H80 / H80i / H90 / H100 / H100i / H110 Case Compatibility Thread (Page 1 for full listings) - Page 29 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

H80 / H80i / H90 / H100 / H100i / H110 Case Compatibility Thread (Page 1 for full listings)

post #281 of 1518 (permalink) Old 02-09-2012, 01:59 PM
Boo Hiss metadtaclock.net

Rep: 237 (Unique: 190)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rctrucker View Post

I'm using Zalman ZM-STG2. I might try another application this weekend and see if it makes an improvement, the line or pea, not sure yet. It would depend on what it looks like when I take it off this time. I am hesitant to do it because it is such a pain to get it of and on, I don't have the little hands I need to get in there and tighten those screws.
EDIT: While I am at it, as far as fan configuration goes I am now running push/pull, exhaust out the top of my 600t(just offset so it fits above my ram). - Fig. A
Now the other options is to do a PUSH only config, pushing into my case from the top. - Fig. B
Blue is cool air in, Red is hot air exhaust.
Keep in mind that the mesh side panel has a 200mm blowing in onto my video card, see pics for current setup.
Which would give better temps? Seems like push/pull exhaust would, seeing as how I have a 120mm pulling in my 5.25" bays, the 200mm in the front, 200mm on the side panel and 120mm exhaust out the back.

A. with the rear fan blowing inwards.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #282 of 1518 (permalink) Old 02-09-2012, 05:49 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 77 (Unique: 56)
Ok, reseated the block, used 2 screwdrivers this time to tighten each side evenly.

Core 0 is about 1-2c cooler (might just be ambient though)

BUT all the other cores show a ~4c drop in temps.

Does anyone know where each core is located? If there is a way to tell.

post #283 of 1518 (permalink) Old 02-09-2012, 11:15 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 87 (Unique: 80)
Quote:

Which would give better temps? Seems like push/pull exhaust would, seeing as how I have a 120mm pulling in my 5.25" bays, the 200mm in the front, 200mm on the side panel and 120mm exhaust out the back.

For your info, someone else who had similar overheating 3930k issues, turned out it was the H100 at fault.
https://www.overclock.net/t/1178485/3930k-overheating-issue-stock-speeds/0_20#post_15844544

And Here, some useful info:
http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=1345602&mpage=1&print=true

I'm not sure about the core layout for this CPU either, did a quick google and couldn't find it. They will be in the centre of course, but whether the chip runs vertically or horizontally, I'm not sure.

We're at risk of this thread going way off topic, maybe you should open a new thread, detailing what you've done in the relevant forum, give me a link and I'll continue to discuss it there with you. Don't want to get too far from this threads purpose!

There's no such thing as a stupid question..... Only stupid answers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #284 of 1518 (permalink) Old 02-10-2012, 08:05 AM
New to Overclock.net

Wait, topic?

O RIGHT!

As you can see in my sig, I have push pull, normal sized 120s AND I didn't do any crazy modding. It is similar to others, but this will ONLY work if you have fairly low profile ram, I had barely 1/8" clearance.

post #285 of 1518 (permalink) Old 02-10-2012, 08:25 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 62 (Unique: 54)
You can fit Phantom Push pull without any modding except for taking the small HD cage out and you dont mind the rad being held by a few bungies or somthing similar. Heres a diagram of the airflow in the case (cant post any pics for a week or two, H100 in for rma, the electrical on the block pooped out on me) I bet for a custom loop, a 360 might even fit.

Note: this will not work with more than one optical drive and said drive has to be in the top position

http://www.imgeasy.com/?v=KbJAd.jpg

any feedback on the airflow will be apprciated

Can't find the Droid you're looking for? Join the Dark Side with the
Funnies (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepejovi go_quote.gif

What do you think this is, reasonablepurchases.net?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadProfessor go_quote.gif

Welcome to the Internet, where men are boys, women are men, and all children are FBI agents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLAWNOOB go_quote.gif

Listen, and understand.

AMD is out there. They can't be bargained with. They can't be reasoned with. They will not feel pity, remorse, or fear. And they absolutely will not stop, ever, until their core counts reaches 9000.
Quote:
Originally Posted by {Unregistered} go_quote.gif

Are you afraid to come out as a brown man?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalUnicorn go_quote.gif

Vaping is like tipping a mouth fedora.

post #286 of 1518 (permalink) Old 02-10-2012, 08:29 AM
Meow!

Rep: 242 (Unique: 204)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidiaftw12 View Post

Quote:

I'm using Zalman ZM-STG2. I might try another application this weekend and see if it makes an improvement, the line or pea, not sure yet. It would depend on what it looks like when I take it off this time. I am hesitant to do it because it is such a pain to get it of and on, I don't have the little hands I need to get in there and tighten those screws.
EDIT: While I am at it, as far as fan configuration goes I am now running push/pull, exhaust out the top of my 600t(just offset so it fits above my ram). - Fig. A
Now the other options is to do a PUSH only config, pushing into my case from the top. - Fig. B
Blue is cool air in, Red is hot air exhaust.
Keep in mind that the mesh side panel has a 200mm blowing in onto my video card, see pics for current setup.

A. with the rear fan blowing inwards.

I was thinking the same thing too on my 600T White Edition. simply these isn't enough intake for the H100. Unless i add 4 fans on the side panel.

~ Nothing to see here ~

post #287 of 1518 (permalink) Old 02-10-2012, 11:11 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by djriful View Post

I was thinking the same thing too on my 600T White Edition. simply these isn't enough intake for the H100. Unless i add 4 fans on the side panel.

I took the top 200mm fan, and put it as intake above my GPU, just made a couple holes in the mesh panel a little bit bigger to mount it. You can also get some pretty awesome filters from frozencpu.com HERE

post #288 of 1518 (permalink) Old 02-10-2012, 08:06 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 188 (Unique: 146)
so i just did the measurements and if you use normal 120 or 140 mm fans inside the case, the rad on top of the case, and fans that are <16mm thick, you can do push pull with no modding and have plenty of room to spare in the phantom 410

Ryzen & Vega Enthoo Evolv ATX TG Case Mod Build Log
Audio (Click to show)
Sources: The Spectre | Lenovus Maximus | Huawei Honor 8
DAC's: HiFimeDIY Sabre SPDIF | iBasso D-Zero
Amplification:ASL MG-Head OTL Mark III
Headphones: Sennheiser HD650 | Shure SE215K | Logitech UE6000
Speakers
Home Theater/Lenovus Maximus: Pioneer Elite SC-85 > Music Angel SDXE M9 > Klipsch KG5.2 w/Crites tweeters/crossovers
The Spectre: Adam Ax7
Build Logs (Click to show)Overclocking Accolades (Click to show)

post #289 of 1518 (permalink) Old 02-10-2012, 08:08 PM
Retired Staff

Rep: 110 (Unique: 82)
Both fit in Antec's lanboy air.

Have a use for 3d printing? Laser Cutting? Laser Scanning? 4/5 axis CNC Milling? Give me a shout! Want to figure out how to make something yourself? Still give me a shout!
post #290 of 1518 (permalink) Old 02-10-2012, 08:52 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
I just installed the H100 in my Thermaltake Lvl 10 GT

044-1-1.jpg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in