will do the job.

You'll need a bootable USB stick with the aforementioned AFUDOS version and the BIOS file. Make sure that it runs in HIGHMEM mode or you'll get an error while trying to flash the BIOS. You can use unetbootin to create a FreeDOS 1.0 bootable USB stick, and select "Live CD...With HIMEM" while booting. Next you need to type "cd C:\" to reach the main USB drive and execute the "afu236u /i[BIOS file name].rom /pbnc /n" command. This was with the AFU236U and BIOS file placed directly into the main directory on the USB stick, not in a subfolder. After restart, you should be greeted with the new BIOS.

*updated both BIOS files with new Microcode for Nehalem and Westmere from May 2018* --> mod156 for the P6X58D-E / the p6tws4 for that board.

*added info how to create a bootable USB stick* December 2019

Hi friend, how u doin?

I need some help here, i just got a p6t dlx v1, and I have some questions about.
The only way to support a X5675 and fixing the High TDP issue is doing crossflashing?

And its possible to edit de special bios 0006 to support the Xeon? Because I really dont wanna lose some PCIE slots.
Ah, another thing, if I crossflash the bios to P6X58DE, the 512mb memory onboard will be capable of booting was a flashdrive? I want to use a NVME drive with PCIE card adapter to boot windows with Clover bootloader, the Idea is using this onboard usb flash memory to install the bootloader and avoid any needs of SATA driver or USB stick.

Last edited by Loveless_; 05-22-2020 at 11:46 PM.
post #459 of 461 (permalink) Old 06-09-2020, 06:49 AM
Enthusiast

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
Quote: Originally Posted by Loveless_ View Post
Hi friend, how u doin?

I need some help here, i just got a p6t dlx v1, and I have some questions about.
The only way to support a X5675 and fixing the High TDP issue is doing crossflashing?

And its possible to edit de special bios 0006 to support the Xeon? Because I really dont wanna lose some PCIE slots.
Ah, another thing, if I crossflash the bios to P6X58DE, the 512mb memory onboard will be capable of booting was a flashdrive? I want to use a NVME drive with PCIE card adapter to boot windows with Clover bootloader, the Idea is using this onboard usb flash memory to install the bootloader and avoid any needs of SATA driver or USB stick.
As I haven't tested the mod on a P6T Deluxe V1 I cannot tell if it would work at all but for my P6T Deluxe V2 using the P6TWS Pro bios was the only reliable way to fix the High TDP issue. I also never tried to boot an NVME drive with a PCIe card adapter but from reading about it this was only recommended on some older Samsung NVMe drives which provided an OptionROM to get to boot from it. There are some crazy workarounds out there with a USB flash drive which fakes an UEFI environment, but I haven't looked into it myself. The only practical use I had for the onboard flash drive (which you could also use with the P6TWS Pro Bios) was using it for a Linux bootloader, but I don't know if it would suite your use case. The tiny size is quite limiting.

By the way, I no longer own that board.
post #460 of 461 (permalink) Old 06-26-2020, 08:51 PM
New to Overclock.net

Is there a good tutorial on crossflashing the asus p6t vanilla bios to p6t ws and is it a good idea? Most of the links I found are dead now. Also if I have a higher multiplier will it help keep voltages down after flashing? I've been able to oc my x5670 to 4.5-4.6ghz stablish at 1.39V on the vanilla bios.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in